Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Any expats in Indianapolis

Any expats in Indianapolis

Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:01 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any expats in Indianapolis

Originally Posted by l0st
Nice What do you do there?
He probably works at IUPUI!
Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

l0st is an unknown quantity at this point

That would indeed be amazing
Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:26 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Nice What do you do there?
I work for North American Van Lines. A bit like 'Chandler' in Friends - I'm a Revenue Processor
Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

I see. Where are you from & what brought you to Fort Wayne?
Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:35 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

I see. Where are you from & what brought you to Fort Wayne?
Love. I was working on a J-1 in the San Francisco are between '98 and '00. Met a lovely Hoosier lass online while out there and the rest is history. One of those online romances that certain worked out. 7 years married and we have 2 kiddiewinkles, with a 3rd on the way.

I'm from a wee town across the Forth from Edinburgh called Dalgety Bay. Famous for nothing. It was a commuter town created in the late 50's for folk working in Edinburgh. Before that it was a vast airstrip and private land.

How 'bout you?
Old Nov 30th 2007, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Dodgykeeps will become famous soon enoughDodgykeeps will become famous soon enough

We've just moved to Springboro, OH a few months ago from South Queensferry - we almost moved to Dalgety Bay in 2000 but I couldn't face the commute over the bridge each morning and we ended up buying a place in Livingston instead!
Old Nov 30th 2007, 7:33 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

Originally Posted by Dodgykeeps
We've just moved to Springboro, OH a few months ago from South Queensferry
Every time the wife and I go home we have a meal at the Hawes Inn. Mmmmmmmm lovely
Old Nov 30th 2007, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Dodgykeeps will become famous soon enoughDodgykeeps will become famous soon enough

I preferred the Ferry Tap myself - I always found the Hawes a bit touristy, especially after it got bought over by that Hotel chain.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 1:35 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Any expats in Indianapolis

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
How 'bout you?
Sorry, having never been to the evidently venerable destination Dalgety Bay, I can't comment there.

I moved to Indy in 2005, in order to study (top 10 business school). I moved here by myself, which was a rather big leap, but has worked out well. I'm from Hampshire and will be going back for Christmas in a little over two weeks. I can't wait! The snow here may very well be festive, but nothing beats Buck's Fizz and Christmas Pudding in the drizzle!
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 3:45 am
Gotta have more cowbell

The snow here may very well be festive, but nothing beats Buck's Fizz and Christmas Pudding in the drizzle!
Never a big fan of Bucks Fizz at Christmas. Worst Eurovision winners ever
Old Mar 6th 2008, 6:13 pm
What are you - 8?

LindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to behold

Is this thread still alive - I live in North Indianapolis/Carmel Clay, right on the border. I have been here since 1987 - make me a grandma - lol. I just got back from England seeing all the kids Gkids and GGdaughter.

Linda
Old Mar 6th 2008, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

Hi Linda,

It certainly is! Great to hear from you. You moved in in 1987, I was only a few years then... What brought you to the US in the first place?

I'm flying home at the weekend for a quick break and cannot wait! Our green and pleasant land
Old Mar 6th 2008, 6:58 pm
What are you - 8?

LindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to beholdLindaBB is a splendid one to behold

I met an American in England - at work. He proposed after two days of hanging out in my office and I kicked him out. We had one dreadful date - wrote for six months - I came over for two weeks - it was hideous, we wrote a bit longer and eventually after many broken promises he came over and was a toad! I suggested he went home and just made up a story for his family and friends so he looked like a hero. From that moment on he begged me to get married - eventually we did, and here we are still together, married 23years next week. Life is stranger than fiction. *smile*

Linda

Last edited by LindaBB; Mar 6th 2008 at 7:00 pm. Reason: He not her - lol
Old Mar 9th 2008, 5:25 am
Carmel Indiana

paul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LindaBB
Is this thread still alive - I live in North Indianapolis/Carmel Clay, right on the border. I have been here since 1987 - make me a grandma - lol. I just got back from England seeing all the kids Gkids and GGdaughter.

Linda
Hiya Linda,

Seen a Grey Nissan Pathfinder with a Union Jack on the front....thats me

usually parked outside target, whilst i'm inside down the booze isle

Moved into our new house now, near 131st and Shelborne.

Regards.

Paul.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 6:04 am
Just Joined

Hi Paul,

Have you just moved to Indy?

If so, same question to you, what draws you hither?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.