Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Cure For Homesickness?

Cure For Homesickness?

Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cure For Homesickness?

Hi folks!!

Happy New Year.

just thought I'd resurrect this thread. So have I been cured of homesickness? Well I guess so, if deciding to move back to Northern Ireland is what you would call a cure

We had a great time and luckily my OH and I both agree that we don't really belong in Canada. Northern Ireland and the UK is where we feel most at home. It's not perfect but it's home. It's going to take a lot of planning to get things organised but at least we can start making plans now. I must say I'm scared to death in some ways but it's all part of life's adventure.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:30 am
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Hi folks!!

Happy New Year.

just thought I'd resurrect this thread. So have I been cured of homesickness? Well I guess so, if deciding to move back to Northern Ireland is what you would call a cure

We had a great time and luckily my OH and I both agree that we don't really belong in Canada. Northern Ireland and the UK is where we feel most at home. It's not perfect but it's home. It's going to take a lot of planning to get things organised but at least we can start making plans now. I must say I'm scared to death in some ways but it's all part of life's adventure.
Of course it's a cure, it's the best one out there! Your plans to go back will keep you nice and busy so the time will fly by. All the best!
Old Jan 4th 2008, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katesbackagain
Of course it's a cure, it's the best one out there! Your plans to go back will keep you nice and busy so the time will fly by. All the best!
Thanks Kate! My head is spinning already. The first big worry is getting the house (that we only bought a year and a half ago) ready to sell and I'm now looking around at our stuff and thinking what's worth keeping and what we should get rid off. Still not sure if we'll be able to leave this year or next I just wish I had a magic wand! Also not sure if I should wait for Citizenship. I'm sure things will slowly start to make sense.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 8:13 am
Banned

guest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really nice

Thanks Kate! My head is spinning already. The first big worry is getting the house (that we only bought a year and a half ago) ready to sell and I'm now looking around at our stuff and thinking what's worth keeping and what we should get rid off. Still not sure if we'll be able to leave this year or next I just wish I had a magic wand! Also not sure if I should wait for Citizenship. I'm sure things will slowly start to make sense.
have a click

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=e-kRmWO8up4
Old Jan 4th 2008, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Also not sure if I should wait for Citizenship. I'm sure things will slowly start to make sense.

Elaine - how far off citizenship would you be? I know you've been in Canada a while - if a move is possible in the next year or so, would you be inconvenienced a lot by getting citizenship? I know how you feel about the place generally - but I also listen to every advisor and his dog on this forum, and nearly everyone always says 'hang on for citizenship if you can' !!

Who know where life might take you in 10 years time

Glad you are 'cured' anyway
Old Jan 4th 2008, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ann m
Elaine - how far off citizenship would you be? I know you've been in Canada a while - if a move is possible in the next year or so, would you be inconvenienced a lot by getting citizenship? I know how you feel about the place generally - but I also listen to every advisor and his dog on this forum, and nearly everyone always says 'hang on for citizenship if you can' !!

Who know where life might take you in 10 years time

Glad you are 'cured' anyway
Hi Ann

I just applied in October (after listening to advice from BE members) from what I hear it should take about a year. So I guess the wise thing to do would be to wait. Also now that there is a way out I don't feel too miserable about having to stay here a little longer a few months ago I just wanted to get on the next plane to Belfast.