Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Do you play your state lottery?

Do you play your state lottery?

Old May 23rd 2008, 4:30 am
Banned

GoldenGate is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do you play your state lottery?

I agree with state lotteries, as they raise million for local and state governments. Some claim it encourages gambling, but some people will gamble and it is far better to harness the revenue for worthwhile projects. Some claim it's a form of taxation, but what is wrong with voluntary taxation?
Old May 23rd 2008, 11:57 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you play your state lottery?

No.
Old May 23rd 2008, 12:21 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
No.
I throw my $5 in the bin ..cuts out the middle man

The day you actually get the big Prize ..then maybe

i.e. win $10mill....get $4 mill
Old May 23rd 2008, 1:40 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

when i remember. I wish i could do it online or by subscription like i used to in the uk.
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:09 pm
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GoldenGate
I agree with state lotteries, as they raise million for local and state governments. Some claim it encourages gambling, but some people will gamble and it is far better to harness the revenue for worthwhile projects. Some claim it's a form of taxation, but what is wrong with voluntary taxation?
I am a ludite and therefore don't believe in gambling.
Old May 24th 2008, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

State lottery's a ****** con

The odds of a roll over in real terms are far less likely than someone actually getting the correct numbers, there should only be a rollover about twice a year. I notice that the rollovers carry on here till the jackpot gets big enough for more to buy tickets. Most of the money goes to the state, who then tax you vast amounts on your winnings ... ****** GREEDY BASTARDS

I do not do the lottery here and never will

Have you forgotten how rare a roll over is in the UK ?
Old May 24th 2008, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Whats with the stars ?????

we can't even say F E C K I N now
Old May 24th 2008, 4:58 am
Banned

You can play the UK lottery online, I still do, but you need a UK address and bank account.
Old May 24th 2008, 5:16 am
Banned

For me playing lotteries is not primarily about wining; that would be an added bonus. The Massachusetts Lottery revenues are distributed to the cities and towns of the state. That is something the UK should consider; some of the money raised by the National Lottery could be allocated to local government. Lotteries are great way the help communities and good causes.

The Massachusetts Lottery, unlike other state lotteries, allows out of state residence to participate; it is a bit of fun and you might win a jackpot. I play by subscription from California, it's only $100 for a year, plus shipping; they send the ticket by courier, not by USPS. What's the worst that can happen? I lose my $100, so what? $100 will not make me or break me! I could win a jackpot, or substantial prize. Either way, the good people of Massachusetts will benefit.
Old May 24th 2008, 6:36 am

thinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond repute

"you have to be in it, to win it"
so we are told . . .
Old May 24th 2008, 1:04 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

You can play the UK lottery online, I still do, but you need a UK address and bank account.
however it against the uk lottery rules to play whilst living in the us and if they can find out they wont pay you. I stopped mine in the end as i figured it would be better to not win - than to win and not actually get the results.

(and yes i know small sums are paid into your account but the big prizes we would all like to win are not going to be handled like that)
Old May 24th 2008, 1:06 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
however it against the uk lottery rules to play whilst living in the us and if they can find out they wont pay you. I stopped mine in the end as i figured it would be better to not win - than to win and not actually get the results.

(and yes i know small sums are paid into your account but the big prizes we would all like to win are not going to be handled like that)
You right ..this came up before ..
Old May 24th 2008, 8:41 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

It's rubbish, $5 a ticket, tax taken out of the winnings as well as the ticket, your having a laugh.

The money doesn't get spent on anything worth while either, greedy gits.
Old May 24th 2008, 8:48 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Either way, the good people of Massachusetts will benefit.
The good people, your having a laugh....they get the shaft.

Most lotteries allow out of staters to get a ticket, they don't bother to advertise if a winning ticket hasn't been claimed though and there's loads of small print involved. It's just a rubbish scam and nothing to do with gambling.

Whilst I'm having a rant, wtf is wrong with Mass and the drink laws? Not being allowed to buy booze on public holidays? so if you haven't gotten your booze for the long weekend partying, your SOL till Tuesday pretty much.
Old May 24th 2008, 9:54 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Alabama is MUCH too moral of a state to allow such things as lottery.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.