Christmas Drama

Old Nov 14th 2009, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas Drama

Originally Posted by Bob
board games are costing a fortune these days
bah humbug!
Old Nov 14th 2009, 9:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
thanks for the replies ive had a great giggle reading some of them.

I knew moving abroad would be expensive....didnt realise christmas would be the most expensive part of it

I'll definetly have a look at amazon, not really sure what "authentic american" presents are though, I did consider maybe a US personalised lisence plate for my dad but not sure if i wanna pay the shipping on that.

maybe not just cancel christmas, but in-laws and family too! that way when birthdays come around (seriously i think with all this extended family theres at least 2 birthdays every month!), theres no presents to buy!
Authentic American ... have you considered maple candy? It's excellent, and I think (though I could be wrong) that it would be considered quite American.

In case you're not familiar with what I'm talking about, I'm including a link below. In our family everyone always has a piece of maple candy in their Christmas stocking. They're usually shaped like Maple Leaves, Santa Claus, etc.

http://www.piecesofvermont.com/

I don't know what a typical British Christmas is like so I can't make specific suggestions but I would think any tradition/decoration, etc. that seems different to you (i.e. is American or from a culture common in America) would be a very cool gift. I like to give Christmas ornaments that I've bought during my travels as gifts. Last year, for instance, I gave my mother a Kiwi bird ornament. This year she's getting a beaded thistle ornament I picked up in Scotland. You might get some similar ideas from looking around at the ornaments for sale near you.

Last edited by Kaffy Mintcake; Nov 14th 2009 at 9:39 pm.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the suggestion Kaffy I'll have a look into that!
Old Nov 17th 2009, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

nooj has a brilliant futurenooj has a brilliant futurenooj has a brilliant futurenooj has a brilliant futurenooj has a brilliant futurenooj has a brilliant future

just did a load of Crimbo shopping last night

5 newphew/neices
ma in law
sister in law
sis
and mum

got the bulk from John Lewis online and no delivery charge!
Old Nov 19th 2009, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Chugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to behold

Sister always sends me a bunch of UK food stuff. Can't live without me Marmite. She used to live over here, so I return the favour and send her American treats.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

choppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MsElui
i made calenders of the kids photos on snapfish - and send them to the grandparents
I did that last year and they all loved it.