Ancestry DNA

Old Jan 2nd 2018, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Floridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ancestry DNA

Anyone else get/give this kit as an xmas gift? Just mailed mine and looking forward to the results as i'm a dual national, father American and mother English. Also my partner just sent hers and as she was adopted here at birth is excited to find out her make up!
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Sister Luck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Ancestry DNA

How exciting! I got a kit for Christmas as well! And I'm also adopted. Maybe your partner and I will find out we are related!

Curious...whereabouts in Florida are you? I'm in Orlando.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Floridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond reputeFloridablues has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that would be interesting if you were related! She was born up in the tundra of Minnesota. I'm from England. Oh, and we're just west of you near Lake Louisa.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Got my wife one for Christmas. We'll be sending it off later this week.

We think we've discovered that some of her family were either German or Hungarian migrants that came to the US but obviously that could be wrong so she's excited to find out some more!
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 2:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I was given one for Christmas but it is not Ancestry. It is the 23 and me kit. Not interested in finding long lost relatives and didn't want to pay the fee for Ancestory.com to look up LLR's so hubby gave me this one. Both paternal grandparents were born outside of Warsaw, Poland and maternal grandparents, as was mom and myself, born in Karlshrue, Germany. Interested in finding where past family members may have emigrated from.

Last edited by Rete; Jan 2nd 2018 at 2:06 pm.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I was given one for Christmas but it is not Ancestry. It is the 23 and me kit. Not interested in finding long lost relatives and didn't want to pay the fee for Ancestory.com to look up LLR's so hubby gave me this one. Both paternal grandparents were born outside of Warsaw, Poland and maternal grandparents, as was mom and myself, born in Karlshrue, Germany. Interested in finding where past family members may have emigrated from.
Actually looks like a better deal than the Ancestory one! Bugger
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

I did one a few years back, and was pleasantly surprised to find I was more Irish (now called "Irish, Scottish and Welsh") than anything else at 32%. I have not found any Irish ancestors in my genealogical research at all, but I have a missing great-grandfather (no father listed on my grandfather's birth certificate) and family lore was that he was an Irishman.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty sure you only have to pay Ancestry a few to research records, but I could be wrong.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 2:56 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Bought two from AncestryDNA - one for my maternal grandfather and one for my other half. Hoping to find out more about my African-American ancestry from my grandfather's results and my other half is Australian with English, Irish, Czech, Dutch and German in the mix so her results should be interesting.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Floridablues
Wow, that would be interesting if you were related! She was born up in the tundra of Minnesota. I'm from England. Oh, and we're just west of you near Lake Louisa.

Well, being as that I know I was born here in Florida (St. Pete area), I suppose your partner and I won't be related. But she must be as thrilled as I am. I know NOTHING about my heritage. Was adopted at birth and the records were sealed. I'll have to check back here and see what you guys find out! And wow...yeah...we're practically neighbors!
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 3:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sister Luck
Well, being as that I know I was born here in Florida (St. Pete area), I suppose your partner and I won't be related. But she must be as thrilled as I am. I know NOTHING about my heritage. Was adopted at birth and the records were sealed. I'll have to check back here and see what you guys find out! And wow...yeah...we're practically neighbors!
Have you not watched the tv series "Long Lost Family"? Their last episode (I believe it was the last one) for this past season was two people who were adopted. One was found abandoned on a doorstep and the other had a brother and sister who were products of insemination. They found the abandoned woman's family solely based on her DNA processed from Ancestry and the children of the insemination found both fathers but only one father wanted to know their offspring. Who knows this might work for you if you are interested.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Have you not watched the tv series "Long Lost Family"? Their last episode (I believe it was the last one) for this past season was two people who were adopted. One was found abandoned on a doorstep and the other had a brother and sister who were products of insemination. They found the abandoned woman's family solely based on her DNA processed from Ancestry and the children of the insemination found both fathers but only one father wanted to know their offspring. Who knows this might work for you if you are interested.
I haven't watched an episode yet, but a work colleague was telling me about the show recently. For years I refused to pay for cable, so I was limited to antenna or Netflix/Hulu. But alas, I just moved into a condo that the HOA provides free cable! So I'll have a look and see what channel airs it and have a watch.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 4:13 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Sister Luck
I haven't watched an episode yet, but a work colleague was telling me about the show recently. For years I refused to pay for cable, so I was limited to antenna or Netflix/Hulu. But alas, I just moved into a condo that the HOA provides free cable! So I'll have a look and see what channel airs it and have a watch.

It's on TLC. If you had "on demand" with Comcast, you can watch the episodes that way.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Sister Luck, Same, she knows nothing apart from her adoption went through the Lutheran church service. I really think if when the DNA results arrive she'll be more inclined to make contact with the agency. If you wish we will pm you our findings.

Last edited by Floridablues; Jan 2nd 2018 at 4:18 pm.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

I found out that there must be a big grouping of my genetic family in New Hampshire, which I'd never heard about. And I am 30% Irish

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.