BritBox

Old Mar 8th 2017, 8:37 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BritBox

Originally Posted by mrken30
It's like netflix was 10 years ago. The streaming option let you watch 10 year old shows, but now it has more up to date shows. I do not want to watch many things older than a year. I would like to be able to watch some BBC and ITV current affairs shows. Problem is always with copyright. For instance Mio Mao is show on channel 5 in the UK, but it is also shown on sprout in the US. Also is Britbox and BBC America related?
None of the existing options for viewing have gone away. Just keep using them (as will I for content I can get no other way).
If you can also afford to throw 6 bucks at the beeb then so much the better. Hopefully, if this thing gets some support, content will come.If no one ponies up for it, then it cant come as much of a surprise if it fails.

Most of the content on "BBC America" never screened on the BBC in the first place. As far as I know, that is (was?) some lash up with BBC Worldwide and AMC?
Old Mar 8th 2017, 8:45 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30
Also is Britbox and BBC America related?
Truly amazing what they have posted on their web site.

Who owns BritBox?

BritBox is a joint venture between BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm of the BBC, and ITV, the UK’s biggest commercial broadcaster. AMC Networks, which has a joint venture with BBC Worldwide for cable channel BBC AMERICA, is investing in BritBox with a non-voting minority interest. BBC Worldwide and ITV share an equal majority stake in the joint venture.

Why can’t I find any of the BBC America shows on BritBox?

Our goal is to unlock access to more great British programmes, adding to what you can already get on BBC America and other TV and digital outlets.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 8:51 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
Truly amazing what they have posted on their web site.

Who owns BritBox?

BritBox is a joint venture between BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm of the BBC, and ITV, the UK’s biggest commercial broadcaster. AMC Networks, which has a joint venture with BBC Worldwide for cable channel BBC AMERICA, is investing in BritBox with a non-voting minority interest. BBC Worldwide and ITV share an equal majority stake in the joint venture.

Why can’t I find any of the BBC America shows on BritBox?

Our goal is to unlock access to more great British programmes, adding to what you can already get on BBC America and other TV and digital outlets.
If memory serves, it was TBS prior to AMC showing up. Or TLC... T something something.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 8:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
None of the existing options for viewing have gone away. Just keep using them (as will I for content I can get no other way).
If you can also afford to throw 6 bucks at the beeb then so much the better. Hopefully, if this thing gets some support, content will come.If no one ponies up for it, then it cant come as much of a surprise if it fails.

Most of the content on "BBC America" never screened on the BBC in the first place. As far as I know, that is (was?) some lash up with BBC Worldwide and AMC?
I am totally with you on that. I feel guilty for watching shows for free. I do pay for BBC America, but watch very little, which makes me feel a little better. $6 a month is less than the license fee.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Just checked it out. Jesus ****ing Christ! Darling Buds Of May? Are You Being Served? ****ing Boon?!?!?! I was hoping it would be a legal iPlayer/ itv player full of stuff like Have I Got News For You, Celebrity Juice, 6 Nations! I think I'm gonna stick with my dns service at the mo. Talking of which, what do people use that still work? Both UNOtelly and Overplay stopped working for me.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by markonline1
Just checked it out. Jesus ****ing Christ! Darling Buds Of May? Are You Being Served? ****ing Boon?!?!?! I was hoping it would be a legal iPlayer/ itv player full of stuff like Have I Got News For You, Celebrity Juice, 6 Nations! I think I'm gonna stick with my dns service at the mo. Talking of which, what do people use that still work? Both UNOtelly and Overplay stopped working for me.
Still using UNOtelly here. In fact I just renewed. No issues. I'm watching iPlayer as I write this.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 9:33 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Overplay stopped working for me.
I used it yesterday no problems. Well not their VPN but the SmartDNS.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Still using UNOtelly here. In fact I just renewed. No issues. I'm watching iPlayer as I write this.
Originally Posted by lansbury
I used it yesterday no problems. Well not their VPN but the SmartDNS.
Weird. I Just kept getting the message an error had occurred and nothing would work. May try reinstalling and having another go.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 9:47 pm

Weird. I Just kept getting the message an error had occurred and nothing would work. May try reinstalling and having another go.
Hurry up!

Bargain Hunt is on.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 10:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

I was using IBVPN with success past few year. Just didn't bother renewing this year as we don't get to watch much TV with young kids. Netflix Amazon and cable gives us enough TV. Along with youtube.

Last edited by mrken30; Mar 8th 2017 at 10:35 pm.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurry up!

Bargain Hunt is on.
I was more of a Flog It guy. Even queued once for about 5 hours to get on. They weren't interested in my junk though, never made the final cut.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 10:27 pm

I'm watching a Question of Sport live on BBC1 using Overplay SmartDNS as I type this
Old Mar 8th 2017, 10:30 pm

I was more of a Flog It guy. Even queued once for about 5 hours to get on. They weren't interested in my junk though, never made the final cut.
Flog it is up next. They are in Lincolnshire.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 10:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I can watch channel 5 without the need of vpn
Old Mar 8th 2017, 10:38 pm

Flog it is up next. They are in Lincolnshire.
Grimsby and he'll miss it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.