Firearms

Old May 28th 2011, 5:09 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Firearms

Someone has their knickers in a bunch...
Old May 28th 2011, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Ohio556 will become famous soon enoughOhio556 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tonrob
Someone has their knickers in a bunch...

I'm a man and that's neither funny nor polite.
Old May 28th 2011, 5:30 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
Someone with no sense of humour has their knickers in a bunch...
FTFY
Old May 28th 2011, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

I only laugh at things that are funny and I would only engage in a "ball busting" remark about underwear with somebody I had known for at least several months and was friendly with. I certainly wouldn't use such a remark in my first interaction with a new-comer on a forum.
Old May 28th 2011, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ohio556
I don't think that it was meant to be polite ...
Old May 28th 2011, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by md95065

Yeah, but I was trying to politely inform him about his impolite remark without venturing into impolite territory myself.

I could have told him where to shove his knickers but then I'd be almost as silly as him, wouldn't I?

Etiquette is just lost on some people, isn't it?
Old May 28th 2011, 5:44 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by md95065
In all honesty I didn't stop to consider whether it was polite or not. I simply had a genuinely good laugh and wanted to share that happy emotion.

I suppose it beats the usual "can I bring my electricals" and "how do I move money from A to B" I suppose...
Old May 28th 2011, 5:45 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

You are correct, sir.

He meant to point out that you had your panties in a bunch.
Old May 28th 2011, 5:46 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Etiquette is just lost on some people, isn't it?
Depends whose definition of ettiquette you're talking about. In BE forum ettiquette it's usually quite acceptable for people take the piss out of newcomers whose first posts are as pompous as yours were.
Old May 28th 2011, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by elfman
Depends whose definition of ettiquette you're talking about. In BE forum ettiquette it's usually quite acceptable for people take the piss out of newcomers whose first posts are as pompous as yours were.

Raising an issue about a man who is about to come to the USA with pistols that he thinks are A-OKAY just because they are old, that there may be serious legal implications under the National Firearms Act if one of his old pre-WW1 pistols just so happens to be a machine pistol, such as a broomhandle mauser, is certainly not pompous... It could very well save the man from at the least a headache with immigration and at the most a ten year prison sentence for an NFA violation.

Questioning somebody who obviously doesn't value the Constitution of my country about the wisdom of a piece of legislation he was lauding (legislation he probably knew nothing about), is certainly far from pompous.
Old May 28th 2011, 5:55 pm
A lion in your lap

Questioning somebody who obviously doesn't value the Constitution of my country about the wisdom of a piece of legislation he was lauding (legislation he probably knew nothing about), is certainly far from pompous.
Sooooo..... lauding the Brady bill = not valuing the entire constitution? Interesting logical leap.
Old May 28th 2011, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by elfman
Sooooo..... lauding the Brady bill = not valuing the entire constitution? Interesting logical leap.

If somebody were lauding a bill that severely curtailed the type, number, etc, of books people were able to obtain and read, in addition to prohibiting larges numbers of people from having access to books, and making it very difficult to obtain certain types of books, I doubt anybody would have an issue pointing out that they don't value freedom.

Now substitute the word "firearm" for the word "book" and tell me what the difference is. The Second Amendment is just as important as the First Amendment. Failure to appreciate the Second Amendment is basically the equivalent of trashing the entire Bill of Rights.

Some people get it and some people just don't get it.
Old May 28th 2011, 6:19 pm
MCROW

DeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really niceDeltaSierra70 is just really nice

I promised myself I wasn't ever posting here again, but someone is going to point out the subtle differences in how much easier it is to kill someone with one over the other. Might as well be me
Old May 28th 2011, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DeltaSierra70
I promised myself I wasn't ever posting here again, but someone is going to point out the subtle differences in how much easier it is to kill someone with one over the other. Might as well be me

Well what if the book in question deals with making explosives or dangerous chemical agents? Wouldn't such a book be potentially much more dangerous than a simple rifle?
Old May 28th 2011, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

The last time the Jehovah's Witnesses came by I answered the door in my underwear while holding a pistol (I had been asleep when they woke me up via knocking on the door).

I kindly informed them I had already had a religion and wished them a pleasant day before slamming the door. They didn't hesitate to turn around and leave.

I just don't think holding a phone-book would have had the same impact...

At any rate, when you don't know who's at the door, it always pays to take your pistol with, especially if it was where it should be when you woke up, specifically right next to the bed, which is where I had it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.