Fitness...do you?

Old Sep 8th 2016, 4:36 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fitness...do you?

Originally Posted by loubiblu
I bike most days, mostly around town, but I do try to get in at least 2 long rides a week. I did the couch to 5k program a few years ago. I'd love to run more, I'm just rubbish at it! I can run 5k in about 30 mins and am training for a 10k at the end of Oct. I still question why I can bike for 50+ miles without really breaking a sweat, but need an oxygen tent after a 5k run
A 30 minute 5K isn't rubbish to me. Not when I put in a near-walking-pace time of 42'11" the other day.

I can bike much longer distances than I can run as well. I could easily manage 10 miles on my bike back when I was struggling to run the length of my driveway . I have to get mine fixed though, I think I hit the rear derailleur with my car one day and now it changes gears by itself. Just haven't been arsed to take it to the repair shop yet.

Another run tonight; let's see if I can't get that back below 40 minutes again.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
A 30 minute 5K isn't rubbish to me. Not when I put in a near-walking-pace time of 42'11" the other day.

I can bike much longer distances than I can run as well. I could easily manage 10 miles on my bike back when I was struggling to run the length of my driveway . I have to get mine fixed though, I think I hit the rear derailleur with my car one day and now it changes gears by itself. Just haven't been arsed to take it to the repair shop yet.

Another run tonight; let's see if I can't get that back below 40 minutes again.
I can't wait to swap out my tyres for studded ones. I am so over this late heat wave/humidity. It's ok in Flirida on a 2 week holiday, but I not day to day living/working. Kudos to anyone who runs outside, I've retreated to the treadmill in the basement, although I refuse to stick my bike on the turbo trainer and still ride outdoors.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 6:49 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait to swap out my tyres for studded ones. I am so over this late heat wave/humidity. It's ok in Flirida on a 2 week holiday, but I not day to day living/working. Kudos to anyone who runs outside, I've retreated to the treadmill in the basement, although I refuse to stick my bike on the turbo trainer and still ride outdoors.
I'm looking forward to autumn, myself. I ran on Tuesday at the tail end of our 90 degree weather - I lost 2lbs just by sweating. I've ran in pissing rain and thunderstorms before, because it started when I was already a mile in and I wasn't going to turn around and go home. Not necessarily my most enjoyable runs, but at least I got the miles in, I suppose. I started running outside in March (I did the whole C25K program at the gym on the treadmill) and had a few runs in the 30s, but I'm not sure how far into winter I'm going to keep going out. At some point I'll have to start using the treadmill again because the path I run on gets quite icy once winter's under way.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 7:06 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say that I am totally in love with rowing. My whole body is repaying me for the 3 or 4 hours a week that I am in the boat. I don't think my arms have been this toned since I stopped carrying toddlers around. No aches/pains from joints (both my knees have been damaged/operated on due to skiing accidents), no almost getting run over or knocked off my bike. It's lovely and cool in the mornings on the lake and very quiet.

I feel less stressed and some of the weight I've gained since moving stateside is shifting.

Oh yes, the beautifully toned male rowers brighten my day too!
Old Sep 8th 2016, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond repute

Trying something completely different tonight. The heat index is down to 93 and I'm good to go in leggings, hoodie and gloves for the first of my 10 adult ice skating lessons I signed up for through the local park district
Old Sep 8th 2016, 11:44 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Ten pin bowling season is back in full swing here. So I am now throwing a 12lb ball lots of times a week. If I were better I wouldn't have to throw it so much
Old Sep 9th 2016, 1:32 pm
I have a comma problem

Welp, yesterday's run wasn't much better than Tuesday's. Managed 41"38', so I shaved off about 45 seconds . Not sure if I'm going to do the 5K race tomorrow or not, I'll barely be faster than the walkers at that pace.

I bet I could run a lot faster if I wasn't carrying around 50lbs of extra me that I don't need to be. I can have all the cardiovascular fitness in the world but it's all for nothing if I'm still a ham planet ...

Trying something completely different tonight. The heat index is down to 93 and I'm good to go in leggings, hoodie and gloves for the first of my 10 adult ice skating lessons I signed up for through the local park district
That's an interesting contrast to the hot and sweaty evening I had for my run

Nice morning so far, though. Are you in the city or the suburbs?

Originally Posted by lizzyq
Ten pin bowling season is back in full swing here. So I am now throwing a 12lb ball lots of times a week. If I were better I wouldn't have to throw it so much
I used to use a 12lb ball so I could throw it harder for more strikes. In theory. Really, I kind of suck at bowling unless I'm slightly drunk.
Old Sep 9th 2016, 1:37 pm
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Welp, yesterday's run wasn't much better than Tuesday's. Managed 41"38', so I shaved off about 45 seconds . Not sure if I'm going to do the 5K race tomorrow or not, I'll barely be faster than the walkers at that pace.

I bet I could run a lot faster if I wasn't carrying around 50lbs of extra me that I don't need to be. I can have all the cardiovascular fitness in the world but it's all for nothing if I'm still a ham planet ...

I used to use a 12lb ball so I could throw it harder for more strikes. In theory. Really, I kind of suck at bowling unless I'm slightly drunk.
Very few bowlers that I have seen would be viewed as 'athletes'. One strongish arm, the same one used for hoisting the beer mug.
Old Sep 9th 2016, 1:42 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
Very few bowlers that I have seen would be viewed as 'athletes'. One strongish arm, the same one used for hoisting the beer mug.
That's very true.
Old Sep 9th 2016, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm in the first suburb outside of the city. We live 6 blocks from the city boundary line.

It was strange walking into the cold arena from the heat of the evening. It's cooler here today too and thankfully the humidity is decreasing.

Good luck with the running.
Old Sep 9th 2016, 4:57 pm
I have a comma problem

I'm in the first suburb outside of the city. We live 6 blocks from the city boundary line.

It was strange walking into the cold arena from the heat of the evening. It's cooler here today too and thankfully the humidity is decreasing.

Good luck with the running.
I'm up close to Wisconsin. It was hot and humid up here yesterday. Things should start to get nice next week though.
Old Sep 9th 2016, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm up close to Wisconsin. It was hot and humid up here yesterday. Things should start to get nice next week though.
Did you get much corn sweat? 'Corn sweat' adding to heat misery in Midwest

I rode RAGBRAI at the end of July and it was a much harder ride than I expected it to be! This Northern lass is not used to midwest summers
Old Sep 9th 2016, 6:46 pm
I have a comma problem

Did you get much corn sweat? 'Corn sweat' adding to heat misery in Midwest

I rode RAGBRAI at the end of July and it was a much harder ride than I expected it to be! This Northern lass is not used to midwest summers
I hadn't heard of corn sweat. I think the closest corn fields to my house are 5-6 miles away though, not sure if that affects me locally.

Summers can get bad here for humidity. But as I said before, it helps get rid of excess water. Every little helps and all that.
Old Sep 9th 2016, 8:24 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
I am going to try and avoid the unhealthy attractions of the bowling alley this season. In one of my leagues I am the youngest by at least a decade, maybe two! At that one we just drink coffee, it is the evening league that has the beer & fattening food.
Old Sep 9th 2016, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

jambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizzyq
I am going to try and avoid the unhealthy attractions of the bowling alley this season. In one of my leagues I am the youngest by at least a decade, maybe two! At that one we just drink coffee, it is the evening league that has the beer & fattening food.
The OH and I went bowling and the games we played took forever, as I'm a food fiend and saw loaded nachos on the menu! I ordered family share size too for the both of us, but told my OH it was honestly a normal sized one I ordered!

Another 6.8km added to my tally. This year I've done more running I ever have done in any previous year already so I'm proud of myself for that! As a result I'm only 147lbs!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.