Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

Old Jul 29th 2021, 11:00 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid-19 Vaccination -- Have You Gotten It?

I still wear a mask inside in public spaces, and try and use a N95 mask as that offers protection both ways. The N95/KN95 masks seem to be readily available on Amazon now. I have bad allergies and don't fancy taking a chance with breathing problems.
Old Jul 29th 2021, 11:13 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

No mask. The CDC are a clown car, dashing around with a honky horn and the doors falling off.

Numbers are climbing, but getting the people (who listened to them last time and got vaxxed) to put masks on isn’t going to fix anything when the people who ignored them last time and DIDNT get vaxxed won’t listen to them this time either.

if 50% of the population in (mostly red) states have some sort of death wish, that’s on them and I wish them well with it. I object most strongly to the CDC dragging my life back off track instead of concentrating on dealing with the underlying issue that is the terminally stupid.

Old Jul 29th 2021, 11:43 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Nutek here, though not nearly as impressively vitriolic (at least not outwardly).

I mentioned it in one of the other covid threads, but I did my bit. I took one for the team for a year and put my bloody mask on, and I still do that in medical buildings but most importantly, and what I thought the whole of the last 18 months was supposed to be leading up to, I got my full vaccination dose the second I became eligible to do so.

I shouldn't have to effectively be punished for the ignorance of others. And shame on anyone who is putting out anti-vax propaganda to keep this going. Congratulations, YOU are the reason we have to keep taking steps backwards, YOU are what's stopping everything getting back to normal. Every job lost, every infection passed on is on your hands. Especially when so many other countries around the world, like India, are scrambling trying to get everyone vaxxed, you sit there in your first world ivory tower of privilege, in the richest country in the world and lie openly about the safety of a vaccine that is the second most effective ever produced, after measles.

No. For me I'm done until our fat turd of a governor makes it state law again. No mask unless the building in entering requires it. Masks don't stop me getting infected anyway, the chances I will actually be carrying it are near enough zero and if I do get anti-vaxxer sick, I consider that Darwinism in action.

Plus there's about 3 people per square mile up here, it's not like I'm ever in a situation where I'm packed in like a sardine.
Old Jul 29th 2021, 11:49 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

I do admit to being ever so slightly miffed.
Old Jul 29th 2021, 11:54 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
I do admit to being ever so slightly miffed.
Just a little bit put out, old bean?
Old Jul 30th 2021, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Just a little bit put out, old bean?
Its all a little perturbing.
Old Jul 30th 2021, 12:13 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Nutek
Its all a little perturbing.
Indubitably.
Old Jul 30th 2021, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Indubitably.
if it was a Monocle mandate I could be more flexible.
Old Jul 30th 2021, 12:31 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Derrygal
Apparently now even the vaccinated can possibly be carriers of Covid and that is what made me nervous.
That's not a change, it was always thought that would happen. It's been a part of the criticism of places that have done away with all restrictions and requirements meaning that while the vaxxed would be protected they could still spread the virus, potentially leading to more variants.
Old Jul 30th 2021, 12:44 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

I got vaxxed in April. I have been self isolating aka work from home for 15 months. i only go out to the walgreens, publix and liqour store and I wear a mask then. I am lucky not to have worn a mask much at all so i am not as jaded as some.

Last week I was told I am due to return to office early Sept. The office has about 40 ppl now vs 15 when I left. (only 2 of us were token wfh people).
I am slightly concerned my general immune system might be weakened from the isolation and I am nervous about all the new ppl that I don't know there now.
That said as of today the return to work might change given the delta surge.
Old Jul 30th 2021, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

postbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond repute

I had the world's worst cold this week (confirmed not covid with multiple tests). I can only assume because my immune system is not used to seeing people this much (i.e. going into the office 2-3days a week, subway, meeting friends etc). Don't think masks are the answer though, maybe $100 is
Old Jul 31st 2021, 12:22 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 31st 2021, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to everyone for responding to my comments/question regarding wearing a mask indoors even though we have all been vaccinated. I truly thought I was done with masks! As I mentioned, it is only because I have an 8 year old asthmatic grandson and I worry about him.
As for all the comments regarding the anti-vaxxers - I have no time for them. They are stupid, ignorant, arrogant (think they know better than the medical profession/scientists) and IMHO, very selfish. Selfish because they don't care about others and are putting such a strain on health care workers when they end up in the hospital with Covid when it was avoidable.
Old Jul 31st 2021, 1:11 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by postbox134
I had the world's worst cold this week (confirmed not covid with multiple tests). I can only assume because my immune system is not used to seeing people this much (i.e. going into the office 2-3days a week, subway, meeting friends etc). Don't think masks are the answer though, maybe $100 is
I think we’ll be seeing a lot of this over the next few months, high level of colds and flu. The flu season was apparently virtually completely absent 2020-21, probably because of isolating, social distancing etc. Maybe really bad flu this winter?

I had a really weird illness about three weeks ago, it lasted four days. NO cough, sore throat, runny nose etc was involved. I had mild nausea/dizziness - the feeling that you need to get back to bed, then you’ll feel OK. Extreme tiredness. Almost total loss of appetite. Bad headache, 24/7 … the type of headache that’s really bad when you move your eyeballs. Feverish feeling, and vivid dreams, at night (although temperature was normal each time I checked.)

Could have been mild flu I suppose, or possibly one of the tick-borne diseases. Of which there are several I believe. As soon as I got better my desire to go to the doctor receded.
Old Jul 31st 2021, 1:59 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
I think we’ll be seeing a lot of this over the next few months, high level of colds and flu. The flu season was apparently virtually completely absent 2020-21, probably because of isolating, social distancing etc. Maybe really bad flu this winter?.
I would have thought we'd get another 'light' flu season.

I think there will be enough leftover habits of hand-washing, perhaps still some mask wearing but certain other behavioural changes might remain. If people have been, for example, drinking at home rather than the pub or been dining at home with friends instead of crowded restaurants, maybe they now have a preference for that. People signing up for all the streaming sources may not return to the cinema in old numbers.

Food and grocery delivery habits that have been picked up might not get dropped completely.

If everything goes very well I would only expect a gradual return to the old normality.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.