Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Old Apr 18th 2021, 1:09 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Originally Posted by OldJuddian
I was very impressed with Kaiser in PNW, I didn't even feel the Pfizer injection so easier than the flu jab. Arm a little aching now, this is #1, and #2 appointment was automatically booked for 3 weeks, same place & time.
The setup in their Renton admin building was great, from the greater, check-in, injection and recovery area. I must have spent less than 20min in the building which includes the 15min recovery. Everyone was kind, professional, and super-efficient.
Kaiser LAMC has it together. On my medical record they entered not only Moderna #2 which they administered, but also info on #1 from LA City Dodger Stadium site.
Old Apr 18th 2021, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
The last case was diagnosed in 1977, and it was declared eradicated in 1980, all due to worldwide blanket vaccination.

So people aren't vaccinated against it any more.
Which shows why it's important to get vaccinated. Many diseases have been virtually eliminated because of vaccines. I had one of the early polio vaccines in my teens.

Old Apr 18th 2021, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Ended up with no more than a sore arm after my second Moderna.
Old Apr 18th 2021, 11:57 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
That makes standing in the alley holding a beer a bit more pleasant.
Old Apr 19th 2021, 12:45 am
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

Second Pfizer Friday, slept much of Saturday afternoon. Ready for bed 8:30 Sunday - not my usual alertness level.

Still, I'll take it over the alternatives.
Old Apr 19th 2021, 3:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnwoo
Which shows why it's important to get vaccinated. Many diseases have been virtually eliminated because of vaccines. I had one of the early polio vaccines in my teens.

My mother spent months in an iron lung when she contracted Polio in 1950 while she was pregnant with my sister. It left her paralyzed on her left side and her spine was so weak she could not stand upright without aid. Amazingly through her months of treatment she delivered a healthy baby. I was born 4 years later and as I grew up my mother found ways of taking care of her large brood of kids ( there were 7 of us) with her disabilities and without any outside help. As she got older her spine became weaker and eventually she became confined to a wheelchair. She was a brave courageous lady and I miss her

Old Apr 19th 2021, 4:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
My mother spent months in an iron lung when she contracted Polio in 1950 while she was pregnant with my sister. It left her paralyzed on her left side and her spine was so weak she could not stand upright without aid. Amazingly through her months of treatment she delivered a healthy baby. I was born 4 years later and as I grew up my mother found ways of taking care of her large brood of kids ( there were 7 of us) with her disabilities and without any outside help. As she got older her spine became weaker and eventually she became confined to a wheelchair. She was a brave courageous lady and I miss her
Amazing. Inspired by these posts, I looked up iron lungs, and this is a recent article that features that very photo. Interestingly, while 'recent', the article is pre-covid!

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...olio-iron-lung

I cared for polio patients in iron lungs, and I’m sick of anti-vaxxers

Last edited by Steerpike; Apr 19th 2021 at 4:23 am.
Old Apr 19th 2021, 8:27 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
In the end, I had Pfizer #2 on Saturday ... and same thing, just a sore arm and nothing else in terms of side-effects.

It is interesting to hear of everyone else's experiences with this vaccine and its effects.
Old Apr 19th 2021, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

2nd Pfizer last Friday, made my arm hurt more than first one, also couldn't keep my eyes open by Saturday afternoon.
Better Sunday .
Nearly 100% Monday.
A very small price to pay I feel.
Old Apr 20th 2021, 2:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

If all goes well, I will get Astra Zeneca on Wed, first dose anyhow, 2nd dose will occur sometime in August most likely.
Old Apr 20th 2021, 3:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
If all goes well, I will get Astra Zeneca on Wed, first dose anyhow, 2nd dose will occur sometime in August most likely.
Yeay for you!!!!!
Old Apr 20th 2021, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Yeay for you!!!!!
My wife and I got our pfizer shots at John Muir Hosp, Walnut Creek Feb & March. No lines no wait time.
Old Apr 21st 2021, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Pleasantly surprised after my second Moderna shot last week that all I got was a sore arm for a few days, was certainly expecting to get a bit ill!

Happy to be done, for now...
Old Apr 21st 2021, 9:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Yeay for you!!!!!
Got it today. One of the least painful vaccines I have gotten, but arm is now a tad sore a couple hours later, and I am really tired, otherwise so far so good.

Day 3 to 14 is apparently the highest risk for blood clots, the government provided a nifty list of things to look for and identify blood clot signs and symptoms.

Old Apr 21st 2021, 10:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Got it today. One of the least painful vaccines I have gotten, but arm is now a tad sore a couple hours later, and I am really tired, otherwise so far so good.

Day 3 to 14 is apparently the highest risk for blood clots, the government provided a nifty list of things to look for and identify blood clot signs and symptoms.
That’s great.

Which vaccine did you get J?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.