Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Cheggie's post: Panicking over DS156 form - please help!

Cheggie's post: Panicking over DS156 form - please help!

Old Apr 27th 2008, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

cheggie2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cheggie's post: Panicking over DS156 form - please help!

hi
Please please help me i really freaking out about about the forms that i sent in.
i sent them off not really thinking too much about them i just wanted to get them off as soon as possible, and then thats when i read the bit about form ds 156 needed to be in "in duplicate" i just printed one off and sent it off along with the ds-156k and the ds-230 and now im really worried that ive done it all wrong and things are going to get delayed!!!!
i sent off the ds-2001 the other day and now im waiting.

Plaese help me all this is driving me mad.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 5:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheggie's post: Panicking over DS156 form - please help!

Originally Posted by cheggie2003
hi
Please please help me i really freaking out about about the forms that i sent in.
i sent them off not really thinking too much about them i just wanted to get them off as soon as possible, and then thats when i read the bit about form ds 156 needed to be in "in duplicate" i just printed one off and sent it off along with the ds-156k and the ds-230 and now im really worried that ive done it all wrong and things are going to get delayed!!!!
i sent off the ds-2001 the other day and now im waiting.

Cheggie, I moved your post to a new thread because you responded to one which was almost 6 months old.

Rene
Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:03 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

One of two things will happen... either someone will photocopy your DS-156 and add it to your file, or they'll send you an RFE asking for another copy. Don't get overly anxious about a delayed application... it's an annoyance, but it's not a life and death situation!

Ian
Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:07 am
Just Joined

thank you so much for that bit of information and for putting me at ease i just cant believe all this is so difficult.
do you have any idea how long i will have to wait for a interview date, and if there is any way of finding out i know i only sent the application of readiness a week ago but waiting is driving me crazy!!!!
Old Apr 29th 2008, 12:15 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... i only sent the application of readiness a week ago but waiting is driving me crazy!!!!
I wouldn't expect an interview for at least several weeks and probably a few months. The wheels of immigration turn slowly... but they do turn.

Ian
Old May 2nd 2008, 9:22 am
Just Joined

yeah!!!!!! i got my interview date today its on the 30th may wish it was sooner but so excited!!!
Thanks
Old May 2nd 2008, 9:35 am
Just Joined

My interview is 8;30am on friday do you know how long it will take after my interview to recieve my visa through?
kerry
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:09 pm
Account Closed

do you know how long it will take after my interview to recieve my visa through?
If all goes well, usually only a few days. They'll keep your passport and have a courier get it back to you.

Ian
Old May 2nd 2008, 5:41 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
If all goes well, usually only a few days. They'll keep your passport and have a courier get it back to you.

Ian
Ian,

Whats going on here?? I Come back after a few months, and youre being helpful and friendly to people!?!!? LOL
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:17 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarlM
Ian,

Whats going on here?? I Come back after a few months, and youre being helpful and friendly to people!?!!? LOL
He took the fast-tracked 12-step program. LOL
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:24 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
He took the fast-tracked 12-step program. LOL

It sure was effective treatment!!!
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:58 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

It sure was effective treatment!!!
We can arrange for you to come stay in our Be Nice Facility(tm) too.. it's sort of like the Hotel California.
Old May 3rd 2008, 12:10 am
Account Closed

I Come back after a few months, and youre being helpful and friendly to people!?!!? LOL
I'll tell you the truth... it's killin' me! But it was either turn over a new leaf or have the mods rip me a new one!

Ian
Old May 3rd 2008, 11:55 am
strangely floppy..

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I'll tell you the truth... it's killin' me! But it was either turn over a new leaf or have the mods rip me a new one!

Ian

Shame - i rather enjoyed your scathing wit myself!!
Old May 3rd 2008, 8:03 pm
strangely floppy..

Originally Posted by meauxna
We can arrange for you to come stay in our Be Nice Facility(tm) too.. it's sort of like the Hotel California.
Do i need treatment?? i didnt think so, but maybe i am in denial!