Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

British Lemonade for Pimms

British Lemonade for Pimms

Old Apr 12th 2020, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Amy288 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Lemonade for Pimms

So I walked into a liquor store yesterday and they had one random bottle of Pimms (small town Kentucky we don’t have anything international here usually)

does anyone know where I can get British style lemonade from to have with it?

would sprite work or does the lime make it taste different?
Old Apr 12th 2020, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Lemonade for Pimms

To the best of my knowledge, Sprite (or 7Up) is the best you're going to do. You may find an off-brand with a closer taste if they don't work, but I doubt it.

Try the Light or Diet varieties as sometimes they taste different to their sugary counterparts.
Old Apr 12th 2020, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Guindalf
To the best of my knowledge, Sprite (or 7Up) is the best you're going to do. You may find an off-brand with a closer taste if they don't work, but I doubt it.

Try the Light or Diet varieties as sometimes they taste different to their sugary counterparts.

thank you that’s what I suspected there’s actually a random British owned ice cream store here and they sell pimms on tap and it just tastes different. I guess I’m going to have to learn to like it that way!
Old Apr 13th 2020, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

Location: from Yorkshire, via Hampshire and Surrey to NC Triangle
mommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to all

Trust me, use ginger ale.
Old Apr 13th 2020, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mommapudding
Trust me, use ginger ale.
I never would have thought to try that, will give it a go!
Old Apr 14th 2020, 11:15 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amy288
does anyone know where I can get British style lemonade from to have with it?
would sprite work or does the lime make it taste different?
Sprite and 7Up are definitely different to 'straight' lemonade but preferable to my taste when I have it with Scotch.

But which Brit Lemonade do you mean?

The clear one or the lemony looking one?

Up here we can get the lemony looking one so I would think you could too. It's fizzy and cloudy

Old Apr 15th 2020, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

sid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond reputesid nv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Sprite and 7Up are definitely different to 'straight' lemonade but preferable to my taste when I have it with Scotch.

But which Brit Lemonade do you mean?

The clear one or the lemony looking one?

Up here we can get the lemony looking one so I would think you could too. It's fizzy and cloudy

Brit Lemonade would be R White's I suppose. But Scotch and lemonade? My dismay knew no depth when I read this. I immediately did a google for scotch and lemonade in the hope that scotch drinkers would be universally disgusted by this concept, only to read that is is a popular mix in the West of Scotland, of all places. What next, Scotch with Dandelion and Burdock? Everything I thought went unsaid is becoming unravelled.

Old Apr 15th 2020, 3:57 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sid nv
.... What next, Scotch with Dandelion and Burdock? Everything I thought went unsaid is becoming unravelled. ....
Scotch and Irn Bru?
Old Apr 15th 2020, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Scotch and Ginger Ale - also known as a Glasgow Mule!!!

(This is what my Dad actually drank).
Old Apr 15th 2020, 4:48 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guindalf
Scotch and Ginger Ale - also known as a Glasgow Mule ...
That's not bad, though I would suggest that ginger wine would be better - a "Whisky Mac" - IME most pubs have a bottle of Stone's Ginger Wine behind the bar.

Last edited by Pulaski; Apr 15th 2020 at 4:52 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2020, 9:11 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sid nv
Brit Lemonade would be R White's I suppose. But Scotch and lemonade? My dismay knew no depth when I read this. I immediately did a google for scotch and lemonade in the hope that scotch drinkers would be universally disgusted by this concept, only to read that is is a popular mix in the West of Scotland, of all places. What next, Scotch with Dandelion and Burdock? Everything I thought went unsaid is becoming unravelled.

Ever watch M*A*S*H?
Col. Henry Blake regularly drank Whisky & 7Up.

Way back in 78 I was on a flight LA to Seattle, offered a drink and being inexperienced beyond pints or Southern Comfort I remembered Henry Blake. There was a free packet of dry roasted nuts and it was the perfect mix.

Every plane since has only ever had lemonade and never 7Up or Sprite. It's just not the same.