Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Chicago vs Florida Shootings

Chicago vs Florida Shootings

Old Apr 10th 2012, 9:42 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chicago vs Florida Shootings

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
What on earth are you on about now?

Drunk driving deaths mean it's ok to have armed idiots running around shooting people?
Not to get off topic too much, but drunk driving here needs to be tackled more than it is; SATX John raises the point that drunk driving is just not seen as anti-social enough. I am tired of how drunk drivers who kill themselves (and their passengers) are so often treated as victims in the media, sad stories of lost opportunities, rather than the selfish, entitled gits that they are, risking their, their friends and everyone on and near the road at the time.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

SATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really nice

Originally Posted by Leslie
I was polite to you the first time I responded to your misinformation. It gets a little old after the third or fourth time when you either (1) deliberately lie to obsfucate or (2) you run your mouth about matters of which you have no knowledge.

Mirandizing someone does not mean they have been arrested.

Handcuffing them does not mean they have been arrested.

Questioning them does not mean they have been arrested.

How the individual "feels" does not mean they have been arrested.

Placing somebody under arrest is the only thing that makes them arrested.

So, either stop posting LIES or you can continue to put up with my insults.

Liar.
You again contunie to obsfucate yourself and not acknowlege your own errors. My "misinformation" is a difference we have in opinion.

I congratulate you on being so smug in your opinions, which are just that opinions, just as mine are.

Please cite me an example of a "LIE." Refer to merriam webster just to check your definitions.

I will be happy to repost to your barbs if you decide to cite some examples.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 9:44 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Not to get off topic too much, but drunk driving here needs to be tackled more than it is; SATX John raises the point that drunk driving is just not seen as anti-social enough. I am tired of how drunk drivers who kill themselves (and their passengers) are so often treated as victims in the media, sad stories of lost opportunities, rather than the selfish, entitled gits that they are, risking their, their friends and everyone on and near the road at the time.

Fine by me.

No argument on that.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 9:44 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SATX John
Remeber cricket bat law proposed back in 2005?
No I do not, please tell me about it? UK I assume, what happened and what were the proposals?
Old Apr 10th 2012, 9:49 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

You again contunie to obsfucate yourself and not acknowlege your own errors. My "misinformation" is a difference we have in opinion.

I congratulate you on being so smug in your opinions, which are just that opinions, just as mine are.

Please cite me an example of a "LIE." Refer to merriam webster just to check your definitions.

I will be happy to repost to your barbs if you decide to cite some examples.
You're an idiot.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

SATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really nice

This is part of my problem.

Any random idiot can get a permit to be armed, and, apparently, is also pretty free to use the thing.

Can you imagine this in, say, Kingston Upon Thames?
What on earth are you on about now?

Drunk driving deaths mean it's ok to have armed idiots running around shooting people?
Not at all, but the deaths caused and that anyone can get a car and rive it drunk, just like buy a gun and shoot someone. Making an equivlent arguement.

No I do not, please tell me about it? UK I assume, what happened and what were the proposals?
There was a rash of stabbings and beatings in 2005-2008ish. It never passed.

UK Murders Spur Ban on Knives, Cricket Bats
by Scott Ott for ScrappleFace ·
(2008-05-31) — A rash of 11 recent stabbing murders in London has spurred the British Parliament this week to take up debate on a bill to extend its strict gun control laws to also ban knives and other deadly weapons such as rope and cricket bats.

The legislation would ban “switchblades, Leatherman Tools, buck knives, mutton knives and similar offensive weapons.”

“To stop the pain and bloodshed, we need to get to the root causes of this violence,” said an unnamed Member of Parliament. “Despite our longstanding ban on defensive guns, people still hurt people. This will never stop until we get these weapons off the streets and out of the homes of our helpless populace.”

Under the terms of the proposed measure, Britons would be forced to buy a license to carry a cricket bat, a dangerous bludgeoning weapon measuring up to 96 cm long and weighing up to 1.4 kg. Even licensed bat owners would only be allowed to carry the weapon to and from cricket matches, and only if locked in a government-approved case.

While “cricket rage” murders do not yet rank in the top 10 causes of death, officials say that could change as soon as knives are banned.

The bill would allow a homeowner to store rope, wire and cable for personal use, but only in lengths of less than 30 cm (about 12 inches).
Old Apr 10th 2012, 9:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

The rate of drunk driving arrests has almost halved in the last 25 years, presumably because laws have been tightened (bac reduced; driving age of 21 maybe).

Even further off-topic, I don't think the US takes traffic-related fatalities seriously enough in general. The UK has seen a consistent decline in fatalities over the last 25 years whereas the US has seen only small declines. Even very simple improvements seem not to be done here:- one example is putting flippin' parking spots right up to a crossing, thus potentially reducing visibility to pedestrians. I mean, wtf? This isn't rocket science.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Leslie
You're an idiot.
Excellent repost from the intelligencia.

Cheers, I will cherish your words all three. Very intelligent reply.

OBTW I am typing with one hand due to injury....

Last edited by SATX John; Apr 10th 2012 at 9:53 pm. Reason: Typing
Old Apr 10th 2012, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Not at all, but the deaths caused and that anyone can get a car and rive it drunk, just like buy a gun and shoot someone. Making an equivlent arguement.
Well, except legally you have to pass a driving test and carry insurance.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

UK Murders Spur Ban on Knives, Cricket Bats
by Scott Ott for ScrappleFace ·
(2008-05-31) — A rash of 11 recent stabbing murders in London has spurred the British Parliament this week to take up debate on a bill to extend its strict gun control laws to also ban knives and other deadly weapons such as rope and cricket bats.

The legislation would ban “switchblades, Leatherman Tools, buck knives, mutton knives and similar offensive weapons.”

“To stop the pain and bloodshed, we need to get to the root causes of this violence,” said an unnamed Member of Parliament. “Despite our longstanding ban on defensive guns, people still hurt people. This will never stop until we get these weapons off the streets and out of the homes of our helpless populace.”

Under the terms of the proposed measure, Britons would be forced to buy a license to carry a cricket bat, a dangerous bludgeoning weapon measuring up to 96 cm long and weighing up to 1.4 kg. Even licensed bat owners would only be allowed to carry the weapon to and from cricket matches, and only if locked in a government-approved case.

While “cricket rage” murders do not yet rank in the top 10 causes of death, officials say that could change as soon as knives are banned.

The bill would allow a homeowner to store rope, wire and cable for personal use, but only in lengths of less than 30 cm (about 12 inches).
"Interesting" that a google search on this phrase produces no UK links to back up this assertion.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 9:57 pm
He/him

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
The rate of drunk driving arrests has almost halved in the last 25 years, presumably because laws have been tightened (bac reduced; driving age of 21 maybe).

Even further off-topic, I don't think the US takes traffic-related fatalities seriously enough in general. The UK has seen a consistent decline in fatalities over the last 25 years whereas the US has seen only small declines. Even very simple improvements seem not to be done here:- one example is putting flippin' parking spots right up to a crossing, thus potentially reducing visibility to pedestrians. I mean, wtf? This isn't rocket science.
Really needs a new topic, but when has that ever stopped us?
Green light for pedestrians and cars (turning) at the same junction (does that happen in the UK?)
SUVs and their pedestrian unfriendly front design; combined with bull bars (I am not even sure anyone here is even aware of them as a negative safety issue.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well, except legally you have to pass a driving test and carry insurance.
Two things here: One, if you have a concealed permit you have passed a test, no insurance. Two, only if follow the law for insurance for cars, many do not. Like criminals who buy guns and use them in crimes.

Just to buy a gun you are correct, but I can buy a car, pay cash and never pass a test either.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 10:01 pm
He/him

"Interesting" that a google search on this phrase produces no UK links to back up this assertion.
Yes I think I need a real source for the cricket license suggestion.

UK knife law is already quite restrictive.

Last edited by kimilseung; Apr 10th 2012 at 10:04 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 10:02 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent repost from the intelligencia.

Cheers, I will cherish your words all three. Very intelligent reply.

OBTW I am typing with one hand due to injury....
The word is intelligentsia. A certain irony no?

Anyway, I agree with Leslie: you're an idiot.

http://law.yourdictionary.com/arrest
Old Apr 10th 2012, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...ed-480600.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/de...ar-cricket-bat

Here are two in the time frame. Like I said it was never passed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.