BBC America

Old Oct 11th 2006, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

valscot has a reputation beyond reputevalscot has a reputation beyond reputevalscot has a reputation beyond reputevalscot has a reputation beyond reputevalscot has a reputation beyond reputevalscot has a reputation beyond reputevalscot has a reputation beyond reputevalscot has a reputation beyond reputevalscot has a reputation beyond reputevalscot has a reputation beyond reputevalscot has a reputation beyond repute
Default BBC America

Is it me or does the vast amount of the programming 'makes you want to turn of your television and do something less boring instead' Why Don't You , summer holiday TV of the 70's. Don't get me wrong some of it is really good ie Life on Mars, Wire in the Blood etc.. but endless Cash in the Attic etc no more. We should all come together and demand better or our missionary work in the US will be in vane, as the Americans will think Benny Hill is still alive and we all piss ourselves laughing at him. I did at one point only so as I wouldn't be sent to bed!
Old Oct 11th 2006, 4:25 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC America

Originally Posted by valscot
Is it me or does the vast amount of the programming 'makes you want to turn of your television and do something less boring instead' Why Don't You , summer holiday TV of the 70's. Don't get me wrong some of it is really good ie Life on Mars, Wire in the Blood etc.. but endless Cash in the Attic etc no more. We should all come together and demand better or our missionary work in the US will be in vane, as the Americans will think Benny Hill is still alive and we all piss ourselves laughing at him. I did at one point only so as I wouldn't be sent to bed!
The trouble is I don't think it's actually the BBC, it's a franchise (I could be wrong) Try some of your local PBS stations, you get some good British shows turning up at the strangest times of the day.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 4:32 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
The trouble is I don't think it's actually the BBC, it's a franchise (I could be wrong) Try some of your local PBS stations, you get some good British shows turning up at the strangest times of the day.
Yes ours has a Friday night lineup of :- Keeping up Appearances, As Time Goes By, Are You Being Served, Waiting for God, Last of the Summer Wine and "Good Neighbors" (the Good life).

How are the mighty fallen...wouldn't have given them houseroom at home.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 4:38 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
Yes ours has a Friday night lineup of :- Keeping up Appearances, As Time Goes By, Are You Being Served, Waiting for God, Last of the Summer Wine and "Good Neighbors" (the Good life).

Sometimes Top Gear shows up on either Speed or Discovery Channel. I woke up one night to find Red Dwarf on the TV There doesn't seem to be a pattern.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 4:40 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Sometimes Top Gear shows up on either Speed or Discovery Channel. I woke up one night to find Red Dwarf on the TV There doesn't seem to be a pattern.
"Lucky Dip" approach to programme planning
Old Oct 11th 2006, 2:06 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

I think I'm on my 100th viewing of all of those shows you've mentioned.....

It was quite nice to actually see some of those again - hadn't seen them since I was a kid and then it was in black and white as we didn't have color tv in the colonies at the time..
Old Oct 11th 2006, 2:44 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
I think I'm on my 100th viewing of all of those shows you've mentioned.....
I'm on my 100th viewing of a thread complaining of BBC america.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 2:53 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

haha pretty sad eh
Old Oct 11th 2006, 3:08 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Our PBS is the same but we also get Yes Minister, Open All Hours, Porridge as well as a few newer progs like Foyles War, Inspector Linley and a few others worth watching.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 3:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
Our PBS is the same but we also get Yes Minister, Open All Hours, Porridge as well as a few newer progs like Foyles War, Inspector Linley and a few others worth watching.
I'm in love with Inspector Linley
Old Oct 11th 2006, 4:10 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

haha isn't it funny how that happens! For a while I looked forward to watching Eastenders every Sun night...haven't seen it since last Xmas though, what's the bet if I did, I'd pick up the storyline right where it left off *lol*

I actually watched an episode of The Office too ...the documentary style was different but I've not worked in an office so I only found it moderately funny but it was fun to watch just for the accents

As for Last of the Summer Wine I loved that when I was a kid , makes me cringe now though...it's AWFUL!
Old Oct 11th 2006, 4:13 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
Open All Hours, wish ours did...Graaaanville!!
Old Oct 11th 2006, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Nope 100% owned BBC - see some of Manc's referenced hundred threads!! Remember it caters to US audience though and isnt an expat chanel
Old Oct 11th 2006, 6:38 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by britvic
I'm in love with Inspector Linley
Here we are then :

http://www.nathanielparker.com/cms/

Thydney, you and I get the same PBS station it seems *wink*
Old Oct 11th 2006, 6:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Here we are then :

http://www.nathanielparker.com/cms/

Thydney, you and I get the same PBS station it seems *wink*
Coor bloody lovely, you must feel sorry for me on my own Thankyou.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.