Bad mommy?

Old Mar 13th 2008, 2:12 am

JEM3110 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bad mommy?

A Chicago mother is facing a possible jail sentence for child endangerment after leaving her 2 year old daughter asleep in the car. Just before Christmas, she drove to her local Walmart to donate a bag of coins to the Salvation Army with her 3 daughters. She parked the car outside the store in the loading zone, the 2 yr old was fast asleep so ahe decided to leave her in the car not to disturb her (buckled up, car locked). She then walked with her 2 older daughters, a few yards to the front of the store where the bell ringers were. On her return she was met by the community service officer and consequently arrested.

So, what do think, bad mommy, deserves to go to jail or complete and utter over-reaction by police department?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/mom_on_trial
Old Mar 13th 2008, 2:17 am
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad mommy?

Originally Posted by JEM3110
A Chicago mother is facing a possible jail sentence for child endangerment after leaving her 2 year old daughter asleep in the car. Just before Christmas, she drove to her local Walmart to donate a bag of coins to the Salvation Army with her 3 daughters. She parked the car outside the store in the loading zone, the 2 yr old was fast asleep so ahe decided to leave her in the car not to disturb her (buckled up, car locked). She then walked with her 2 older daughters, a few yards to the front of the store where the bell ringers were. On her return she was met by the community service officer and consequently arrested.

So, what do think, bad mommy, deserves to go to jail or complete and utter over-reaction by police department?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/mom_on_trial
Crikey. When I was growing up, my parents would stick me in the back of the Volvo with a rusk and there I'd sit all day, while they went shopping or something. Didn't do me any harm.

Total overreaction by the police.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 2:22 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

what exactly is a community service officer? and why is he arresting people?
Old Mar 13th 2008, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by Manc
Dunno if he actually did the arrest... I guess he called for back up?
Old Mar 13th 2008, 2:31 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roland Hulme
Crikey. When I was growing up, my parents would stick me in the back of the Volvo with a rusk and there I'd sit all day, while they went shopping or something. Didn't do me any harm.
Now that is debatable....

Old Mar 13th 2008, 2:33 am

The thing is, I know so many mothers who do this on a daily basis, when it's pick up time down at my son's school. If the kid is fast asleep, the weather is appalling and you're only going to be gone for a couple of minutes -what's the problem?
Old Mar 13th 2008, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
Here a community service officer has limited powers, basically goes around giving parking tickets, older moody bastards. Totally jumped the gun.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 2:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JEM3110
Dunno if he actually did the arrest... I guess he called for back up?

After reading that I am wondering if maybe the mothers reaction to the community officer is what caused the arrest. Sometimes people react in a negative and defensive way, especially if their parenting skills are being questioned. She may have only got a slap on the wrist and a warning but if she became abusive or argumentive to the officer it might have caused the arrest. Just my thoughts.......
Old Mar 13th 2008, 2:38 am
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Update today: someone finally came to their senses and threw out all of the charges.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,3750707.story

Unbelievable story. It's even worse once you study the details: it was sleeting and the kid was asleep, she shut the car off and put the hazards on, she was about 20 feet away for less than 5 minutes etc, etc. She did everything in a completely responsible manner.

In response, the idiot handcuffed her and threw her in the back of a police car in front of her kids.

This "community safety officer" should be fired, as should everyone else who allowed this to drag on for four months. Shameful.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 2:41 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bevinva
Here a community service officer has limited powers, basically goes around giving parking tickets, older moody bastards. Totally jumped the gun.
Oy, quit the stereotyping, we're not all moody, no respect, you bloody kids are all the same.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 2:43 am
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
Oy, quit the stereotyping, we're not all moody, no respect, you bloody kids are all the same.

Here's another winner of an "officer" (this guy at least got suspended):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GgWrV8TcUc

I love his little car.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 2:43 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

You should become a Wal-Mart greater when you grow up. You'd be fabu at the job I think.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 2:46 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew
You should become a Wal-Mart greater when you grow up. You'd be fabu at the job I think.
What's your interest?
Old Mar 13th 2008, 2:51 am
The Unmod

Originally Posted by Hiro11

Here's another winner of an "officer" (this guy at least got suspended):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GgWrV8TcUc

I love his little car.
But he ain't old!
Old Mar 13th 2008, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't sure if you or Ray would get there first!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.