Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Amanda Berry and two others found after being kidnapped 10 years ago!

Amanda Berry and two others found after being kidnapped 10 years ago!

Old May 11th 2013, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amanda Berry and two others found after being kidnapped 10 years ago!

Originally Posted by nateusa
that is so daft. you don't think this bloke knew where to get prozzies in cleveland if he wanted to?

Prospect Ave - so I've heard.
Old May 11th 2013, 4:31 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amanda Berry and two others found after being kidnapped 10 years ago!

Originally Posted by Trixie_b
I was trying to tell YOU he was a rapist, .....
I think that was obvious, and virtually certain, from the moment the story broke, even before the media reports got more specific.
Old May 11th 2013, 4:44 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I can't help but wonder if this might not have happened if prostitution were legal and brought out from the shadows. I'm not saying that I condone it, but sometimes trying to enforce a blanket ban (i) is not effective, and (ii) has other unintended consequences ..... like prohibition, and the similar attempt to outlaw drugs, which were/ are both ineffective and serve mostly to fill up our prisons, enrich a criminal underclass, and dramatically increase the violence in society.
I was trying to tell YOU he was a rapist, because your previous post inferred he was an oversexed individual who may have been prevented by legalized prostitution.
I think that was obvious, and virtually certain, from the moment the story broke, even before the media reports got more specific.
Please don't snip the important part of a quote.
Old May 11th 2013, 5:01 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect that the perp may have been able to relieve his urges if there were legalized brothels.
Brothels don't relieve the urge to be a sociopath.
Old May 11th 2013, 5:04 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
Brothels don't relieve the urge to be a sociopath.
Of course not.
Old May 11th 2013, 5:43 pm

Please don't snip the important part of a quote.
I guess you now know how it feels when the meaning and purpose of what you post is COMPLETELY misconstrued.

The guy is a particularly dangerous rapist. I thought that was so obvious it didn't need to be stated, and was obvious even before the media reports got more complete and specific.
Old May 11th 2013, 5:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Derrygal
I believe the Cleveland police dept has a lot to answer for in this case - also in the case of Anthony Sowell (the mass murderer who had raped and murdered women and their bodies were found in his home a few years ago). Sad to say - if these girls/women had lived in a more affluent suburb of Cleveland I truly believe that more effort would have been made to find them.
I'll agree that the more affluent neighborhoods get more attention but with an estimated 1 in 5 children aged 12-18 runaway, it would take a lot of manpower to track them down. Most are found within a few days but many runaway again.

Last edited by Michael; May 11th 2013 at 6:41 pm.
Old May 12th 2013, 12:13 am
Banned

nateusa will become famous soon enoughnateusa will become famous soon enough

I had taken your earlier post, that first mentioned Iran, as being facetious. Apparently I was wrong.

Personally, I can't think of any social problem or issue that we should be looking to Iran for a solution for.
i was treating one absurd assertion with another.

although some of their punishment tactics wouldn't go amiss for this repulsive sicko.

i am sorry i can't find your post serious enough to even discuss whether or not it has a correlation to such crimes.

secondly i wasn't making a personal insult but just saying your opinion is too silly to be even taken seriously.

nothing personal.

Last edited by nateusa; May 12th 2013 at 12:16 am.
Old May 12th 2013, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by nateusa
..... i am sorry i can't find your post serious ....
Well I'd take your posts more seriously if you could be bothered to write in sentences and use appropriate punctuation.
Old May 12th 2013, 12:58 am
Banned

nateusa will become famous soon enoughnateusa will become famous soon enough

Well I'd take your posts more seriously if you could be bothered to write in sentences and use appropriate punctuation.
no ta.

you have to merit intellectual discussion first.
Old May 12th 2013, 3:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been following Jodi sort off, I am never too sure where entertainment and reporting separate in the US Media.

Hopefully this one does not go to far in this direction.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 4:54 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

http://news.yahoo.com/ohio-man-held-...043015182.html

So that's the end for him.

I suspect closure for the ladies concerned may not come quite so easily......
Old Sep 4th 2013, 5:07 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
http://news.yahoo.com/ohio-man-held-...043015182.html

So that's the end for him.

I suspect closure for the ladies concerned may not come quite so easily......
Ok, so he did kill himself, I just saw it on the news, but it was such a quick unimportant report, I was not sure.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Good riddance to bad rubbish! I guess that's the "life" part of his sentence taken care of, now he just has the 1,000 years to serve.

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 4th 2013 at 12:14 pm.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

NatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond repute

Ironic that he couldn't handle the imprisonment that he subjected the girls to. Although I wondered if it's really that easy to get hold of a noose in a high security prison. I imagine the other prisoners (and maybe even the guards) in there didn't think too highly of him, wonder if there was foul play involved.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.