Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Anyone? Columbus Ohio?

Anyone? Columbus Ohio?

Old Jan 4th 2008, 11:05 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone? Columbus Ohio?

well I was down in the Cincy area this week working and saw the new Ikea is getting very close to completion. Guys I was working with reckoned its a February opening date, but weren't entirely certain. Anyone else down there know any better
Old Jan 5th 2008, 3:18 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul S
well I was down in the Cincy area this week working and saw the new Ikea is getting very close to completion. Guys I was working with reckoned its a February opening date, but weren't entirely certain. Anyone else down there know any better
It was in the local paper a couple of months ago as being Spring, 2008....whatever that means. Maybe they're ahead of schedule. My UK hubby is more excited about it opening than I am (as is my best friend in Cincy). I've never been to one, but they both tell me it is quite an experience.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 4:26 am
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tamms_1965
I've never been to one, but they both tell me it is quite an experience.

normally its an experience your wallet won't like
Pittsburgh one will still be closer for us up here, but the Cincy one may come in handy when I'm down that way
Old Jan 5th 2008, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't understand the fascination with IKEA. If you want some really nice furniture, Paul, I can recommend some great places in Ohio Amish country.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 7:50 am
now I know my J,C,B's

Originally Posted by Bill_S
Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't understand the fascination with IKEA. If you want some really nice furniture, Paul, I can recommend some great places in Ohio Amish country.
well maybe. Not entirely certain that the Amish make sofa beds identical to the half decent Ikea one we had back in the UK and stupidly gave away to friends rather than bring it with it with us

TBH most of their furniture (Ikea that is) isn't of much interest to me its fixtures/fittings and the like
Old Jan 5th 2008, 12:07 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

i could spend hours in ikea. Its not plush stuff - it cheap and cheerful but you know what you are getting and it has useful unusual stuff.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Soccer Ref will become famous soon enough

I remember IKEA in England....queues to get in at 10am opening time......follow the route-line marked around the store with all the other slow moving hordes.......cheap furniture that looked uncomfortable and had strange Scandinavian names.......all flat packed and not as sturdy when you put it together as it looked in the store....the assembly instructions were totally indecipherable. I think the best items were the kitchen items...definitely NOT those futon things!!
Old Jan 6th 2008, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

catrocks will become famous soon enoughcatrocks will become famous soon enough

We got a coffee table from an Ikea in the Netherlands about 3 years ago and it's still standing strong. It's not the best coffee table in the world but for €90 who's going to complain??

I like Ikea not so much for the furniture either, but the kitchenware, and little things like that I love. Plus, the meatballs are heaven!

I heard it would open Spring 2008 as well, but could be that they're ahead of schedule? Although Spring could be as early as March...
Old Jan 6th 2008, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul S
well maybe. Not entirely certain that the Amish make sofa beds identical to the half decent Ikea one we had back in the UK and stupidly gave away to friends rather than bring it with it with us
You have a point... not sure if the Amish make sofa beds. We've never asked at any of the places we like.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Soccer Ref
I remember IKEA in England....queues to get in at 10am opening time......follow the route-line marked around the store with all the other slow moving hordes.......cheap furniture that looked uncomfortable and had strange Scandinavian names.......all flat packed and not as sturdy when you put it together as it looked in the store....the assembly instructions were totally indecipherable. I think the best items were the kitchen items...definitely NOT those futon things!!
LOL... just add "madhouse parking lot" to that list and it's the IKEA I remember from Toronto!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:42 am
now I know my J,C,B's

Originally Posted by Bill_S
LOL... just add "madhouse parking lot" to that list and it's the IKEA I remember from Toronto!
Bill, thats the norm for ALL Ikea's
Old Jan 12th 2008, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

Skint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond repute

Scheduled opening of the Cincinnati IKEA is March 12th
Old Jan 14th 2008, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

mojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud of

Hi Gang....

Just a quick hello

If all goes well I'll be moving from Merseyside to Cincinnati in April ... I've been visiting there for 4 years now but I've never been there when the Bengals where at home (lucky me eh ) but I have been to a couple of Reds games .

Stay cool,

mojo
Old Jan 14th 2008, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mojofilter
Hi Gang....

Just a quick hello

If all goes well I'll be moving from Merseyside to Cincinnati in April ... I've been visiting there for 4 years now but I've never been there when the Bengals where at home (lucky me eh ) but I have been to a couple of Reds games .

Stay cool,

mojo
Welcome to Cincinnati, a bit early Mojo. You will have just missed our gray rainy winter.

The Bengals games are a lot of fun actually - even though the team has struggled for years. If you're looking for ideas on things to do give a shout.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 1:28 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mojofilter
Hi Gang....

Just a quick hello

Stay cool,

mojo
Welcome!

I was born/grew up in Cinci. and surrounding area. I love it and wish I was still there. I'm further north now in a suburb of Dayton.

Good luck to you.

Last edited by tamms_1965; Jan 15th 2008 at 1:33 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.