Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

England too Expensive?

England too Expensive?

Old Feb 17th 2009, 1:50 pm
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: England too Expensive?

Originally Posted by sans
... bought 2 5lb bags of spuds for a £1...Now i call that as cheap as chips
Only if you're making 5lbs of chips out of them though
Old Feb 17th 2009, 2:05 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishinfl
Only if you're making 5lbs of chips out of them though
With 2 pre-teens its cheap.....I dont know about anywhere else, but its certainly cheaper then the local chippy...you carn't get 6 peneth of chips and a bag of scraps anymore
Old Feb 17th 2009, 2:24 pm
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

...you carn't get 6 peneth of chips and a bag of scraps anymore
I never had that, in fact I don't think I ever heard that expression before! If anyone was ever selling chips for 6p a portion then I'd have been sure to have heard about it. Must be a Northern thing eh?
Old Feb 17th 2009, 2:33 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishinfl
I never had that, in fact I don't think I ever heard that expression before! If anyone was ever selling chips for 6p a portion then I'd have been sure to have heard about it. Must be a Northern thing eh?
Must be...so have you heard of thrupence haypney ( probably spelt it wrong ) but i'm sure you 'll get the gist
Old Feb 17th 2009, 5:09 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

With 2 pre-teens its cheap.....I dont know about anywhere else, but its certainly cheaper then the local chippy...you carn't get 6 peneth of chips and a bag of scraps anymore
What`s peneth and scraps?
Old Feb 17th 2009, 5:56 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
What`s peneth and scraps?
peneth is penny's and scraps are the crispy bits that fall off the battered fish whilst its frying In the olden days lols we use to be able to buy a bag of chips for sixpence and i dont know whether it was just a Lincolnshire thing or not......But granny use to send us to the chipy for 6 peneth of chips and a bag of scraps, which are free...........
Old Feb 17th 2009, 5:58 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

peneth is penny's and scraps are the crispy bits that fall off the battered fish whilst its frying In the olden days lols we use to be able to buy a bag of chips for sixpence and i dont know whether it was just a Lincolnshire thing or not......But granny use to send us to the chipy for 6 peneth of chips and a bag of scraps, which are free...........
Don`t you know you`re heading for a heart attack eating this stuff?
Old Feb 17th 2009, 6:06 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Don`t you know you`re heading for a heart attack eating this stuff?
Awe!! Jewels haha.....you care Its dam good tho, expecially with proper mushy peas/salt and vinegar
Old Feb 17th 2009, 6:09 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Awe!! Jewels haha.....you care Its dam good tho, expecially with proper mushy peas/salt and vinegar
I actually feel like throwing up at the thought of eating this.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 6:22 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

I actually feel like throwing up at the thought of eating this.
All i can say is you haven't lived lols So what is on your menu???
Old Feb 17th 2009, 6:36 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

All i can say is you haven't lived lols So what is on your menu???
Boring old mixed salad tonight but very healthy, supermarket day hasn`t arrived yet. By the way, you Brits do have some strange eating habits here in Spain. For example I can go to a predominantly Brit area at around say 11.00-12.00 am and find that due to the current economic crisis, that they have combined breakfast with lunch, the end result is normally 3 eggs, 6 rashes of bacon, 3 sausages, baked beans, fried tomatoes, several hash browns, toast and something rather inedible called black pudding..........Its amazing how they fit it all on one plate but its even more amazing how they fit it in their stomachs
Old Feb 17th 2009, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Now thats a real pet hate of mine.Full english in a foreign country?Classy hey?haha
Old Feb 17th 2009, 6:57 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by livinginreality
Now thats a real pet hate of mine.Full english in a foreign country?Classy hey?haha
At least its food you can trust and none of that suspect foreign stuff
Old Feb 17th 2009, 7:27 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

At least its food you can trust and none of that suspect foreign stuff
Do you know when ever i have been on holiday....Usually Spain or one of the Spanish isle, i always get a craving for bangers and mash
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:02 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

Boring old mixed salad tonight but very healthy, supermarket day hasn`t arrived yet. By the way, you Brits do have some strange eating habits here in Spain. For example I can go to a predominantly Brit area at around say 11.00-12.00 am and find that due to the current economic crisis, that they have combined breakfast with lunch, the end result is normally 3 eggs, 6 rashes of bacon, 3 sausages, baked beans, fried tomatoes, several hash browns, toast and something rather inedible called black pudding..........Its amazing how they fit it all on one plate but its even more amazing how they fit it in their stomachs
Oh no. This is where I refer to my French roots and swear blind I'm not English.
Has anyone ever witnessed the queue of Brits climbing onto the ferry Dover to Calais?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.