Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Anti frizz Hair products to combat humidity?

Anti frizz Hair products to combat humidity?

Old Apr 2nd 2012, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anti frizz Hair products to combat humidity?

so it's getting to that time of year again where the humidity starts up again.

I'm not an expert on hair products and don't use hairspray, mouse or anything like that on a daily basis, but I would love something that would stop the frizz as soon as I step outside.

If anyone knows of anything that works well please share!

EDIT: I have frizz eaze, it doesn't work well enough though.

Last edited by The Horticulturalist; Apr 2nd 2012 at 4:20 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 4:32 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anti frizz Hair products to combat humidity?

Buzz cut would take care of it
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

I need to find something too. Humidity wasn't such a problem when I was in Indy but now I'm in SC I think unless I wear a hat all the time, and I struggle to find a hat that fits my huge head that is not a baseball cap, my hair will frighten small children!

I've tried Frizz Ease which didn't work so well and a Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave In Cream that is ok but I've yet to get the amount to use correct without putting too much on and making my hair look all greasy.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 4:34 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist
so it's getting to that time of year again where the humidity starts up again.

I'm not an expert on hair products and don't use hairspray, mouse or anything like that on a daily basis, but I would love something that would stop the frizz as soon as I step outside.

If anyone knows of anything that works well please share!

EDIT: I have frizz eaze, it doesn't work well enough though.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 6:27 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Aveda do an anti-frizz thing for humidity. I don't bother though and just get mine cut with extra layers so they curl in the humidity. It is ment to be one that actually works though.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weeze
Aveda do an anti-frizz thing for humidity. I don't bother though and just get mine cut with extra layers so they curl in the humidity. It is ment to be one that actually works though.
I'll try that then
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

I fought this battle for a long time and I have long, curly, wavy hair and when I was living in the Islands I ended up leaving it curly or going to the salon for a blowdry. But now I am in the US I had the keratin protein treatment done and my hair is like silk, straight and never frizzes. It is revolutionary. There are two strengths the mild and the strong - the FDA may be banning the strong one because of formaldehyde vapours so I checked the product and made sure it was safe for me and the stylist. They cost about $150 for the mild and $350 for the strong one. I have it done (the strong one) every 8 months and it looks amazing.

For products Aveda is the way to go!
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 7:12 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist
I'll try that then
You can often get a freebie to try first as well, or a travel sized one. Don't leave Aveda without laughing at the name of the hand cream though-always gets a giggle from me
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:06 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I use Fantasia frizz buster after getting out of the shower. I also put a bit of conditioner on my hands and rub that through and don't rinse right before I get out of the shower. I have a head full of wild corkscrew curls I fought them for years and have finally just given in.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I use Fantasia frizz buster after getting out of the shower. I also put a bit of conditioner on my hands and rub that through and don't rinse right before I get out of the shower. I have a head full of wild corkscrew curls I fought them for years and have finally just given in.
My problem is that I have straight hair, if it turned into curls that would be fine by me but it just turns into frizzy wiry hair as if I've been sitting in a sauna all day.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weeze
You can often get a freebie to try first as well, or a travel sized one. Don't leave Aveda without laughing at the name of the hand cream though-always gets a giggle from me
I had that hand cream when I was in the UK and had it on my desk. I used to love it when my boss would come to my desk and notice it. The guys in the office always seemed to like asking for it too! I was eventually asked to put it in my desk drawer. Too distracting.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 1:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.beautycollection.com/Gift...FaleTAodlxEo7w

This is the best, and believe me living in the Texas humidity I know all about FRIZZ!

I use a small amount and run it through my hair after I wash it while it is still wet. Works a treat!

Last edited by scrubbedexpat097; Apr 3rd 2012 at 1:49 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I have straight hair and straighten it most days, but now that I live in Connecticut, which can get quite humid in the Summer, I've had to change my products. I also get the Keratin treatment, it leaves your hair super silky and manageable (I'm lucky enough that my daughter can do it as she's a hairdresser and gets the stuff at cost ), but I also use any kind of serum once I've dried my hair and after I straighten it. It really annoys my friend over here who puts her straighteners away from April til October or maybe it's just my hair type, I have no clue. I think the more products you put on, to condition and protect definitely help. Failing that, stick it in a baseball cap and forget about it
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Brat1
I have straight hair and straighten it most days, but now that I live in Connecticut, which can get quite humid in the Summer, I've had to change my products. I also get the Keratin treatment, it leaves your hair super silky and manageable (I'm lucky enough that my daughter can do it as she's a hairdresser and gets the stuff at cost ), but I also use any kind of serum once I've dried my hair and after I straighten it. It really annoys my friend over here who puts her straighteners away from April til October or maybe it's just my hair type, I have no clue. I think the more products you put on, to condition and protect definitely help. Failing that, stick it in a baseball cap and forget about it
Is there a similar keratin treatment that I might find on Amazon or at Sally Beauty?
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 1:56 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

My hair is curly and if I want curls I use Beyond the Zone Noodle Head Shampoo, Conditioner and Curling Creme (usually get 3 for 2 at Sally Beauty). If I want straight I GHD it to death and then use a squirt of Keratese Oleo Relax Serum - it's what my hairdresser uses - it's a bit more expensive (think it was $36) but it lasts forever, if you use too much your hair will look glossy instead of shiny.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.