Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

California Obamacare rates to rise 13% in 2017, more than 3 times the increase of las

California Obamacare rates to rise 13% in 2017, more than 3 times the increase of las

Old Jul 19th 2016, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: California Obamacare rates to rise 13% in 2017, more than 3 times the increase of

Originally Posted by Pulaski
We've gone 16 years without a President willing or able to work with Congress. Trump is the only chance we have of any change in the next four years.
Trump can't even unite his own party. The convention that was supposed to crown him as their leader is just a circus of dissent. The alternative to President Trump may not be pretty, but I'll take it over the craziness that Trump would bring.
Old Jul 19th 2016, 6:59 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: California Obamacare rates to rise 13% in 2017, more than 3 times the increase of

Originally Posted by dc koop
Well if history serves me right ...
I am pretty sure that is meaningless drivel
.... the Republicans were probably telling FDR .....
So you don't "know", and don't "remember", so you're just gonna make crap up to fit your agenda.
Old Jul 19th 2016, 7:03 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

You wish.

We've gone 16 years without a President willing or able to work with Congress. Trump is the only chance we have of any change in the next four years.
Could anyone with work with a Congress influenced by far right nut wing Tea Partyers?

Not even Speaker John Boehner could handle them. In the end that's why he quit in disgust

Didn't Sarah Palin tell the first Tea Party members elected to Congress "to make sure that Obama was going to be a one term president"?

As for Trump he's a disaster before he even takes office. He's not capable of forming any policy on the middle east since he's alienated just about 90 percent of the Muslim world. ISIS must really love that guy. As for Europe he's also created a feeling of suspicion and hostility with his pro-Brexit remarks. In short the man is disliked and regarded with suspicion throughout the international community and worse still thought of as a buffoon. I would also add to that last comment that he's an out and out isolationist
Old Jul 19th 2016, 7:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Since where has anybody here supported Trump?
Old Jul 19th 2016, 7:15 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

I am pretty sure that is meaningless drivel
So you don't "know", and don't "remember", so you're just gonna make crap up to fit your agenda.
If you cant be bothered to learn anything from books written over the years by American scholars on politicians and political history you don't have to dismiss my remarks as meaningless drivel and crap either.

You deserve Trump. The only sad part is that those who don't deserve him will end up going down the same shit hole. Still how much damage could he do in 4 short years anyway ?
Old Jul 19th 2016, 7:23 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

.... you don't have to dismiss my remarks as meaningless drivel and crap either. ....
I was only dismissive of your rather casual style with "facts". You may otherwise be right, but that doesn't mean I am suddenly going to become a supporter of tax-and-spend Dems.

Old Jul 19th 2016, 7:33 am
Banned

I was only dismissive of your rather casual style with "facts". You may otherwise be right, but that doesn't mean I am suddenly going to become a supporter of tax-and-spend Dems.

If Trump follows up on his agenda his spending will eclipse any spending by the Dems over the last twenty years. I don't think the man even knows how to manage his own money. He may well be far less rich than he claims, have a mountain of debt, That's conjecture of course but his hesitation and reticence when it comes to making his tax returns public says a lot.

If for example he's going to create the kind of military he says he is then the sheer cost will necessitate eliminating other programs, either that or he will have to end up raising taxes
Old Jul 19th 2016, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

As for Trump he's a disaster before he even takes office. He's not capable of forming any policy on the middle east since he's alienated just about 90 percent of the Muslim world. ISIS must really love that guy. As for Europe he's also created a feeling of suspicion and hostility with his pro-Brexit remarks. In short the man is disliked and regarded with suspicion throughout the international community and worse still thought of as a buffoon. I would also add to that last comment that he's an out and out isolationist
Let me think... what have recent Secretarys of State achieved in the Middle East and who are/were they?
Old Jul 19th 2016, 8:16 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Huh, plenty of other threads for you anti GOP tirade.
So starting a thread about the poor political timing of an announced increase in healthcare premiums is not inviting political commentary?

How about tuning up that throwing arm with all these stones lying around your glass house?

I have no horse in this race as I live in the world of government-mandated single-payer insurance, but the hypocrisy of your comment was rather too blatant to pass up...
Old Jul 19th 2016, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of the healthcare companies are stockpiling cash. This is not very transparent due to most being not for profit and don't have to publish accounts.

And if you want unfair, look at prop 13. The old generation are contributing virtually nothing and the millennials can't afford to buy anything.

Last edited by mrken30; Jul 19th 2016 at 10:21 am.
Old Jul 19th 2016, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

As for Europe he's also created a feeling of suspicion and hostility with his pro-Brexit remarks. In short the man is disliked and regarded with suspicion throughout the international community and worse still thought of as a buffoon. I would also add to that last comment that he's an out and out isolationist
But he does have an uncanny resemblance to Boris, who is now the foreign minister.
Old Jul 19th 2016, 10:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
So starting a thread about the poor political timing of an announced increase in healthcare premiums is not inviting political commentary?

How about tuning up that throwing arm with all these stones lying around your glass house?

I have no horse in this race as I live in the world of government-mandated single-payer insurance, but the hypocrisy of your comment was rather too blatant to pass up...
OCare is political, makes no sense in the real world, and to suggest this will not be a political issue is silly.
Old Jul 19th 2016, 10:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i think the voters care more about personal mail servers and Benghazi. Who gives a damn about the ACA
Old Jul 19th 2016, 11:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

A good thing I would say. It will put a stop to the social moochers who purposely choose not to have health coverage knowing that they cannot be turned away from any hospital after requesting treatment.
I am quite surprised anyone living in the United States would call people who cant afford health insurance premiums "social moochers" who choose to not have health insurance because hospitals will treat them. Maybe California has different situation as I haven't visited However in several states that I know well :

1. Hospital emergency rooms treat people without insurance, much more than that good luck.
2. I have never met anyone who stated they wouldn't get health insurance because all their medical needs would be met at the emergency room.
3. Many of the "new" jobs we hear about are very low wage jobs , if you are making $10 an hour , and considering how much insurance premiums have risen , hardly affordable to have a decent medical insurance policy.

Clearly Obamacare was well intentioned to address the medical insurance problem which is perhaps the worst in the industrialized world, though like many government programs it is becoming extremely costly and inefficient. The Republicans have no offered any realistic alternative. Simply the cost of medical care in the United States is beyond belief. If no control on costs, there wont be a reasonable solution.

I know someone on Obama care, the premium is $1,200 a month, they pay $200 a month, guess who pays the $1,000 ? The insurance companies must be making a mint on all this.
Old Jul 19th 2016, 11:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

If Trump follows up on his agenda his spending will eclipse any spending by the Dems over the last twenty years. I don't think the man even knows how to manage his own money. He may well be far less rich than he claims, have a mountain of debt, That's conjecture of course but his hesitation and reticence when it comes to making his tax returns public says a lot.

If for example he's going to create the kind of military he says he is then the sheer cost will necessitate eliminating other programs, either that or he will have to end up raising taxes
I am unsure where the idea has arisen that Trump's tax returns would show his net worth or his debts. The media keeps bringing this up, but just look on line at the 1040 tax form and tell me where on that form does the net worth show. The 1040 will portray the income he receives- but due to double taxation of corporate income if declared as a dividend, most wealthy people manage how much and when they pay dividends from companies they own.

Maybe the average person makes judgements within knowing what is on the tax forms, but journalists should or rather "editorialists" should know better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.