Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Any SLADE fans out here?

Any SLADE fans out here?

Old Oct 8th 2007, 5:12 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: Any SLADE fans out here?

Originally Posted by KJ2007
I think you're safe then - I've never heard of Slade, and didn't recognize the song Ray posted.

I have heard the one Rushman posted though - and it's a good one.

Mele Kalikimaka always makes me smile. Some of the youtube links were SCARY though.
Of course you havent heard of Slade....you're an American. Your idea of Christmas is to listen to boring Christmas carols or Bing ****ing Crosby while all standing around an open fire wearing garish patterned Alpine sweaters with flurescent bright smiles to relatives that you really cant stand the sight of.

We're Brits.....we listen to slade in our dressing gowns on Christmas morning, start drinking about 10.30am and usually end up having a fight with the relatives we hate by 1am, then have dinner and drink more and by 5pm the hated relative is our best friend. Well peace and good will an all that.....we get there our own way.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 6:31 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rushman
Of course you havent heard of Slade....you're an American. Your idea of Christmas is to listen to boring Christmas carols or Bing ****ing Crosby while all standing around an open fire wearing garish patterned Alpine sweaters with flurescent bright smiles to relatives that you really cant stand the sight of.

We're Brits.....we listen to slade in our dressing gowns on Christmas morning, start drinking about 10.30am and usually end up having a fight with the relatives we hate by 1am, then have dinner and drink more and by 5pm the hated relative is our best friend. Well peace and good will an all that.....we get there our own way.
Lay off Bing.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 4:26 pm

mdyoung is an unknown quantity at this point

Of course you havent heard of Slade....
They weren't near as big here as they were in the U.K., but they did tour here. I saw them open for Aerosmith in the 70's at the Capital Center near DC. Now you wouldn't have heard them on mainstream U.S. radio, but in the mid 70s there were articles about them in the big U.S. rock magazines Cream and Circus.

Will have to admit that when Quiet Riot covered Cum on Feel the Noize most people here probably didn't know it was a Slade song.

Last edited by mdyoung; Oct 8th 2007 at 4:29 pm.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 5:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Way to burst my bubble Rushman - I thought British holidays were just like in Harry Potter. Everyone wearing handknitted scarfs and sweaters, singing, and shouting "Happy Christmas" to everyone.

No?

Please don't tell me that no one says "And God bless us, every one" at dinner?
Old Oct 8th 2007, 6:41 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJ2007
Please don't tell me that no one says "And God bless us, every one" at dinner?
who is this God person you talk about???

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Lay off Bing.
Whats the difference between Bing Crosby and Walt Disney???
Old Oct 8th 2007, 7:19 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mdyoung
Will have to admit that when Quiet Riot covered Cum on Feel the Noize most people here probably didn't know it was a Slade song.
They murdered that song:curse: .......
Old Oct 8th 2007, 7:58 pm

mdyoung is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
They murdered that song:curse: .......
Then again like the Christmas song being played over and over, it put a good chunk of change in Noddy's pocket, so he probably didn't care.

They tried going to the well again on the second album with Mama Weer All Craze Now, but that didn't go anywhere.

Last edited by mdyoung; Oct 8th 2007 at 8:01 pm.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by Paul S
who is this God person you talk about???

Whats the difference between Bing Crosby and Walt Disney???
Dunno
Old Oct 9th 2007, 12:34 am
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mdyoung
They weren't near as big here as they were in the U.K., but they did tour here. I saw them open for Aerosmith in the 70's at the Capital Center near DC. Now you wouldn't have heard them on mainstream U.S. radio, but in the mid 70s there were articles about them in the big U.S. rock magazines Cream and Circus.

Er that would be Mama were all crazy now!
Old Oct 9th 2007, 1:20 am
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Dunno

Well Bing sings, and Walt Disney

Thankyou, I'll be here all week
Old Oct 9th 2007, 2:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

it was good but certainly not refrigerator good
Old Oct 9th 2007, 2:11 am

God I'm slow today, I've read it 5 times and still don't get it
Old Oct 9th 2007, 2:17 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Glasgae..
Old Oct 9th 2007, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

There was a show on BBC America last night set in Scotland, it was sub titled in English.
I've been around Scots long enough to understand without the sub titles.

Disney = does not
Old Oct 9th 2007, 3:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Very reminiscent of Christmas's past and more to come

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.