Extreme Couponing

Old Apr 28th 2011, 2:42 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extreme Couponing

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Thanks for the explanation -- as you can see I'm no maths genius! Actually, last night I saw one where the woman appeared to be snagging newspapers from driveways, unless in my soundless world that wasn't what was happening. However, in every episode I've seen, not one person has bought any fresh fruit or veggies! I guess seeing people actually have to spend money at the store isn't the object of the show.
Speaking of though, the new Target Superstore that opened up in the neighbouring town, got sent coupons for a free bag of apples and carrots and coupon for half off a bag of grapes.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 2:44 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

This guy is an absolute legend when it comes to this kind of thing, and is my personal hero.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_P..._(entrepreneur)

AKA - "The Pudding Guy"
Old Apr 28th 2011, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

OK, so I am going to sound like I work on commision from Safeway (which I dont), but they did have an offer last year where if you bought $10 of produce you got another $5 free, so that was free fruit and veg, and they also do very good deals on meat and fish. I`ve found I can save on fish by buying their frozen fish (tuna and swordfish) over paying four times as much for the fresh fish at Wholefoods.
Coupons can be a pain,but are good for staples, but it pays to keep your eyes open for special offers in your supermarket especially if you use a loyalty card and check the store bulletins for coupons.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 3:03 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jemima55
...I`ve found I can save on fish by buying their frozen fish (tuna and swordfish) over paying four times as much for the fresh fish at Wholefoods....
You can save a bigger fortune by not shopping at Whole Pay Cheque

Would love to be able to afford doing the regular grocery shop there though for a lot of things, but it's just to expensive for anything but special treats
Old Apr 28th 2011, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Yes, Bob, you are absolutely right! I`m going to put in my four penn`orth though! Wholefoods is the cheapest place I`ve found for olive oil (own brand), and World Market is the cheapest for coffee beans.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 4:28 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Yes, Bob, you are absolutely right! I`m going to put in my four penn`orth though! Wholefoods is the cheapest place I`ve found for olive oil (own brand), and World Market is the cheapest for coffee beans.
The olive oil is pretty good!

Trader Joes aren't to bad though and their coffee beans are pretty good too, the Average Joe, nothing spectacular but makes a good breakfast coffee, the Ethiopian stuff is great though

Hmmm...I miss living up the road from a Trader Joes, used to shop a lot there, but now, I can't be arsed to go 20 miles in either direction
Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:24 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I suppose 'Extreme Thriftiness' didn't quite have the ring to it that TLC were looking for.
I offered them my contribution of 'Cheapassity' but they weren't interested.

You should meet Mister "Costco".
Old Apr 28th 2011, 3:13 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
I offered them my contribution of 'Cheapassity' but they weren't interested.
They wouldn't know a good title if it bit them on the bum, would they?