Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Anyone? Columbus Ohio?

Anyone? Columbus Ohio?

Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:40 am
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone? Columbus Ohio?

Originally Posted by tamms_1965
Hey there clarissageo....I grew up in the village next to Amelia (Bethel) and raised my kids in Anderson Twp (on the other side of Amelia). I taught high school at Amelia High for 4 years! Small world.

Let me know if you want the scoop on small town life out there. My bros and lots of other relatives still live in Clermont Co.

Good Luck!
Thanks Tamms!! What years did you teach at Amelia?? I'm assuming by the 1965 that you're not old, but that was the school my hubby went too!!

Go Barons!!! lol
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:41 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mojofilter
I used to go out with a girl from Copmanthorpe ...

Welcome to the States, I've been in Batavia for a couple of months now and I'm loving it (missing my mates so much but apart from that I'm really enjoying myself)

Paul
Like I just posted to clarissageo, I grew up in Clermont Co. and lived there until I was 27. I then moved to Hamilton Co. (Anderson Twp) for the schools. I miss it as I am now in a burb of Dayton. Good luck!
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:43 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clarissageo
Thanks Tamms!! What years did you teach at Amelia?? I'm assuming by the 1965 that you're not old, but that was the school my hubby went too!!

Go Barons!!! lol
I taught from 2000 - 2004. PM me and tell me his name .....please! You've got me curious! My little brother graduated from Glen Este as did my nephew.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:45 am
Queen of my house

Go Barons!!! lol
I graduated from Bethel in '83. Go Tigers! They were a rival of the Barons.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

mojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud of

yip, you'll be just round the corner from me We'll have to meet up and swap immigration stories

I'll even bring my new wife along

Paul

Hey Paul!!

I'm coming over to Amelia in 9 days.... well, just for 87 days to start with then I have to come back for my medical etc.... so i'll be just up the road from you!
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:50 am
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mojofilter
yip, you'll be just round the corner from me We'll have to meet up and swap immigration stories

I'll even bring my new wife along

Paul
Sounds good to me!! We were actually having a house built in Batavia but because of the problems selling the house in the UK which was financing it we had to pull out We're now going to be renting in Amelia, but my sister in law lives in Batavia, and my stepdaughter also (well until we get there )

Send me a PM if you fancy meeting up with the yanks in tow!! lol
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 9:14 am
Just Joined

Location: From York, North Yorkshire, England to Columbus, Ohio USA.
Fiero_GT will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MsElui
reynoldsburg? thats over to the east isnt it? Not been there yet.
Yes it is. It's just to the east of the 270 ring road.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 11:28 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fiero_GT
Yes it is. It's just to the east of the 270 ring road.
ahh - our current rental is the southern part of the city of delaware (up the 23) but our new build house will be in Lewis center.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 2:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
ahh - our current rental is the southern part of the city of delaware (up the 23) but our new build house will be in Lewis center.
Delaware as in the home of Ohio Wesleyan University? I always loved that school.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 1:13 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

yes - ive driven passed that a fair few times .
Old Jul 8th 2008, 1:26 am
Proud owner of a Keg!

Alix is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah - I miss Columbus. I went to Ohio State Uni. Have sweet memories from that city.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 2:21 am
Account Closed

britchik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok - a bit of blantant advertising here (don't flag me!).... as I am now the Assistant Organizer of the Columbus Ohio British Expat Meetup.com group - I am on a recruiting binge and would like to extend my hand of hospitality to all Brits and friends of Brits out there in Ohio....

Join our group.... come to events (we have a Curry / Fawlty Towers night and a Life of Brian at the Ohio Theatre night coming up!!)

Go here - join, introduce yourself and have fun! It's free, there's no obligation to attend any events - but it would be nice if you do!

http://brit.meetup.com/41/

Clare
Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:34 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

yer old mate Manc now live just outside Akron.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 9:36 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

Originally Posted by britchik11
Ok - a bit of blantant advertising here (don't flag me!).... as I am now the Assistant Organizer of the Columbus Ohio British Expat Meetup.com group - I am on a recruiting binge and would like to extend my hand of hospitality to all Brits and friends of Brits out there in Ohio....

Join our group.... come to events (we have a Curry / Fawlty Towers night and a Life of Brian at the Ohio Theatre night coming up!!)

Go here - join, introduce yourself and have fun! It's free, there's no obligation to attend any events - but it would be nice if you do!

http://brit.meetup.com/41/

Clare
already got me months ago!:P
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
yer old mate Manc now live just outside Akron.
And how's Cakron for you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.