Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

First Lady, your thoughts?

First Lady, your thoughts?

Old Nov 11th 2016, 4:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default First Lady, your thoughts?

I have always felt that Michelle Obama has been an excellent First Lady. Her intelligence, personality and general positive demeanor have been a joy to see during her husband's time as President. They obviously have a great personal and working relationship together.

So what are everyone's thoughts on the new First Lady, Melania?

Can she handle the pressure. Will she be involved or will she just be there to look good?
Old Nov 11th 2016, 4:55 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Lady, your thoughts?

Just looking good does it for me.
Old Nov 11th 2016, 4:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lansbury
Old Nov 11th 2016, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

By all accounts she seems an intelligent person who can speak multiple languages and seems like she got on with First Lady Michelle Obama.

I think she will hold her own.

However, she's the only first lady to have posed nude.
Old Nov 11th 2016, 5:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Your replies have been reported to the "Very inappropriate reply" box. Please be prepared to face the wrath of all female members of this site
Old Nov 11th 2016, 5:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

We never mentioned nude?
Old Nov 11th 2016, 5:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Boiler
We never mentioned nude?
No, but typical male retort was to immediately mention her looks

Tell me what you think she will bring to Trump's presidency? Do you think she will be involved in promoting education or healthy living or some of the other projects other FL's have become involved in. Or are you happy to just see her as eye candy and a fashion trend setter?
Old Nov 11th 2016, 5:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Remind me What does a first lady or first man actually do?

Do they get a salary?
Can they refuse to do some of the shit they are expected to do?
What would happen if they got divorced half way through his 4 yr term could he go out and get another 1st lady?
Why do they need a 1st lady/man? By virtue of being married to the President they automatically get the job isn't that a bit unfair. Perhaps they should advertise the job or hold a referendum to see who should get the job if one is required.
Has there ever been a single President and if not why not as isn't that discriminating against single people?
Are they allowed to use Air Force One or Marine One for a shopping trip under the guise of 1st lady/man duties?
Now with her own staff she won't have to make Donald a grilled cheese sandwich.
Old Nov 11th 2016, 5:32 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Well talking of First Ladies, I wonder if former FL Hillary Clinton will quietly divorce Bill now that her political ambitions have been thwarted?
Old Nov 11th 2016, 5:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Well talking of First Ladies, I wonder if former FL Hillary Clinton will quietly divorce Bill now that her political ambitions have been thwarted?
How could such an event remain quiet
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

She says she is going to address internet bullying. The irony of that statement is pretty amazing.
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Remind me What does a first lady or first man actually do?

Do they get a salary?
Can they refuse to do some of the shit they are expected to do?
What would happen if they got divorced half way through his 4 yr term could he go out and get another 1st lady?
Why do they need a 1st lady/man? By virtue of being married to the President they automatically get the job isn't that a bit unfair. Perhaps they should advertise the job or hold a referendum to see who should get the job if one is required.
Has there ever been a single President and if not why not as isn't that discriminating against single people?
Are they allowed to use Air Force One or Marine One for a shopping trip under the guise of 1st lady/man duties?
Now with her own staff she won't have to make Donald a grilled cheese sandwich.
Can't answer all your questions but I know she doesn't get paid. I also don't think they have to do anything other than be available to meet and greet dignitaries but I may be wrong.

I guess if they want to divorce there is nothing to stop them....?? I think!
Old Nov 11th 2016, 5:46 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
No, but typical male retort was to immediately mention her looks
My comment was in keeping with the new regime in the WH. It's back to the dark ages for you lot, the old white men are back in charge. (Well until Mrs L tells me otherwise)

ETA - it was actually you who made her looks an option.

Last edited by lansbury; Nov 11th 2016 at 5:57 pm.
Old Nov 11th 2016, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma

Tell me what you think she will bring to Trump's presidency? Do you think she will be involved in promoting education or healthy living or some of the other projects other FL's have become involved in. Or are you happy to just see her as eye candy and a fashion trend setter?
I think she should do whatever she wants to and which she thinks is beneficial. Really never have seen the first spouse as part of the equation. Mrs Obama seems to have as far as she is able put her considerable intellect and skills to good use. The restrictions must be very confining for anyone in that position.
Old Nov 11th 2016, 6:02 pm
Account Closed

I think she should do whatever she wants to and which she thinks is beneficial. Really never have seen the first spouse as part of the equation. Mrs Obama seems to have as far as she is able put her considerable intellect and skills to good use. The restrictions must be very confining for anyone in that position.
This is interesting:

First Ladies of the United States

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.