Reload this Page >

Cadbury's Digestives

Cadbury's Digestives

Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cadbury's Digestives

Originally Posted by Rete
I caved in and purchased a pack of Cadbury's Digestives this morning.

They were made in the UK for Cadbury by Burton's Foods.

Should I just have eaten it straight from the package or have dunked it in my tea? I was rather unsweet and plain to my taste buds but can see that they might be good with a sip of sweet tea (hot).

And what about those Joffa cakes? Are they any good? Should I try them next?
Were they coated with chocolate or just plain? I freeze them and then have them with either coffee or tea!

If you think the digestives are good, try the ginger nut by Burtons....!

Last edited by willmore; Feb 10th 2008 at 12:41 am.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

ElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to behold

You can all cut it out I've done nothing but eat chocolate and other fatty things and spend nearly $30 on 15 Double Deckers since reading this thread. You're all on my shit list.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:30 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Chocolate digestives.. yum!..
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by anabella
Hobnobs are even better....sometimes even better than sex!
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElaineQ
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MG!

Double Deckers should be swallowed whole - practice on OH first, to reduce gag reflex - and finished off with several cups of tea. I am now going to search the internet for Double Deckers. My hands are now shaking with anticipation.......
You can all cut it out I've done nothing but eat chocolate and other fatty things and spend nearly $30 on 15 Double Deckers since reading this thread. You're all on my shit list.

How on earth do you swallow a DD whole???

DD's are one of my favourite...but they're not quite the same since they have changed the base. It used to be made of chocolate and cornflakes...now the cornflakes have been replaced by crispies.

I'm off to the UK next weekend so I will be able to stock up on Cadbury's choc., cheshire cheese and tea bags.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:35 am
BE Enthusiast

ElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by anabella
Originally Posted by willmore
Hobnobs are even better....sometimes even better than sex!
Stop it. I mean it.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Stop it. I mean it.
Sorry......would it make you feel any better, if I told you that during pms Ive been known to eat an entire of chocolate digestives in one sitting!
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl

DD's are one of my favourite...but they're not quite the same since they have changed the base. It used to be made of chocolate and cornflakes...now the cornflakes have been replaced by crispies.

I'm off to the UK next weekend so I will be able to stock up on Cadbury's choc., cheshire cheese and tea bags.
What are double deckers? Something like wagon wheels?

Whats the deadline for submitting my order for cadbury whole nut chocolate bars?
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorry......would it make you feel any better, if I told you that during pms Ive been known to eat an entire of chocolate digestives in one sitting!

No. I don't need to have PMS to do that. I don't know what I'm going to do when the Double Deckers turn up, because I'm not known for rationing when it comes to chocolate. Which reminds me of a story my Mum once told me about when they stopped rationing sweets after the war. It involved sweets, a bus, thirty school children, a ditch and a lot of vomit. But I digress...
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

What are double deckers? Something like wagon wheels?

Whats the deadline for submitting my order for cadbury whole nut chocolate bars?
Nothing like crappy Wagon Wheels.

http://www.cadbury.co.uk/en/ctb2003/...ble_decker.htm

You can buy them in T.O. along with Whole Nut, Fruit and Nut, Crunchies and more. Also the Costco stores around T.O. sell loads of Cadbury's chocolate....usually in boxes of 24.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

I've not had one for years, and I'm feeling desperate, so I expect it will be easy. Are you telling me they've changed the bloody base? Did I mention I've just ordered 15 of them? I'd better like them...
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Nothing like crappy Wagon Wheels.

You can buy them in T.O. along with Whole Nut, Fruit and Nut, Crunchies and more. Also the Costco stores around T.O. sell loads of Cadbury's chocolate....usually in boxes of 24.
But are they actually from the UK, or the crap chocolate made in canada or the states?
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=Jerseygirl;5910364]Nothing like crappy Wagon Wheels.

They sound good, but I prefer my chocolate with only nuts....!
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I've not had one for years, and I'm feeling desperate, so I expect it will be easy. Are you telling me they've changed the bloody base? Did I mention I've just ordered 15 of them? I'd better like them...
Yes they changed it a few years ago. I love the Cadbury's bars with little bits of shortcake in. OMG I can't wait to land in Manchester.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No. I don't need to have PMS to do that. I don't know what I'm going to do when the Double Deckers turn up, because I'm not known for rationing when it comes to chocolate. Which reminds me of a story my Mum once told me about when they stopped rationing sweets after the war. It involved sweets, a bus, thirty school children, a ditch and a lot of vomit. But I digress...
Try throwing them in the freezer underneath other food. Ive done that sometimes and find all kinds of chocolate stuff months later that Ive forgotten about....and Im a terrible chocoholic!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.