British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Could things get any worse!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/could-things-get-any-worse-600072/)

Circus-of-Power Mar 26th 2009 2:52 pm

Could things get any worse!!!

2 weeks ago the basement flooded... combination of melting snow and heavy rain (not to mention the eldest step daughters daily 2 hour shower)....nearly a foot and half of water in the basement,its never flooded before. (turns out the construction of some apartments across the street means they no doubt broke the sewer pipe and never made good) ....also....the wife went to investigate the basement after smelling gas, to find the furnace hadn't shut off and gas was bubbling to the surface of the flood water,sensibly she took a flashlight with her...the youngest noticed this and kindly flicked the light switch...the resultant fireball was brief but removed most of the wife's facial hair and gave her that been in the sun without protection look....ok so that was all taken care of ...
Friday last week .....called to the office at work ...lots of apologies and handwringing but the result was that myself and 46 other people were laid off ....ok....no biggie can handle that ....
Now ......
It seems having an extra inch or two of skin on my pork sword puts my wife and maybe one or two others at risk of all manner of nasty infections...this ones a biggie (honest!!)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7960798.stm

Maybe its just the cynical side of me ...but it was no suprise to find that the people behind the report were:-
1.American.
2.American and of seemingly Jewish decent.

The really unhealthy part for me is the American medical professions obsession with cutting loose skin...

Now if you'll excuse me ...I have to check the basement for sewage,wash the old meat and 2 veg,search for employment and try not to snigger at the wifes lack of eyebrows

lisa67 Mar 26th 2009 3:52 pm

Re: Could things get any worse!!!

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power (Post 7421954)
2 weeks ago the basement flooded... combination of melting snow and heavy rain (not to mention the eldest step daughters daily 2 hour shower)....nearly a foot and half of water in the basement,its never flooded before. (turns out the construction of some apartments across the street means they no doubt broke the sewer pipe and never made good) ....also....the wife went to investigate the basement after smelling gas, to find the furnace hadn't shut off and gas was bubbling to the surface of the flood water,sensibly she took a flashlight with her...the youngest noticed this and kindly flicked the light switch...the resultant fireball was brief but removed most of the wife's facial hair and gave her that been in the sun without protection look....ok so that was all taken care of ...
Friday last week .....called to the office at work ...lots of apologies and handwringing but the result was that myself and 46 other people were laid off ....ok....no biggie can handle that ....
Now ......
It seems having an extra inch or two of skin on my pork sword puts my wife and maybe one or two others at risk of all manner of nasty infections...this ones a biggie (honest!!)

Maybe its just the cynical side of me ...but it was no suprise to find that the people behind the report were:-
1.American.

The really unhealthy part for me is the American medical professions obsession with cutting loose skin...

Now if you'll excuse me ...I have to check the basement for sewage,wash the old meat and 2 veg,search for employment and try not to snigger at the wifes lack of eyebrows

you do make me larrfff!!:):D

neil Mar 26th 2009 4:11 pm

Now ......

1.American.

Too funny.

It's a strange argument. So, circumcision can reduce the risk of catching certain diseases but doesn't eliminate it, therefore you should still practice safe sex, and if you're having safe sex why did you need the circumcision?

Dan725 Mar 26th 2009 6:30 pm

Agreed....

lisag8070 Mar 26th 2009 6:55 pm

Sorry to hear about your job loss...I hope you get something else as soon as possible..

but in regards to your wife's hair loss and your extra flesh..:rofl::rofl:

Englishtart Mar 26th 2009 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by lisag8070 (Post 7422776)
Sorry to hear about your job loss...I hope you get something else as soon as possible..

but in regards to your wife's hair loss and your extra flesh..:rofl::rofl:

Ditto! ;)

Gingerert Mar 26th 2009 7:43 pm

Now ......

1.American.

"Pork sword"... snigger...

tonrob Mar 27th 2009 1:07 am

Originally Posted by gingerert (Post 7422964)
"Pork sword"... snigger...

Thought you'd be after the veggie option...

cindyabs Mar 27th 2009 1:28 am

Originally Posted by tonrob (Post 7423954)

Let me guess, could it possibly be................SPROUTS????? :cool:

Gingerert Mar 27th 2009 1:38 am

Originally Posted by tonrob (Post 7423954)

Mmm... courgette sword...

Doesn't quite have the same ring to it, does it? :lol:

tonrob Mar 27th 2009 10:48 am

Originally Posted by gingerert (Post 7423993)

Courgette cutlass? ;)

Bluegrass Lass Mar 27th 2009 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by gingerert (Post 7423993)

hmmm..zucchini zinger? :rofl:

scrubbedexpat097 Mar 27th 2009 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13 (Post 7425332)
hmmm..zucchini zinger? :rofl:

How about his "Carrot Cruncher"

Circus-of-Power Mar 27th 2009 4:23 pm

The old Long Leek might work .... or leek and 2 pickled onions....

CarrotCruncher Mar 28th 2009 12:25 am

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma (Post 7425685)
How about his "Carrot Cruncher"

I feel violated :blink: