Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Washington State?

Anyone in Washington State?

Old Aug 30th 2010, 8:36 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Washington State?

Originally Posted by meauxna
There's a new real-deal fish & chip shop on N Killingsworth at I-5,
My wife doesn't understand me. She doesn't understand that a British man has needs. He needs mushy peas and currry sauce on his chips more than once.

Therefore, I did not make it to anywhere else in Portland except the chippy above (other than the wife insisting that we go to McMenamins)

Anyway the chippy was great, the curry sauce could have done with being thicker, but the chips, fish and mushy peas were all good, as was the Dandelion and Burdock.

Will have to plan another Portland stop so I can sample the Frying Scotsman, and the Pie Shop.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 11:21 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
My wife doesn't understand me. She doesn't understand that a British man has needs. He needs mushy peas and currry sauce on his chips more than once.

Therefore, I did not make it to anywhere else in Portland except the chippy above (other than the wife insisting that we go to McMenamins)

Anyway the chippy was great, the curry sauce could have done with being thicker, but the chips, fish and mushy peas were all good, as was the Dandelion and Burdock.

Will have to plan another Portland stop so I can sample the Frying Scotsman, and the Pie Shop.
Aww.. I'm so sorry you had to eat at a McM's!

Glad to hear Mick's was good.. how was the wait? (that's most people's complaint)
Hope you had a good visit!
Old Aug 30th 2010, 11:30 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Aww.. I'm so sorry you had to eat at a McM's!

Glad to hear Mick's was good.. how was the wait? (that's most people's complaint)
Hope you had a good visit!
Not super fast, but fast enough.
The weekend was really all about a 90th birthday party at a house on the banks of the Kalama river. Stopping off in Portland to bring more guests up. We had a great time floating down the Kalama on Saturday for a few hours.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 3:28 pm
Bulldawgy dawg

Location: Currently living in Medway, Kent UK. Hoping to be living in the Tr-Cities, Washington state, USA
Master_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really nice

Originally Posted by kimilseung

What about chessy chips? Do they do those? And what if you ask for the scraps!? LOL
Old Aug 31st 2010, 3:40 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Mick's sells scraps!
Old Aug 31st 2010, 3:52 pm
Bulldawgy dawg

Location: Currently living in Medway, Kent UK. Hoping to be living in the Tr-Cities, Washington state, USA
Master_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really niceMaster_Bulldog is just really nice

Mick's sells scraps!
YAY! Britain's own contribution to heart attacks! My life in America will be a complete and happy one! LOL