Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Airline Offers A "Kid-Free Zone"

Airline Offers A "Kid-Free Zone"

Old Apr 12th 2012, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Default Airline Offers A "Kid-Free Zone"

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/12/travel...html?hpt=hp_t3

Wonder if any of the Trans-Atlantic Companies would follow suit?

Jim.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 7:09 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Airline Offers A "Kid-Free Zone"

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/12/travel...html?hpt=hp_t3

Wonder if any of the Trans-Atlantic Companies would follow suit?

Jim.
Good question.

Eb.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 8:29 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Any airline that instituted an annoying twat-free zone would get my business.

Unfortunately the biggest nuisances I've experienced on planes are usually adults (and sometimes they're not even employed by the airline).
Old Apr 12th 2012, 11:51 pm
Banned

Ethelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob

Unfortunately the biggest nuisances I've experienced on planes are usually adults (and sometimes they're not even employed by the airline).
I can't say that I've ever been bothered by kids on a plane. Like you said, the adults tend to be more of a nuisance.

I hate flying.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 1:39 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with the comments on kids on flights - we've only been bothered once that I can remember, and that was when I was in business class with my 4 and 6 year olds who were impeccably behaved (no, really!). The 2 brats in the row in front of us, though, caused absolute mayhem (fighting, throwing pillows, shouting, running up and down the aisle, generally being tw@ts) while their parents slept with bose sound deadening headphones on. I guess the kids were 10-12 yo - certainly old enough to know better. Steward told me to keep them under control. Ahem - my 2 are fine - I've got nothing to do with those 2! So he checked the passenger manifest and woke the parents up - they weren't best pleased, but what the heck?

Ironically, we were only on that flight because we were denied boarding the flight the night before as we had kids with us. It was the KLM (Silverjet operated) business class only flight IAH-AMS and the groundstaff wouldn't check us in as they told us it was adults only, even though we had kids tickets. I suspect it was just overbooked and we were the easiest ones to bump, but still, frigging annoying, especially at Christmas.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 10:22 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Ironically, we were only on that flight because we were denied boarding the flight the night before as we had kids with us. It was the KLM (Silverjet operated) business class only flight IAH-AMS and the groundstaff wouldn't check us in as they told us it was adults only, even though we had kids tickets. I suspect it was just overbooked and we were the easiest ones to bump, but still, frigging annoying, especially at Christmas.
Unbelievable! Involuntary denied boarding for 4 business class passengers - I hope they gave you generous compensation!
Old Apr 13th 2012, 11:29 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

My child behave perfectly well on a plane, and in other places too. This sort of measure would mean that I (and my well-behaved child) would be forced to sit in areas of the plane that were unnaturally full of other people's parental failures. I wouldn't fly on that airline.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 2:04 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Unbelievable! Involuntary denied boarding for 4 business class passengers - I hope they gave you generous compensation!
It was 5 of us actually!

And no, the compensation wasn't really very impressive.

Full story was here....6 years ago, and funny how the details drifted over the years.....starting to see why in his war stories, my grandad always won North Africa singlehanded (with a little help from Monty)

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...Business+Class
Old Apr 14th 2012, 5:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately the biggest nuisances I've experienced on planes are usually adults.
You have that right!