Hotel Accomodation

Old Apr 8th 2012, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

jakamarra is just really nicejakamarra is just really nicejakamarra is just really nicejakamarra is just really nicejakamarra is just really nicejakamarra is just really nicejakamarra is just really nicejakamarra is just really nicejakamarra is just really nice
Default Hotel Accomodation

Since I came back to the UK, Hinckley in fact just over a year ago, I have been traveling around. As a pensioner I have the time but not necessarily the money.

In May I have booked a trip by train to Edinburgh I am now in the process of trying to find some cheap accommodation. Now this is where the internet search fails. As soon as you put "Budget" or "Cheap" in the search engine you get numerous agencies offering some of the most expensive hotels. If you walk around any city you can find plenty at prices between £20 and £30 but these are not on the internet. Tourist centres only offer what they get a return for.

So my question is in two parts. Anyone have any tricks for finding real cheap accommodation and any suggestions for Edinburgh.

Robert...
I love being home.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 12:43 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hotel Accomodation

Have a look at http://www.booking.com/index.en-us.h...6caf3b1;dcid=1 I do quite well on there.
Sometimes it's good to go to the chain hotels actual website too.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Robert, I was bored at home so did search. I found a place called Pollock Halls which according to Expedia website offers rates beginning at 28 GPB per night for bed and breakfast. Also whenever I plan to visit places I do lot of research but any additional questions I have I post on tripadvisor.com. You may want to post note on there and see if anyone knows of cheap accommodations. Good luck. i love Edinburgh..
Old Apr 9th 2012, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Also http://www.euro-hostels.co.uk/edinbu...ate-apartments and you could even try priceline.com.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 6:59 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Check out

Http://www.airbnb.com

And type in Edinburgh - no need to put in dates initially until you want to narrow it down.

Hope it helps!