Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Eating habits of Americans

Eating habits of Americans

Old Mar 19th 2008, 5:44 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eating habits of Americans

Originally Posted by GMM2003
Whatever. I see the English Police is out (which I fed up with in England, I found it to be way too pompous and arrogant IMHO)!!!!! And I am an American in America and I call it a napkin if I want!!!!!

napkin,napkin,napkin,napkin,napkin,napkin,napkin,n apkin,napkin,napkin,napkin,napkin,napkin,napkin,
napkin,napkin,napkin,napkin,napkin,napkin,napkin,n apkin,napkin,napkin,napkin,napkin,napkin,napkin,
napkin,napkin,napkin,napkin!!!!!!!
I'll try to remember to use smilies.

It was a joke in our house when my mother was visiting, my three little girls were highly amused that a diaper was a napkin and a napkin was a serviette.

Actually, serviette is lower class, the upper classes call it a napkin, so you yanks must all be posh. So there.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 5:45 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zargof
When my Dad came over to visit he tried to eat a hard taco with a knife and fork, which my wife found very amusing...
bless and mine would have attempted to do the same
Old Mar 19th 2008, 6:35 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
I'll try to remember to use smilies.

It was a joke in our house when my mother was visiting, my three little girls were highly amused that a diaper was a napkin and a napkin was a serviette.

Actually, serviette is lower class, the upper classes call it a napkin, so you yanks must all be posh. So there.
and here I thought it was the other way around-serviette being the European posh name.

Me, I just say, "Lookey here hand me one of them paper towels will ya."
Old Mar 19th 2008, 6:38 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
and here I thought it was the other way around-serviette being the European posh name.

Is that the Yankee you, or the Redneck you?

And were talking English, not European, thank you.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 6:39 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

That's the living in GA 15 years me,

My Dad, btw ALWAYS insisted on a proper linen napkin for dinner.

Last edited by cindyabs; Mar 19th 2008 at 6:47 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
We have two modes in my house.
(a) My wife and I are both home. We lay the table, put out lots of food, eat, drink, make conversation.. then tackle the major clean-up we've created.
(b) I'm home alone. I open a can of tuna and eat it with a teaspoon, over the sink. I'm done in 4 minutes, and all there is to wash is the spoon.
Right there with you, my brother!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

How about the cake eating habits of the Brits!! Served on a napkin eaten with fingers!!!
What are you talking about?
Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:09 pm
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
not to be confused with sucking up a square of jello only using your mouth!!
That takes talent.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:10 pm
Sursum corda

And were talking English, not European, thank you.
I said European because that was what it was called in Germany (the first country I was in o'seas) which I thought was odd since it was a French word.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:17 pm

GMM2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
The American habit of eating cake.

The British way is to serve it on a napkin and eat it with the fingers, like the way a bride and groom would eat it at their wedding.

Last edited by GMM2003; Mar 19th 2008 at 7:29 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:23 pm
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Unless there are visiting dignitaries, we just use the cat.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The opposite of using a plate and a fork!!!!!

http://images.jupiterimages.com/comm...5/23233546.jpg
That's how I normally eat cake and so does everyone I know...not from a napkin.

What's with all the !!!!!!!!?
Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:25 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever. I see the English Police is out (which I fed up with in England, I found it to be way too pompous and arrogant IMHO)!!!!! And I am an American in America and I call it a napkin if I want!!!!!

napkin,napkin,napkin,napkin!!!!!!!

It is serviette, serviette, serviette ..... so said my non-British Canadian/American hsuband. And I thougth serviette was French.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:27 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew
I'm all about paper plates, eating with a spork if possible, and standing over the sink if I can't be arsed to sit at the dining table.
I generally stand against the wall and my man throws the food at my face. Anything that lands in my mouth I get to keep.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Xebedee
Unless there are visiting dignitaries, we just use the cat.

I use my jeans

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.