Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Do you play your state lottery?

Wikiposts

Do you play your state lottery?

Old Jun 9th 2008, 8:32 pm
Banned

GoldenGate is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do you play your state lottery?

The IRS won't know, if I don't tell them!
Old Jun 10th 2008, 7:22 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GoldenGate
The IRS won't know, if I don't tell them!
that's true, but if your an expat, it might not be worth the hassle of trying to fraud the irs..if your a citizen, go for it I say
Old Jun 10th 2008, 8:59 pm
Banned

There are two disadvantages of US lotteries, one is the taxation. Somebody wins a jackpot or lump sum and the government wants in on the action. UK lottery prizes are not taxed. The other is anonymity, the UK lottery allows winners to remain anonymous, most US state lotteries do not.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 5:55 pm
Banned

After 13 years of giving of herself as a neonatal intensive care nurse, it was Emilia Delgado's turn to receive when she won the $34.1 million Powerball jackpot from the May 31 drawing.

Ms. Delgado's win marked the third Powerball jackpot won in Louisiana in just the last eight months.

The 45-year-old Kenner resident said she is a regular Lottery player.

While taking her mother to a doctor's appointment, Delgado said she stopped for "less expensive" gas at Brothers Food Mart #115 on Terry Parkway in Gretna. With the gas, she also purchased the Powerball quick-pick ticket that netted her the jackpot.

Brothers Food Mart will receive a one-time bonus of $25,000 for selling the winning ticket.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 5:56 pm
Banned

I bet Emilia has no regrets!
Old Jun 15th 2008, 8:56 pm
Banned

Do you play Massachusetts lottery games?

Which games do you play? Do you play from out of state? How much luck have you had?

I play Mass Cash, Megabucks and Cash Windfall, one game of each, via my home address in California. The send the subscription tickets via courier, they charge for that. I have only won a few small prizes so far, buy, you never know and it's a bit of fun; and the people of Massachusetts win with extra revenue.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 9:33 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Closed, because this is just repeated bit of spammy spam really.