Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Austerity - myth or reality?

Austerity - myth or reality?

Old Nov 7th 2019, 2:51 pm
Banned

hrowen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Austerity - myth or reality?

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Of course it exists. Why is that even a question? It has been stated government policy for years. It's hardly a secret.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...rity_programme
Just because they say it is it doesnt appear to affected those who have never paid into the system in the first place. I remember before leaving the UK a few years back one of my last abiding memories was going to the local fireworks display and seeing umpteen buggies being pushed around by moms with smart phone in one hand, fag in the other. They seem to be more worried about who is going to win the latest reality TV show rather than any financial concerns. Perhaps the food stamps model should be employed there, welfare should not be used for cigarettes or alcohol period!
Old Nov 7th 2019, 2:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hrowen
I remember before leaving the UK a few years back one of my last abiding memories was going to the local fireworks display and seeing umpteen buggies being pushed around by moms with smart phone in one hand, fag in the other. They seem to be more worried about who is going to win the latest reality TV show rather than any financial concerns.
How do you know those women weren't working full-time jobs or running their own successful businesses? You seem to be making a heck of a lot of assumptions about a heck of a lot of people.
Old Nov 7th 2019, 3:00 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Just because they say it is it doesnt appear to affected those who have never paid into the system in the first place. I remember before leaving the UK a few years back one of my last abiding memories was going to the local fireworks display and seeing umpteen buggies being pushed around by moms with smart phone in one hand, fag in the other. They seem to be more worried about who is going to win the latest reality TV show rather than any financial concerns. Perhaps the food stamps model should be employed there, welfare should not be used for cigarettes or alcohol period!

Has anyone ever mentioned to you that anecdotes are not research?
Old Nov 7th 2019, 3:04 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
How do you know those women weren't working full-time jobs or running their own successful businesses? You seem to be making a heck of a lot of assumptions about a heck of a lot of people.

God forbid that mums should take their children to a fireworks display, eh? Slackers!

And holding cell phones!! The nerve!!!
Old Nov 7th 2019, 3:07 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

God forbid that mums should take their children to a fireworks display, eh? Slackers!

And holding cell phones!! The nerve!!!
I used to take my kids to things like circuses, plays and fun fairs. I'm gonna burn in hell.
Old Nov 7th 2019, 3:07 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Thank you very much. In the meantime, I'll practice talking in a deep voice.
OK, good.
Among available roles are;

Herb garden
Bee keeping
manuscript copying
refectory duties
hiding personnel folders from the police

Any preference?
Old Nov 7th 2019, 3:08 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Given that one of them was complaining about the inconvenience of having to go to the job centre in a few days to keep their benefits that seems highly improbable!
Old Nov 7th 2019, 3:11 pm
Banned

Has anyone ever mentioned to you that anecdotes are not research?
Again the billions that are dished out in benefits to those who contribute nothing to society is complete fact.

Why are millions of Eastern Europeans doing jobs lazy Brits wont do, the people on here seem to be ignoring that point then?
Old Nov 7th 2019, 3:15 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Again the billions that are dished out in benefits to those who contribute nothing to society is complete fact.

Why are millions of Eastern Europeans doing jobs lazy Brits wont do, the people on here seem to be ignoring that point then?
So, are you saying that declining a job offer and being lazy are the same thing?
Old Nov 7th 2019, 3:15 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234

OK, good.
Among available roles are;

Herb garden
Bee keeping
manuscript copying
refectory duties
hiding personnel folders from the police

Any preference?
I'm not fussy. Anything that lets me hide in the cellar and drink the wine will be most acceptable.
Although - I guess that only leaves hiding personnel folders from the police. Put me down for that one please.
Old Nov 7th 2019, 3:17 pm
Heading for Poppyland

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I'm not fussy. Anything that lets me hide in the cellar and drink the wine will be most acceptable.
Although - I guess that only leaves hiding personnel folders from the police. Put me down for that one please.
Old Nov 7th 2019, 3:19 pm
Concierge

Is a complete fact different to an ordinary fact? What is an incomplete fact?
Old Nov 7th 2019, 3:20 pm
Concierge

See you there Brother (starting my method acting regime now)
Old Nov 7th 2019, 3:31 pm
Banned

So, are you saying that declining a job offer and being lazy are the same thing?

Pretty much yes when welfare offers the easier option but none of you are answering the question!

Why are millions of Eastern Europeans doing jobs lazy Brits wont do and choose a life on welfare instead?
Old Nov 7th 2019, 3:36 pm
Heading for Poppyland

Pretty much yes when welfare offers the easier option but none of you are answering the question!

Why are millions of Eastern Europeans doing jobs lazy Brits wont do and choose a life on welfare instead?
Is a life on welfare easy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.