Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Could things get any worse!!!

Could things get any worse!!!

Old Mar 26th 2009, 2:52 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute
Default Could things get any worse!!!

2 weeks ago the basement flooded... combination of melting snow and heavy rain (not to mention the eldest step daughters daily 2 hour shower)....nearly a foot and half of water in the basement,its never flooded before. (turns out the construction of some apartments across the street means they no doubt broke the sewer pipe and never made good) ....also....the wife went to investigate the basement after smelling gas, to find the furnace hadn't shut off and gas was bubbling to the surface of the flood water,sensibly she took a flashlight with her...the youngest noticed this and kindly flicked the light switch...the resultant fireball was brief but removed most of the wife's facial hair and gave her that been in the sun without protection look....ok so that was all taken care of ...
Friday last week .....called to the office at work ...lots of apologies and handwringing but the result was that myself and 46 other people were laid off ....ok....no biggie can handle that ....
Now ......
It seems having an extra inch or two of skin on my pork sword puts my wife and maybe one or two others at risk of all manner of nasty infections...this ones a biggie (honest!!)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7960798.stm

Maybe its just the cynical side of me ...but it was no suprise to find that the people behind the report were:-
1.American.
2.American and of seemingly Jewish decent.

The really unhealthy part for me is the American medical professions obsession with cutting loose skin...

Now if you'll excuse me ...I have to check the basement for sewage,wash the old meat and 2 veg,search for employment and try not to snigger at the wifes lack of eyebrows
Old Mar 26th 2009, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Could things get any worse!!!

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
2 weeks ago the basement flooded... combination of melting snow and heavy rain (not to mention the eldest step daughters daily 2 hour shower)....nearly a foot and half of water in the basement,its never flooded before. (turns out the construction of some apartments across the street means they no doubt broke the sewer pipe and never made good) ....also....the wife went to investigate the basement after smelling gas, to find the furnace hadn't shut off and gas was bubbling to the surface of the flood water,sensibly she took a flashlight with her...the youngest noticed this and kindly flicked the light switch...the resultant fireball was brief but removed most of the wife's facial hair and gave her that been in the sun without protection look....ok so that was all taken care of ...
Friday last week .....called to the office at work ...lots of apologies and handwringing but the result was that myself and 46 other people were laid off ....ok....no biggie can handle that ....
Now ......
It seems having an extra inch or two of skin on my pork sword puts my wife and maybe one or two others at risk of all manner of nasty infections...this ones a biggie (honest!!)

Maybe its just the cynical side of me ...but it was no suprise to find that the people behind the report were:-
1.American.

The really unhealthy part for me is the American medical professions obsession with cutting loose skin...

Now if you'll excuse me ...I have to check the basement for sewage,wash the old meat and 2 veg,search for employment and try not to snigger at the wifes lack of eyebrows
you do make me larrfff!!
Old Mar 26th 2009, 4:11 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Now ......

1.American.

Too funny.

It's a strange argument. So, circumcision can reduce the risk of catching certain diseases but doesn't eliminate it, therefore you should still practice safe sex, and if you're having safe sex why did you need the circumcision?
Old Mar 26th 2009, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed....
Old Mar 26th 2009, 6:55 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your job loss...I hope you get something else as soon as possible..

but in regards to your wife's hair loss and your extra flesh..
Old Mar 26th 2009, 7:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisag8070
Sorry to hear about your job loss...I hope you get something else as soon as possible..

but in regards to your wife's hair loss and your extra flesh..
Ditto!
Old Mar 26th 2009, 7:43 pm
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

Now ......

1.American.

"Pork sword"... snigger...
Old Mar 27th 2009, 1:07 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gingerert
"Pork sword"... snigger...
Thought you'd be after the veggie option...
Old Mar 27th 2009, 1:28 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
Let me guess, could it possibly be................SPROUTS?????
Old Mar 27th 2009, 1:38 am
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
Mmm... courgette sword...

Doesn't quite have the same ring to it, does it?
Old Mar 27th 2009, 10:48 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Courgette cutlass?
Old Mar 27th 2009, 1:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm..zucchini zinger?
Old Mar 27th 2009, 3:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
hmmm..zucchini zinger?

How about his "Carrot Cruncher"
Old Mar 27th 2009, 4:23 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

The old Long Leek might work .... or leek and 2 pickled onions....
Old Mar 28th 2009, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

CarrotCruncher is a jewel in the roughCarrotCruncher is a jewel in the roughCarrotCruncher is a jewel in the roughCarrotCruncher is a jewel in the roughCarrotCruncher is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
How about his "Carrot Cruncher"
I feel violated

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.