Firearms

Old May 31st 2011, 1:44 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Firearms

Originally Posted by Ohio556
I'm a man and that's neither funny nor polite.

You don't wear knickers? I thought ladies wore bloomers.

Don't think the sprout was attempting to be humorous and there is nothing impolite with his opinion. Sounds like he hit it square on the head.
Old May 31st 2011, 1:55 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I have been after this pistol from Rossi for 10 months ..stil not available

Old May 31st 2011, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Ohio556 will become famous soon enoughOhio556 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bob

Much more likely to get stabbed before you get a chance to pull out the gun, unsafety and aim it properly unless you've been in these high stress situations. But you've now showed your intent, so you will more than likely just get stabbed or shot rather than left alone.

Oh really, then I suppose you have a lot of news articles or studies to back up your view...

There are plenty of drills and techniques for dealing with a knife armed opponent, many of which involve grappling techniques to create distance/time to draw a weapon or to disarm the knife armed opponent. There are also movement techniques to create distance to draw a weapon.

One guy in my area had a thug stick a knife to his back when he was at the ATM and the thug demanded he make a withdrawal for him, he demanded his wallet, all of his cash, then he saw his truck parked nearby, he demanded the keys, then he said, "thanks" (after receiving the keys) and stuck the knife in the guy's stomach. The guy shoved the knife armed thug back and drew a pistol, at which time the knife armed thug dropped the knife and began pleading for his life as the guy who had just been stabbed ordered the maniac on the ground.

I guess in your world the news article would have ended with the man being repeatedly stabbed in the stomach, chest, throat, etc, and police having to hunt for a killer...

The man cooperated fully and received a knife in the stomach for it...

Another man was jumped by some thugs who robbed him, they were less than thrilled he only had $20 dollars in his wallet, so they shot him dead...

A Marine home from Afghanistan was robbed at gunpoint, the criminals said they were targeting servicemen because they realize that servicemen are highly unlikely to be armed, and he was shot dead after the criminal made some remark about how pathetic it was he only had $6 dollars in his wallet.

Another man was robbed at gunpoint and he gave up his wallet, the criminal then said, "here you go, pay the hood tax" and shot him in the stomach.

I guarantee you, if somebody pulls a knife on me it is the last thing they're ever going to do... There's several different paths things may take as to the specifics of how it will end, but all roads will converge at the same ending, they're done.
Old May 31st 2011, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bob
If someone cold cocks the back of your head coming up from behind, how useful is that gun to you?

Well I have a friend who was hit by a chair and he was able to continue fighting, I have another friend who was hit with a baseball bat and he was able to continue fighting...

Maybe you watch a lot of movies and you think that everybody always responds the exact way to being hit... Somebody growing up watching nothing but movies or TV, especially British TV, might think that an open palm chop/slap to the back is going to instantly knock somebody out, but that's not how reality works.
Old May 31st 2011, 2:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Ohio556...what sort of neighbourhood do you and your friends live in/frequent? Or is it all a figment of your imagination? It sounds like something out of a Bruce Willis movie...complete with special effects.
Old May 31st 2011, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Ohio556...what sort of neighbourhood do you and your friends live in/frequent? Or is it all a figment of your imagination? It sounds like something out of a Bruce Willis movie...complete with special effects.

Unfortunately reality is less funny than you'd prefer it to be.

When a man cannot walk down the street without being shot dead by robbers, you want to laugh about it and equate it to a movie.

http://prairiepundit.blogspot.com/20...cleveland.html

Monday, June 02, 2008
Marine murdered in Cleveland
AP/Houston Chronicle:

On leave from the violence he had survived in the war in Iraq, a young Marine was so wary of crime on the streets of his own home town that he carried only $8 to avoid becoming a robbery target.

Despite his caution, Lance Cpl. Robert Crutchfield, 21, was shot point-blank in the neck during a robbery at a bus stop. Feeding and breathing tubes kept him alive 4½ months, until he died of an infection on May 18.

Two men have been charged in the attack, and Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Bill Mason said Friday the case was under review to decide whether to seek the death penalty.

"It is an awful story," said Alberta Holt, the young Marine's aunt and his legal guardian when he was a teenager determined to flee a troubled Cleveland school for safer surroundings in the suburbs.

Crutchfield was attacked on Jan. 5 while he and his girlfriend were waiting for a bus. He had heeded the warnings of commanders that a Marine on leave might be seen as a prime robbery target with a pocketful of money, so he only carried $8, his military ID card and a bank card.

"They took it, turned his pockets inside out, took what he had and told him since he was a Marine and didn't have any money he didn't deserve to live. They put the gun to his neck and shot him," Holt said.

The two men charged in the attack were identified as Ean Farrow, 19, and Thomas Ray III, 20, both of Cleveland. Their attorneys did not respond to requests for comment.
Old May 31st 2011, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl

There's no such thing as a "bad neighborhood" or a "bad area" there are bad people and bad people can move around, indeed they often do move around. Crime is down in Detroit but up in the suburbs around that city because the police theorize most everything worth stealing has been stolen in Detroit, so now they drive 5-15 miles down the road to engage in criminal activities...

Granted when a whole lot of bad people stay put in an area, the area is dangerous, but bad people are not confined to one area or another area, they move around as they see fit.
Old May 31st 2011, 2:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ohio556
There's no such thing as a "bad neighborhood" or a "bad area" there are bad people and bad people can move around, indeed they often do move around. Crime is down in Detroit but up in the suburbs around that city because the police theorize most everything worth stealing has been stolen in Detroit, so now they drive 5-15 miles down the road to engage in criminal activities...

Granted when a whole lot of bad people stay put in an area, the area is dangerous, but bad people are not confined to one area or another area, they move around as they see fit.
Well doesn't that make it a "bad area"
Old May 31st 2011, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Well doesn't that make it a "bad area"

Only in so much that they tend to congregate/reside there... I am simply saying that refraining from going into such an area does not guarantee safety, as the "bad people" who make the "bad area" possible, can easily drive down the road into your "nice area" and victimize you or attempt to victimize you.
Old May 31st 2011, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 31st 2011, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

I suggest you read over your own graphic... A lot of that applies to you...

No matter how much data is shown that concealed carry leads to major drops in violent crime, the authoritarian nanny-state types will always insist "that isn't logical, blah, blah, blah... Guns are bad, blah, blah, blah..."

God Himself could come down from heaven and encourage people to arm themselves (indeed He did- Luke 22:36) and in addition to shouting, "that can't be, you don't exist! You can't exist! I'm an atheist and I can't be wrong!" they would shout, "weapons are bad!"
Old May 31st 2011, 3:13 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

WTH?

Ohio, this group is not here for you to abuse and pontificate. I thought I made it clear that insults don't belong here and yet look at the way you opened the discussion today.

Whatever your TLDR babble is, I didn't read it and I'm sure it is nothing to do with anything that has been discussed.

This thread is closed and this is my last request to you to post within the site rules.