Firearms

Old May 28th 2011, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Ohio556 will become famous soon enoughOhio556 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Firearms

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Which brings me back to my first point. Why are you afraid the whole time?

I'm not afraid anytime, anywhere.

I'm a submission grappler/BJJ guy who carries two pistols and a knife, with a rifle behind the seat of my truck. What is there to be afraid of?

Do you brush your teeth before you go to bed and when you wake up? What are you afraid of? Do you think bad breath will kill you?

Do you have homeowner's insurance or vehicle insurance? What are you afraid of? Why do you spend every waking moment worrying that your house will be blown away by a hurricane or carried off in a flood?

Do you wear a seat-belt? What are you afraid of????

Do you have fire extinguishers in your home? Well what are you afraid of? Are you actually afraid your house will burn down?
Old May 28th 2011, 6:59 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ohio556
I'm not afraid anytime, anywhere.

I'm a submission grappler/BJJ guy who carries two pistols and a knife, with a rifle behind the seat of my truck. What is there to be afraid of?

Do you brush your teeth before you go to bed and when you wake up? What are you afraid of? Do you think bad breath will kill you?

Do you have homeowner's insurance or vehicle insurance? What are you afraid of? Why do you spend every waking moment worrying that your house will be blown away by a hurricane or carried off in a flood?

Do you wear a seat-belt? What are you afraid of????

Do you have fire extinguishers in your home? Well what are you afraid of? Are you actually afraid your house will burn down?

Oddly enough, I don't find the possession of a fire extinguisher to be in quite the same category as only being able to answer the front door if armed to the teeth.

Could be just me of course.

You don't seem to feel confident that you can handle yourself or others without weaponry.
Old May 28th 2011, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DeltaSierra70
So, you go to the door with a BAR? or a Dragunov? or a PTK? if you thought it was an elephant?
And if you're a good enough shot, which I doubt, you can drop an elephant with a .22 through the eye.

I put two rounds within about inch of each other at 500 yards on a reduced silhouette target using an M-1 Garand, iron sights, with military surplus 30'06 ammunition from a sling supported prone position. I then put two more about next to one of the first rounds, if I drew a circle around them it wouldn't have been any bigger than the palm of my hand.

Good enough for you?
Old May 28th 2011, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DeltaSierra70
So, you go to the door with a BAR? or a Dragunov? or a PTK? if you thought it was an elephant?
And if you're a good enough shot, which I doubt, you can drop an elephant with a .22 through the eye.

Nope, by default a charging elephant has the right of way...

The preference would be to avoid the door rather than answer it, not that it would make a difference, the elephant will be through the door if it wants to be through the door.
Old May 28th 2011, 7:01 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I put two rounds within about inch of each other at 500 yards on a reduced silhouette target using an M-1 Garand, iron sights, with military surplus 30'06 ammunition from a sling supported prone position. I then put two more about next to one of the first rounds, if I drew a circle around them it wouldn't have been any bigger than the palm of my hand.

Good enough for you?

So manly.
Old May 28th 2011, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

You don't seem to feel confident that you can handle yourself or others without weaponry.

If you're in Ohio drop by and we can roll for a while, then you can re-evaluate your snap judgment as to whether or not I can handle myself without weaponry.

Grappling is great, but I don't have any desire to try grappling my way out of a gunfight, a car-jacking attempt, or any sort of armed robbery, hence the pistol/s.
Old May 28th 2011, 7:03 pm

If you're in Ohio drop by and we can roll for a while, then you can re-evaluate your snap judgment as to whether or not I can handle myself without weaponry.

Grappling is great, but I don't have any desire to try grappling my way out of a gunfight, a car-jacking attempt, or any sort of armed robbery, hence the pistol/s.
Why do you think this stuff is going to happen to you all the time?
Old May 28th 2011, 7:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Great entertainment
Old May 28th 2011, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Great entertainment

Just don't knock on his door. You might startle him.
Old May 28th 2011, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Why do you think this stuff is going to happen to you all the time?

Why do you live in la la land where bad things never happen to good people?

The CDC and US DOJ state that the odds of an American being a victim of a violent crime are 2:1 during their adult years.

You like playing the odds? If you're good at playing the odds you should head to Vegas, make some quick money.
Old May 28th 2011, 7:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

The CDC and US DOJ state that the odds of an American being a victim of a violent crime are 2:1 during their adult years.
Especially if they knock on doors in Illinois
Old May 28th 2011, 7:07 pm

You like playing the odds? If you're good at playing the odds you should head to Vegas, make some quick money.

Ah, well I'm foreign. Maybe that's why these things don't happen to me.
Old May 28th 2011, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Oddly enough, I don't find the possession of a fire extinguisher to be in quite the same category as only being able to answer the front door if armed to the teeth.

Could be just me of course.

When does a single pistol with a single magazine constitute "armed to the teeth."

That's about as minimal as it gets while still being armed.
Old May 28th 2011, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Ah, well I'm foreign. Maybe that's why these things don't happen to me.

Did you originally write "this things" and then change it to "these things" as I was quoting you?

I was going to say, you sure sound foreign to me, they don't even speak that way in West Virginia!
Old May 28th 2011, 7:10 pm

Did you originally write "this things" and then change it to "these things" as I was quoting you?

I was going to say, you sure sound foreign to me, they don't even speak that way in West Virginia!

Mm, I committed a typo. I'm hoping that won't provoke violence.

I am as foreign as they come, but, god help me, I live in Illinois.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.