British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Any expats in Indianapolis (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/any-expats-indianapolis-481605/)

l0st Sep 17th 2007 3:01 am

Any expats in Indianapolis

Are there are ex-pats in Indianapolis or Indiana in general? I'd love to hear from you :)

katy1234 Oct 30th 2007 4:06 pm

Re: Any expats in Indianapolis

I'm here! :D

25/f/british half of a US-UK couple.

Where are you?!

l0st Oct 30th 2007 4:10 pm

21/m in downtown Indy! I'm from Hampshire & have been here for just under 2 years :)

How about you?

katy1234 Oct 30th 2007 4:11 pm

I work at IUPUI and live on the southside! I'm from Worthing, near Brighton. What on earth brought you here?!

l0st Oct 30th 2007 4:13 pm

What!? Then why on earth don't I know you?? I work at IUPUI, too (and am a student there, which brought me here...)

I grew up near Portsmouth, not too far down the road...

katy1234 Oct 30th 2007 4:16 pm

Ahhh, you might -- which school do you work / study in? I work in School of Ed and Study in SPEA...

l0st Oct 30th 2007 4:18 pm

I'm in the Kelley School of Business (junior) & work for Enrollment Services.

katy1234 Oct 30th 2007 4:25 pm

Are you working today? Are you on the 3rd floor of the ES building in Kelley there.......... I'm on the 3rd floor of the ES building and that's weiiird!!

l0st Oct 30th 2007 4:27 pm

That is odd, indeed. I'm not working today. I'm usually in the UC or Cavanaugh Hall.
How long have you lived here?

katy1234 Oct 30th 2007 4:31 pm

Since March 2006. I'm meeting with another Brit for lunch today! A girl from Oldham -- she's only been here about 6 weeks! There must be hundreds of us hiding away! I know Hampshire well, I have family in Lymington, Sway and Christchurch, and clearly was a regular at the outlet mall down your way!! Who do you work with?

another bloody yank Oct 30th 2007 5:00 pm

Answer up l0st! I want to find out if you two know each other!:lol:

l0st Oct 30th 2007 5:04 pm

Hahaha. We switched to PMs, as the conversation was getting a little in-depth. It turns out that we work in two buildings right next to each other, in offices that work with one another. I'm not sure how we hadn't met before. It seems that there are Britons hiding all over the place...

another bloody yank Oct 30th 2007 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by l0st (Post 5489541)
Hahaha. We switched to PMs, as the conversation was getting a little in-depth. It turns out that we work in two buildings right next to each other, in offices that work with one another. I'm not sure how we hadn't met before. It seems that there are Britons hiding all over the place...

That's cool! See, all you had to do was ask...;)

HoosierDaddy Nov 29th 2007 3:17 pm

Not Indy, but I'm in Fort Wayne. Been here since the Summer of 2000.

l0st Nov 29th 2007 4:03 pm

Nice:) What do you do there?