Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

brown sauce and Simple shampoo

brown sauce and Simple shampoo

Old Jun 30th 2011, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: brown sauce and Simple shampoo

Originally Posted by Deeks
My apologies if this question has been asked a million times already.

Is there any product I can buy here in the states that is similar to brown sauce? Have you actually seen real brown sauce for sale in any US supermarkets?

Also... I used Simple shampoo and conditioner in the UK (Boots also had their own brand of fragrance-free), it was easy to find, available everywhere, reasonably priced. I can't find anything similar here, dye and fragrance free, that doesn't cost a bomb. Have you seen any Simple-like products here at a decent price?

Thankyou!!!
Just don't get drunk and mix the sauce and the shampoo up.

Worse bacon sarnie I ever tasted.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

fromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Titchski
I refuse to purchase HP sauce anymore. Tesco's own brand or Branston only for me following the closure of the factory in Aston* and production move to Holland.

Heinz you bastards

* I may not be a fan of Villa, but some things are unforgivable.
And a matter of time before Kraft f*** Cadbury up one way or another.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

My apologies if this question has been asked a million times already.

Is there any product I can buy here in the states that is similar to brown sauce? Have you actually seen real brown sauce for sale in any US supermarkets?
Stater Bros have a small section of Brit foods including brown sauce.
Old Jul 1st 2011, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brucky
I have found HP difficult to find cheap, here in NW Virginia. $10 for a bottle!
We buy, (Thinks its the small bottle) in Publix FL, $5.99. Way overpriced, but got have it. IN NYC, Food Emporium (A&P) Brit section sold it or Brit stores.

Also seen it in some Chinese, super markets.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Jul 1st 2011, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

I can't find anything similar here, dye and fragrance free, that doesn't cost a bomb. Have you seen any Simple-like products here at a decent price?

Thankyou!!!
I looked in the store today Suave do a kids one called Free and Gentle.
Old Jul 1st 2011, 10:23 am
Just Joined

yumi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
A1 contains High Fructose Corn Syrup, steer well clear, and it tastes shit. HP is easy to get depending on where you are, a lot of Irish stores carry it.
HP also contains HFCS. Glucose-fructose syrup is the same thing as HFCS under a different name. HP here in the UK at least has Glucose-fructose syrup as the third ingredient.
Old Jul 1st 2011, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

We've found Lea & Perrins Steak Sauce preferable to A-1 and a good stand-in for HP or Daddy's. Does have HFCS as 2nd ingredient but tastes better. L&P kind of hard to find around Memphis area - had to stock up in other cities when on holiday. Publix a good source in Nashville.
Old Jul 1st 2011, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Maybe look in the kids/baby shampoo too if you really need it to be fragrance/dye free.
really good idea!! ive been looking for unscented soap and its really hard to find!!
Old Jul 1st 2011, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

Deeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
I looked in the store today Suave do a kids one called Free and Gentle.
Oh thank you!! I'll have a look this weekend.
I did look for Lea & Perrins steak sauce yesterday but didn't find it yet. I'll keep looking.
Or I'll do some amazon shopping because now I wish I had some Bisto gravy too. The list keeps getting longer of "stuff I wish I'd brought with me". :-)
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 4:45 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
really good idea!! ive been looking for unscented soap and its really hard to find!!
I see Pears soap, in lots of different stores, here in FL. Know I have seen it in other States.

Reg. Frank R
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
I see Pears soap, in lots of different stores, here in FL. Know I have seen it in other States.

Reg. Frank R
Tons of it in The Dollar Tree