Bad mommy?

Old Mar 13th 2008, 2:53 pm

JEM3110 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bad mommy?

Originally Posted by Hiro11

Here's another winner of an "officer" (this guy at least got suspended):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GgWrV8TcUc

I love his little car.
Christ! he looks (and sounds) like my next door neighbour...what a power crazy a$$hole!
Old Mar 13th 2008, 2:57 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
What's your interest?
Why what do you mean?
Old Mar 13th 2008, 2:58 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

But he ain't old!
Just fat. Fully equiped with mustache and "I am a complete tool" sunglasses.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 3:00 pm

Update today: someone finally came to their senses and threw out all of the charges.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,3750707.story

Unbelievable story. It's even worse once you study the details: it was sleeting and the kid was asleep, she shut the car off and put the hazards on, she was about 20 feet away for less than 5 minutes etc, etc. She did everything in a completely responsible manner.

In response, the idiot handcuffed her and threw her in the back of a police car in front of her kids.

This "community safety officer" should be fired, as should everyone else who allowed this to drag on for four months. Shameful.
Thank God, common sense has prevailed! Interesting newspaper article, at least I now know the law on such matters in my home state:

"In Illinois, parents who leave a child unattended in a car for 10 minutes can be charged with misdemeanor child endangerment, which carries a penalty of up to a year in jail and a $2,500 fine."
Old Mar 13th 2008, 3:00 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Update today: someone finally came to their senses and threw out all of the charges.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,3750707.story

Unbelievable story. It's even worse once you study the details: it was sleeting and the kid was asleep, she shut the car off and put the hazards on, she was about 20 feet away for less than 5 minutes etc, etc. She did everything in a completely responsible manner.

In response, the idiot handcuffed her and threw her in the back of a police car in front of her kids.

This "community safety officer" should be fired, as should everyone else who allowed this to drag on for four months. Shameful.
I'm glad you posted this, I was about to get pissed off. The original incident was a complete overreaction.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 3:21 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew
Why what do you mean?
Just being a moody old man!
Old Mar 13th 2008, 3:23 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Just being a moody old man!
Yes you are being mean, moody, and crabby. Bad PG! Baaaaad!
Old Mar 13th 2008, 3:27 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

It's a character I am expected to play; by young layabouts with nothing to do but post on here.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 5:26 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Showing disrespect to our oldest elder ...will get you in trouble
Miss Ug
Old Mar 13th 2008, 5:37 pm
Riding on silver wings

Originally Posted by Ray
Showing disrespect to our oldest elder ...will get you in trouble
Miss Ug
You know I like trouble Ray Besides he was being mean and grumpy. Stating a fact is not disrespectful. Lying would be.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 5:52 pm
N99sea

naomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad they've dropped the charges, how crazy. The mother could see her child the whole time, wasn't like she went into the store for 30 minutes and couldn't see the kid. I would never leave my daughter in the car if she was out of sight, but what about when you pump gas, or have to return the shopping cart? Glad common sense prevailed.
Naomi.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by naomi
I'm glad they've dropped the charges, how crazy. The mother could see her child the whole time, wasn't like she went into the store for 30 minutes and couldn't see the kid. I would never leave my daughter in the car if she was out of sight, but what about when you pump gas, or have to return the shopping cart? Glad common sense prevailed.
Naomi.
My son is 6 now, so things aren't as difficult as when he was a little 'un but still there are occasions when he just doesn't want to get out of the car - if he's tired or it's too cold outside.

When at the gas station, I try to pay at the pump and use drive-thru's for various other things. Even better to leave him with a neighbour or at home with his dad!
Old Mar 13th 2008, 7:23 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

It is more of a problem in the Summer. It does seem a bit of of an overreaction but you never know--the woman gets hit by a reindeer and no one even thinks to look for the kid.

http://ggweather.com/heat/

STATISTICS

Total number of U.S. hyperthermia deaths of children left in cars, 2007: 35
Total number of U.S. hyperthermia deaths of children left in cars, 2006: 30
Total number of U.S. hyperthermia deaths of children left in cars, 1998-2007: 361
Average number of U.S. child hyperthermia fatalities per year since 1998: 36

Circumstances
An examination of media reports about the 134 child vehicular hyperthermia deaths from 2004 through 2007 shows the following circumstances:
47% - child "forgotten" by caregiver
25% - child playing in unattended vehicle
21% - child intentionally left in vehicle by adult
7% - circumstances unknown
A previous study (Guard, A. & Gallagher, S. S. Heat-related deaths to young children in parked cars: an analysis of 171 fatalities—U.S., 1995-2002. Injury Prevention 11, 33-37) found similar results.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

I had to make this decision at WalMart just before Christmas. I turned up to pick up a huge parcel, my 2yo was asleep in the back, it was snowing.

I knew that recently the police had been called out to the same WalMart because two kids had been left in the car (don't know how long for).

I got a member of staff to watch the car (which was parked illegally) while I ran with my other kids to grab the parcel. I was so stressed the whole time though. I really did think someone was going to arrest me when I got back to the car, or it would have disappeared, or something.

I really don't see the big deal in leaving a child in a car that you can see. Especially if you've got older children with you who know the child is there. What's the worst that could happen and how likely is it to actually happen?
Old Mar 14th 2008, 12:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by JEM3110
A Chicago mother is facing a possible jail sentence for child endangerment after leaving her 2 year old daughter asleep in the car. Just before Christmas, she drove to her local Walmart to donate a bag of coins to the Salvation Army with her 3 daughters. She parked the car outside the store in the loading zone, the 2 yr old was fast asleep so ahe decided to leave her in the car not to disturb her (buckled up, car locked). She then walked with her 2 older daughters, a few yards to the front of the store where the bell ringers were. On her return she was met by the community service officer and consequently arrested.

So, what do think, bad mommy, deserves to go to jail or complete and utter over-reaction by police department?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/mom_on_trial
Seems that child protective services got there incredibly quickly. I wonder if she was being watched because she had done something similar before; and why did she only leave the infant in the car and not the other kids?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.