BBC America

Old Oct 11th 2006, 6:55 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice
Default Re: BBC America

Originally Posted by britvic
Coor bloody lovely, you must feel sorry for me on my own Thankyou.
I found it last year sometime. He's lovely.

Love how he writes about his wife and kids....
Old Oct 11th 2006, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by valscot
Is it me or does the vast amount of the programming 'makes you want to turn of your television and do something less boring instead' Why Don't You , summer holiday TV of the 70's. Don't get me wrong some of it is really good ie Life on Mars, Wire in the Blood etc.. but endless Cash in the Attic etc no more. We should all come together and demand better or our missionary work in the US will be in vane, as the Americans will think Benny Hill is still alive and we all piss ourselves laughing at him. I did at one point only so as I wouldn't be sent to bed!
It is pot luck with BBCA I have found that late night is the best more up to date stuff and watch a few random programs in the week, The Street and Masterchef at the moment...... Jack Dee Friday night is a ritual now..........
American audience tho as someone else just said not catering to British. They must plan programming according to demand and what gets good rating's I would think?
Some Americans I imagine want to envision the Uk as are you being served etc.. cause it's quaint and "cute" stereotypical
Not the more recent controversial stuff/documentary's etc.......
Old Oct 11th 2006, 10:32 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big D
Nope 100% owned BBC - see some of Manc's referenced hundred threads!! Remember it caters to US audience though and isnt an expat chanel
Seen one or two ITV and CH4 progs like Whose Line Is It Anyway on there. Wonder how they got them.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

Arrgh! can't STAND Who's line is it?!!!!! loved Cash in the Attic, first time round, even second wasn't too bad...but really sick of it now!...love Wire in the blood....Murder City...and most Mystery Monday's...Jack Dee is ok sometimes, wish they'd put more Eddie Izzard on though...I always seem to miss when he's on,or catch the end!....Sophia
p.s.sometimes see a few on PBS,but they just keep being repeated...'Hyasanthe'(sp?) always reminds me of my sister!
Old Oct 12th 2006, 2:09 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

I was very excited to see a trailer for "coked up Britain", an insight in to the world of cocaine use in Britain and how dramatically it has touched all walks of life. It was in the last week, not sure when as the TiVo recorded it.
I watched 5 minutes and turned it off. It was trash. It was not a documentary at all, it was portrayed by actors. A stereotypical vision of what the media saw as coke use.
Whatever happened to the real documentaries with real people. The only real people you see on TV these days are the plebs showing their disgusting clamor for attention on marooned on moron island and the like
(and if any Fox executives are reading this - I have registered that idea for a show name)

Originally Posted by Tbag
Old Oct 12th 2006, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony_2003
Seen one or two ITV and CH4 progs like Whose Line Is It Anyway on there. Wonder how they got them.
Bought them - even in the UK a lot of the beeb stuff is done by independent production companies. Just cos they own it doesnt mean they have to only show their own stuff.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 7:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Texas_Dave
I was very excited to see a trailer for "coked up Britain", an insight in to the world of cocaine use in Britain and how dramatically it has touched all walks of life. It was in the last week, not sure when as the TiVo recorded it.
I watched 5 minutes and turned it off. It was trash. It was not a documentary at all, it was portrayed by actors. A stereotypical vision of what the media saw as coke use.
Snap...we did exactly the same.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 8:34 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tbag
It is pot luck with BBCA I have found that late night is the best more up to date stuff and watch a few random programs in the week, The Street and Masterchef at the moment...... Jack Dee Friday night is a ritual now..........
American audience tho as someone else just said not catering to British. They must plan programming according to demand and what gets good rating's I would think?
Some Americans I imagine want to envision the Uk as are you being served etc.. cause it's quaint and "cute" stereotypical

Like the History or the Story of Dung?? I caught that on SSVC some year back.
Actually it was rather interesting.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 9:23 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Thydney, you and I get the same PBS station it seems *wink*

Wedo
Old Oct 12th 2006, 9:26 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Like the History or the Story of Dung?? I caught that on SSVC some year back.
Actually it was rather interesting.

I thought it was a pile of shite
Old Oct 12th 2006, 9:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
I thought it was a pile of shite
Do yer mean it was crap?
Old Oct 12th 2006, 11:57 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Thydney
Wedo
LOLO!
Old Oct 13th 2006, 12:00 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by britvic
I'm in love with Inspector Linley
Aswell as every other under 40 year old male with a pulse.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 12:07 am
looking for the corkscrew

bored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
I'm on my 100th viewing of a thread complaining of BBC america.
I just tried to karma you for that but I haven't been on for so long, I'm backed up.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 12:08 am
Not dead yet

Originally Posted by rushman
Aswell as every other under 40 year old male with a pulse.
That rules you out Rushie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.