Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Christmas 2011 Megathread

Christmas 2011 Megathread

Old Dec 9th 2011, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas 2011 Megathread

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Does it count if I just have a list of people up whose arses I'd like to shove a Christmas tree ... ?
Absolutely. The first rule of Chrismas Tree arse shoving up is there are no rules.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Christmas. Given I'm such a miserable cnut the rest of the year it is probably rather surprising that I actually enjoy Christmas, but even a bastard has a break once a year.

On my wishlist is a Hammond XK-3, Leslie Speaker, a mixing desk and a drum kit, but in reality I'd just like a new lens and flash for the camera, Gran Turismo 4, lots of sweets, perhaps a chance to actually enjoy a drop or two of wine and enough days off work to enjoy my presents.

We haven't got it up yet but the tree should go up over the weekend if the baby allows us five minutes of peace to do it. We have a quiet day itself, everyone comes over for dinner on Christmas Eve (which I'd prefer was done in someone else's house, but that would mean one of my in-laws actually being sensible with their money and/or buying a proper sized house that wasn't in the ****ing ghetto ...)

So for the season I shall be consuming for lots of food, actually calling it Christmas and **** anyone who doesn't like it, and wishing that everyone who has annoyed me this year gets struck down with knob rot or some hideously disfiguring skin disease.

Ho, ho bloody ho ...
Electric drum kit?
Old Dec 9th 2011, 3:35 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Macca67
Electric drum kit?
Aye, it'd have to be otherwise I'd never get a chance to play it, since I do most of my music at night through the 'phones.

I can't afford the V-drums (nor justify spending more than my main guitar on my 4th instrument) but I'm eyeing up the Alesis DM10. Looks pretty handy for a hack such as myself ...
Old Dec 9th 2011, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Aye, it'd have to be otherwise I'd never get a chance to play it, since I do most of my music at night through the 'phones.

I can't afford the V-drums (nor justify spending more than my main guitar on my 4th instrument) but I'm eyeing up the Alesis DM10. Looks pretty handy for a hack such as myself ...
I have a basic Yamaha 5 piece which I run through a 100W Roland keyboard amp. Drums are OK but cymbals crap - too much reverb even when keeping a non-shred steady beat. Instead I use a mixed set of Zildjian's, which I've not even told the misses how much they really cost. If you want to skip the amp a decent set of phones will make all the difference to how they sound.

DM10's a nice kit. Pound for pound better than what you'd pay for the Rolands.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 3:52 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Macca67
I have a basic Yamaha 5 piece which I run through a 100W Roland keyboard amp. Drums are OK but cymbals crap - too much reverb even when keeping a non-shred steady beat. Instead I use a mixed set of Zildjian's, which I've not even told the misses how much they really cost. If you want to skip the amp a decent set of phones will make all the difference to how they sound.

DM10's a nice kit. Pound for pound better than what you'd pay for the Rolands.
At the moment I have my 'boards, electric guitar and bass running through a tiny practice amp and into the computer. Sounds decent enough so I think even a somewhat OK set would sound fine with what I have. Failing that I'd set up my PA.

Money, as always, is the limiting factor here