Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

A bizarre American habit

A bizarre American habit

Old Mar 3rd 2009, 8:07 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A bizarre American habit

The best part of all of this is knowing that elfman took the photo (with his phone?) from his car just to post it here on BE. That is funny.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 9:25 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
The best part of all of this is knowing that elfman took the photo (with his phone?) from his car just to post it here on BE. That is funny.
actually I used my wife's phone
so there
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny

Our Christmas tree is in a part of the house that you'd have to BE in the back garden to see. How long we keep it up is our business.
Amen.....
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 12:03 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tamms_1965
It is called laziness. If you can manage to put them up in the cold, you can take them down in the cold. It took hubby longer than I liked last year to take them down, so I opted out of outside lights this year (never wanted them anyway...his idea, I prefer a single electric candle in each window and a wreath on the door).
easier said than done when you put them up before the snow and then they get snowed down and frozen to the ground etc, you'll just break the snot out of the bulbs, wiring or whatever.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 1:42 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
actually I used my wife's phone
so there
I feel so stupid now.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 1:43 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Bob
easier said than done when you put them up before the snow and then they get snowed down and frozen to the ground etc, you'll just break the snot out of the bulbs, wiring or whatever.
Did you notice the conspicuous lack of snow in the Elfin one's photo?
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 1:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm...we have about a foot of snow...Elfie is about 25 miles from me.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 2:01 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hmmm...we have about a foot of snow...Elfie is about 25 miles from me.
Yeah but at the time he took the photo that obviously wasn't the case.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 2:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Its a conspiracy!
Old Mar 12th 2009, 10:09 pm
UNFORGIVABLE

YoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of light

Now this is obviously completely harmless and inoffensive, I just think it's a bit strange how many people here seem to leave their exterior christmas decorations up for months after christmas. I took this photo this morning in our heighbourhood. Quite a few houses round here also still have christmas wreaths on the front door.
LOL Its not just in the US

A house in the next estate over form where i use to live had small Xmas decorations in the window all year. I bet if i went back they would still be that window lol . Even after five years !!
Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:08 am
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Now this is obviously completely harmless and inoffensive, I just think it's a bit strange how many people here seem to leave their exterior christmas decorations up for months after christmas. I took this photo this morning in our heighbourhood. Quite a few houses round here also still have christmas wreaths on the front door.
Funny how someone recently praising the merits of Health and Safety see's fit to take pictures from the vehicle.

Go on...now tell me you were stationary
Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:15 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Funny how someone recently praising the merits of Health and Safety see's fit to take pictures from the vehicle.

Go on...now tell me you were stationary
have a look at the photo a bit more closely, then answer the following questions:

1. in which of the front seats does it look like the person who took the photo was sitting?
2. on which side of the car is the driver's seat in cars sold in the USA?
Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:25 am
WTF?

have a look at the photo a bit more closely, then answer the following questions:

1. in which of the front seats does it look like the person who took the photo was sitting?
2. on which side of the car is the driver's seat in cars sold in the USA?
He forgot which country you drive in.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:34 am
A lion in your lap

He forgot which country you drive in.
Looks that way, doesn’t it
To think that a safety conscious person such as myself would act in such an irresponsible and dangerous manner: I had of course handed the wheel to my 3-year old daughter while I took the photo.

Last edited by elfman; Mar 13th 2009 at 5:38 am.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:38 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Looks that way, doesn’t it
Well if you took that photo from Blighty then I'd like to know what lens you used!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.