Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

BA 100K Chase card offer is back

BA 100K Chase card offer is back

Old Apr 6th 2012, 7:13 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default BA 100K Chase card offer is back

The offer is back for its third annual outing, although the spend requirements are a tad more hefty than before (still, there are ways and means).

Details here.

It's actually worth spending that much on it anyway as a $30K annual spend gets you the 2-4-1 voucher which effectively doubles your miles. The resulting 137,500 miles + voucher would get two people from Chicago (and points east) to Europe in First Class or in Business from the West Coast (all plus taxes and fees).
Old Apr 6th 2012, 7:52 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BA 100K Chase card offer is back

Originally Posted by tonrob
The offer is back for its third annual outing, although the spend requirements are a tad more hefty than before (still, there are ways and means).

Details here.

It's actually worth spending that much on it anyway as a $30K annual spend gets you the 2-4-1 voucher which effectively doubles your miles. The resulting 137,500 miles + voucher would get two people from Chicago (and points east) to Europe in First Class or in Business from the West Coast (all plus taxes and fees).
Thanks for posting this, I signed up last year but hubby was refused. Try again this year for him.

Have you any advise on spending miles? I've looked a few times for various destinations at various times of the year and always get the 'no flights available' message. It's very annoying.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

dinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by N1cky
Have you any advise on spending miles?
There's more info on this Flyertalk thread than you ever likely need :-)
Old Apr 6th 2012, 8:01 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dinosaur
There's more info on this Flyertalk thread than you ever likely need :-)
Thank you. I remember looking at it when Tonrob posted it earlier, but couldn't find it again.
Old Apr 7th 2012, 3:28 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
Thanks for posting this, I signed up last year but hubby was refused. Try again this year for him.

Have you any advise on spending miles? I've looked a few times for various destinations at various times of the year and always get the 'no flights available' message. It's very annoying.
I've had lots of success using mine. Since we originally got the card late in 2009 and started accumulating BA miles in earnest, we've done:
  • Miles to upgrade (WT+ to Club World) BOS-LHR-NCE
  • Club World redemption BOS-LHR-FRA
  • AA First Class redemption BDL-DFW-SAN (open jaw, return from SFO)

Booked but not yet traveled:
  • First Class redemption YVR-LHR-DUS (one way)
  • Club World redemption MAN-LHR-BOS

I think being flexible on dates and also traveling a route that has 3 flights per day has helped.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 3:25 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Theres a link in the article that goes to the avios website - everything on there seems to be set up for UK customers. Do you need to register as such, or are they (avios) OK with US based customers? I used to be a BA shareholder, and lost a lot of perks once I was no longer UK based.....
Old Apr 8th 2012, 11:56 am
Septic Sprout

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Theres a link in the article that goes to the avios website - everything on there seems to be set up for UK customers. Do you need to register as such, or are they (avios) OK with US based customers? I used to be a BA shareholder, and lost a lot of perks once I was no longer UK based.....
The site has versions for many countries, including US. Program itself is ok for everyone.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 3:06 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
The site has versions for many countries, including US. Program itself is ok for everyone.
Huh - thts odd - I just tried to register at avios.com and was told
" To collect Avios and join the scheme, you need an address in the UK, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands"
Old Apr 8th 2012, 3:27 pm
Septic Sprout

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Huh - thts odd - I just tried to register at avios.com and was told
" To collect Avios and join the scheme, you need an address in the UK, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands"
Use ba.com, not avios.com.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 3:51 pm
Septic Sprout

For those interested, here's the first of what promises to be a multi-part series of mini-articles written by a travel blogger on how best to use BA miles.

The guy's a bit of a tosser, but he does have a reputation for taking the often-complex characteristics of airline and hotel programmes and explaining them in a much simpler way:

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2012/0...es/#more-11038