Firearms

Old May 28th 2011, 6:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Firearms

Originally Posted by Ohio556
The last time the Jehovah's Witnesses came by I answered the door in my underwear while holding a pistol (I had been asleep when they woke me up via knocking on the door).

I kindly informed them I had already had a religion and wished them a pleasant day before slamming the door. They didn't hesitate to turn around and leave.

I just don't think holding a phone-book would have had the same impact...

At any rate, when you don't know who's at the door, it always pays to take your pistol with, especially if it was where it should be when you woke up, specifically right next to the bed, which is where I had it.
Really? They once knocked on my door when I lived in England (the previous owner of the house used to invite them in for tea and a chat)...I told them I wasn't interested and not to come back. They turned around and left...they didn't return.

I just don't think it had anything to do with me not holding a gun.

I have a camera and intercom...so I can see and hear who is at my door. If I don't recognise the caller I don't answer...I don't need a pistol to do that.
Old May 28th 2011, 6:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

The last time the Jehovah's Witnesses came by I answered the door in my underwear while holding a pistol (I had been asleep when they woke me up via knocking on the door).

I kindly informed them I had already had a religion and wished them a pleasant day before slamming the door. They didn't hesitate to turn around and leave.

At any rate, when you don't know who's at the door, it always pays to take your pistol with, especially if it was where it should be when you woke up, specifically right next to the bed, which is where I had it.
Do you like cats?
Old May 28th 2011, 6:32 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Never understood why you people have to have guns
Old May 28th 2011, 6:33 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Do you like cats?
Oh that is so tempting
Old May 28th 2011, 6:34 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

What's it like to be this frightened all the time?
Old May 28th 2011, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Ohio556 will become famous soon enoughOhio556 will become famous soon enough

Do you like cats?
I've always had at least several cats in my house all my life, why?

I presently have two cats in my house, there used to an outdoor/stray cat that I would feed on a regular basis but he had some sort of infection and died. If he would have let me get close enough to him to pick him up I'd taken him to the vet, but he was feral and paranoid. He would run if you were near him, but he'd come back and eat the food after you walked a few steps away.
Old May 28th 2011, 6:35 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Really? They once knocked on my door when I lived in England (the previous owner of the house used to invite them in for tea and a chat)...I told them I wasn't interested and not to come back. They turned around and left...they didn't return.

I just don't think it had anything to do with me not holding a gun.

I have a camera and intercom...so I can see and hear who is at my door. If I don't recognise the caller I don't answer...I don't need a pistol to do that.

I answer the door the whole time, and amazingly it's almost never a crazed axe murderer.
Old May 28th 2011, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
What's it like to be this frightened all the time?

I'll get back to you on that someday if I ever wind up frightened all the time.

What do I have to be afraid of? The only thing I don't have a caliber for is an charging elephant and I could probably get by with dropping one with a 30'06 or a 7.62x54R but it wouldn't be my first choice.

Fortunately I don't live in Kenya or Tanzania so the odds of a charging elephant are very minimal...
Old May 28th 2011, 6:37 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Do you like cats?
I'm not sure even Chartreuse ever admitted to the level of man-firearm intimacy that's implied by that post.

Last edited by elfman; May 28th 2011 at 6:39 pm.
Old May 28th 2011, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I answer the door the whole time, and amazingly it's almost never a crazed axe murderer.

Well maybe someday you'll beat the odds...

If it happens in the USA the axe-man will receive a needle, if it happens in say the UK, he'll probably receive a taxpayer provided holiday to "find himself" on some retreat in rural Wales or Scotland where they'll make him attend a seminar that will teach him "alternative methods of conflict resolution" and "proper ways to express anger."
Old May 28th 2011, 6:38 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Those damned Jehovah Witnesses.
Old May 28th 2011, 6:38 pm

I'll get back to you on that someday if I ever wind up frightened all the time.

What do I have to be afraid of? The only thing I don't have a caliber for is an charging elephant and I could probably get by with dropping one with a 30'06 or a 7.62x54R but it wouldn't be my first choice.

Fortunately I don't live in Kenya or Tanzania so the odds of a charging elephant are very minimal...

So why can't you answer the front door without a gun then?
Old May 28th 2011, 6:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
I'm, not sure even Chertreuse ever admitted to the level of man-firearm intimacy that's implied by that post.

i think you're right.

Originally Posted by Leslie

Maybe the ones in Ohio are extremely fierce?
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Leslie
With their bloody smart clothing and polite manners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.