Firearms

Old May 28th 2011, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Ohio556 will become famous soon enoughOhio556 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Firearms

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
So why can't you answer the front door without a gun then?

Well I can do whatever I want, I could answer my door backwards with my ass sticking up towards the face of whoever I am about to greet, but I elect not to do so.

In a free country I'm free to answer my door however I want.
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ohio556
At any rate, when you don't know who's at the door, it always pays to take your pistol with, especially if it was where it should be when you woke up, specifically right next to the bed, which is where I had it.
That's where I keep my vibrator which, incidentally, also comes in very handy when answering the door to complete strangers.

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
With their bloody smart clothing and polite manners
It's the little briefcases that do it.

I mean, they could have anything in there.
Old May 28th 2011, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Maybe the ones in Ohio are extremely fierce?
It was actually in Illinois...
Old May 28th 2011, 6:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

'The Watchtower' is printed on a death star over there.
Old May 28th 2011, 6:42 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
With their bloody smart clothing and polite manners
They've terrorized me for years. There's one outside sitting on my car right now. I can't leave the house.
Old May 28th 2011, 6:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I answer the door the whole time, and amazingly it's almost never a crazed axe murderer.
Jehovah's witnesses are far worse than axe murderers...everyone knows that.
Well I can do whatever I want, I could answer my door backwards with my ass sticking up towards the face of whoever I am about to greet, but I elect not to do so.

In a free country I'm free to answer my door however I want.
Oh please don't give us that free country crap again.
Old May 28th 2011, 6:43 pm
WTF?

It's the little briefcases that do it.

I mean, they could have anything in there.
Menacing pamphlets, hair ribbons, and aggressive granola based snacks.
Old May 28th 2011, 6:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
They've terrorized me for years. There's one outside sitting on my car right now. I can't leave the house.
I find it's safest to stay inside in my underwear anyway.
Old May 28th 2011, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Since my x-ray vision has been somewhat lacking in the last few decades, I wasn't able to determine, from my bedroom, who was at the front door...

Also, since my powers of telekinesis haven't been what they used to be, I'm not able to read their thoughts and determine their intentions.
Old May 28th 2011, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DeltaSierra70
I promised myself I wasn't ever posting here again, but someone is going to point out the subtle differences in how much easier it is to kill someone with one over the other. Might as well be me

I think I may have to join you, I wasn't expecting to draw a crowd of looney-tunes.

Sort of makes one wonder how the Boer war went the way it did...
Old May 28th 2011, 6:52 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

They envy your freedoms, that's what it is.
Old May 28th 2011, 6:53 pm

Since my x-ray vision has been somewhat lacking in the last few decades, I wasn't able to determine, from my bedroom, who was at the front door...

Also, since my powers of telekinesis haven't been what they used to be, I'm not able to read their thoughts and determine their intentions.

Which brings me back to my first point. Why are you afraid the whole time?
Old May 28th 2011, 6:54 pm
MCROW

DeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really nice

I'll get back to you on that someday if I ever wind up frightened all the time.

What do I have to be afraid of? The only thing I don't have a caliber for is an charging elephant and I could probably get by with dropping one with a 30'06 or a 7.62x54R but it wouldn't be my first choice.

Fortunately I don't live in Kenya or Tanzania so the odds of a charging elephant are very minimal...
So, you go to the door with a BAR? or a Dragunov? or a PTK? if you thought it was an elephant?
And if you're a good enough shot, which I doubt, you can drop an elephant with a .22 through the eye.
Old May 28th 2011, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaSierra70
So, you go to the door with a BAR? or a Dragunov? or a PTK? if you thought it was an elephant?
And if you're a good enough shot, which I doubt, you can drop an elephant with a .22 through the eye.

This is getting complicated. Are there many aggressive rogue elephants knocking at the door in Illinois?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.