Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Charlie Hebdo shooting in France

Charlie Hebdo shooting in France

Old Jan 7th 2015, 9:43 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Charlie Hebdo shooting in France

Originally Posted by hoffage123
..... the vast majority of normal Muslim folks who go on with their lives, .....
And that is exactly my point, they continue ostrich-like with their lives ignoring the cancerous growth within their religion.
Originally Posted by Boiler
I am not sure what dealing with this situation looks like.

Reasonably certain things will get worse, much worse.
Agreed. Tolerance and appeasement got us into this mess, so I am reasonably certain that more of the same isn't the solution.
Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
..... In France, the muslim leaders have all spoken out against this atrocity. .....
"Speaking out" a is woefully inadequate response, especially as the perpetrators have no respect for democracy and freedom of speech. The "speaking out" in France is an entirely understandable attempt to avoid a backlash against the benign majority of peaceable muslims living in France but will do nothing to excise the cancer in their religion.
Originally Posted by hungryhorace
Killing someone as a political act falls under the definition of 'execute'. They were all executed.
That's my point. You are flattering the terrorists by calling the murder of 12 individuals a "political act", it was a brutal massacre of unarmed civilians. I will never countenance a higher status for the perpetrators of such an act than the murderous scum that they are.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 7th 2015 at 10:02 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2015, 9:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Overheard in the barbershop, "Well, if this had happened in Arizona..."

I refrained from shouting something about Gabrielle Giffords.
Old Jan 7th 2015, 10:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manekeniko
Islam is in its dark ages. I refrained from posting this at FB because I have a couple of Muslim friends that I do like.

Sad, sad.
I do to and all of them are very Americanized drinking booze, females inviting me over alone, and religion is never discussed.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 2:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Ever go?
Old Jan 8th 2015, 3:26 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

The Iranian government has spoken out against it. The Saudi government has spoken out against it.

What I dont understand is why wont the Muslims also speak out against it?
Old Jan 8th 2015, 3:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 4:18 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
You have misread or misconstrued what I wrote. "Christian" terrorists are almost universally ostracized by the Christian community. The same is not true of the muslim community, and the "notinmyname" campaign was notable exactly because it was so unusual and such a small minority of the billion muslims around the world. ..... And you apparently have no counter to my observation about the Pope, Arch Bishop of Canterbury etc. vs the Mad Mullahs of Iran, ...... because there is no counter, it's every bit as bad as it looks: chalk v cheese.
You're a white guy. Go to your local NAACP chapter and apologize for the death of Eric Garner. After all, it's one of your guys who did the crime.

Collective guilt cuts both ways. You had better start seeking forgiveness ASAP -- your people have a lot of 'splainin' to do, so you're going to be very busy.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 4:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
You're a white guy. Go to your local NAACP chapter and apologize for the death of Eric Garner. After all, it's one of your guys who did the crime.

Collective guilt cuts both ways. You had better start seeking forgiveness ASAP -- your people have a lot of 'splainin' to do, so you're going to be very busy.
If that does not confirm my expectations that things will get a lot worse then nothing will.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 4:24 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

There is absolutely no reason why any Muslim should have to apologize for an act of murder. What gets my goat is when Muslims do speak out against it and go on to add that Mohamed was a man of peace, just sounds bloody ignorant about his history.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP

Usually the same people who object to collective apologies for slavery.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 6:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
There is absolutely no reason why any Muslim should have to apologize for an act of murder. What gets my goat is when Muslims do speak out against it and go on to add that Mohamed was a man of peace, just sounds bloody ignorant about his history.
The cartoons do look a bit crap though.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 10:50 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 8th 2015, 11:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Nutek
It's good that they've labelled the snarling Arab, that will prevent any kind of confusion out on the street.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 11:15 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 8th 2015, 11:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I think what I'm feeling is quite well-expressed here:

Massacre in Paris: Islamic Jihadists Come Home to Roost… -- The iPINIONS Journal

"It’s one thing to defy Islamic jihadists to expose human rights and other abuses Muslims perpetrate in the name of Islam – as Hirsi Ali and van Gogh did with their film. It’s quite another to do so merely to propagate caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad – as Charlie Hebdo and its celebrated cartoonists did with their cartoons. The former clearly informs and has undeniable redeeming social value; whereas the latter serves no purpose other than to provoke/offend Muslims (for the amusement of non-Muslims?)...this attack will have a galvanizing effect on anti-Muslim sentiments that are becoming epidemic across Europe."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.