British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Charlie Hebdo shooting in France (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/charlie-hebdo-shooting-france-850230/)

Pulaski Jan 7th 2015 9:43 pm

Re: Charlie Hebdo shooting in France

Originally Posted by hoffage123 (Post 11525061)
..... the vast majority of normal Muslim folks who go on with their lives, .....

And that is exactly my point, they continue ostrich-like with their lives ignoring the cancerous growth within their religion.

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 11525079)
I am not sure what dealing with this situation looks like.

Reasonably certain things will get worse, much worse.

Agreed. Tolerance and appeasement got us into this mess, so I am reasonably certain that more of the same isn't the solution.

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise (Post 11525081)
..... In France, the muslim leaders have all spoken out against this atrocity. .....

"Speaking out" a is woefully inadequate response, especially as the perpetrators have no respect for democracy and freedom of speech. The "speaking out" in France is an entirely understandable attempt to avoid a backlash against the benign majority of peaceable muslims living in France but will do nothing to excise the cancer in their religion.

Originally Posted by hungryhorace (Post 11525070)
Killing someone as a political act falls under the definition of 'execute'. They were all executed.

That's my point. You are flattering the terrorists by calling the murder of 12 individuals a "political act", it was a brutal massacre of unarmed civilians. I will never countenance a higher status for the perpetrators of such an act than the murderous scum that they are.

sir_eccles Jan 7th 2015 9:51 pm

Overheard in the barbershop, "Well, if this had happened in Arizona..."

I refrained from shouting something about Gabrielle Giffords.

Michael Jan 7th 2015 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by manekeniko (Post 11525234)
Islam is in its dark ages. I refrained from posting this at FB because I have a couple of Muslim friends that I do like.

Sad, sad. :(

I do to and all of them are very Americanized drinking booze, females inviting me over alone, and religion is never discussed.

Hotscot Jan 8th 2015 2:59 am

Ever go?

kimilseung Jan 8th 2015 3:26 am

The Iranian government has spoken out against it. The Saudi government has spoken out against it.

What I dont understand is why wont the Muslims also speak out against it?

scrubbedexpat099 Jan 8th 2015 3:54 am

The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam.

RoadWarriorFromLP Jan 8th 2015 4:18 am

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 11525043)
You have misread or misconstrued what I wrote. "Christian" terrorists are almost universally ostracized by the Christian community. The same is not true of the muslim community, and the "notinmyname" campaign was notable exactly because it was so unusual and such a small minority of the billion muslims around the world. ..... And you apparently have no counter to my observation about the Pope, Arch Bishop of Canterbury etc. vs the Mad Mullahs of Iran, ...... because there is no counter, it's every bit as bad as it looks: chalk v cheese. :(

You're a white guy. Go to your local NAACP chapter and apologize for the death of Eric Garner. After all, it's one of your guys who did the crime.

Collective guilt cuts both ways. You had better start seeking forgiveness ASAP -- your people have a lot of 'splainin' to do, so you're going to be very busy.

scrubbedexpat099 Jan 8th 2015 4:22 am

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP (Post 11525589)
You're a white guy. Go to your local NAACP chapter and apologize for the death of Eric Garner. After all, it's one of your guys who did the crime.

Collective guilt cuts both ways. You had better start seeking forgiveness ASAP -- your people have a lot of 'splainin' to do, so you're going to be very busy.

If that does not confirm my expectations that things will get a lot worse then nothing will.

kimilseung Jan 8th 2015 4:24 am

There is absolutely no reason why any Muslim should have to apologize for an act of murder. What gets my goat is when Muslims do speak out against it and go on to add that Mohamed was a man of peace, just sounds bloody ignorant about his history.

Sally Redux Jan 8th 2015 5:57 am

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP (Post 11525589)

Usually the same people who object to collective apologies for slavery.

Sally Redux Jan 8th 2015 6:07 am

Originally Posted by kimilseung (Post 11525594)
There is absolutely no reason why any Muslim should have to apologize for an act of murder. What gets my goat is when Muslims do speak out against it and go on to add that Mohamed was a man of peace, just sounds bloody ignorant about his history.

The cartoons do look a bit crap though.

Nutek Jan 8th 2015 10:50 am

http://i.imgur.com/GCOMrjR.jpg

Sally Redux Jan 8th 2015 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Nutek (Post 11525858)

It's good that they've labelled the snarling Arab, that will prevent any kind of confusion out on the street.

Nutek Jan 8th 2015 11:15 am

http://yaypics.smugmug.com/photos/i-...-VtRqq2h-M.jpg

Sally Redux Jan 8th 2015 11:46 am

I think what I'm feeling is quite well-expressed here:

Massacre in Paris: Islamic Jihadists Come Home to Roost… -- The iPINIONS Journal

"It’s one thing to defy Islamic jihadists to expose human rights and other abuses Muslims perpetrate in the name of Islam – as Hirsi Ali and van Gogh did with their film. It’s quite another to do so merely to propagate caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad – as Charlie Hebdo and its celebrated cartoonists did with their cartoons. The former clearly informs and has undeniable redeeming social value; whereas the latter serves no purpose other than to provoke/offend Muslims (for the amusement of non-Muslims?)...this attack will have a galvanizing effect on anti-Muslim sentiments that are becoming epidemic across Europe."