Air travel woes

Old Apr 18th 2013, 6:43 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Air travel woes

Originally Posted by toopie28
keep a wee hankie with whatever your fav smell is.
Kebab.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

markwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
Oh I forgot about the Edgwarbury!! I think It would be expensive tho
im at the premier inn on Edgware road - just a few mins from the station really - its fine only here tonight now
theres the two as well on the A41 - Hilton and cant remember the other one - theres also the Madonna on whitechurch lane
you an Edgware lad? (im assuming you are a he!)
Indeed I am though have not lived in Edgware for many a long year.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 8:16 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Wife found out on our honeymoon that she got airsick...we were doing short 30 minute hops on little Cessnas between different safari camps in southern africa, and she was sick on every single one. Got to the point that the pilot was giving her a couple of sick bags before she even got on the plane. Most flights it was just the 2 of us and the pilot, but on our penultimate flight we had another passenger, an english lady who worked at one of the camps. When she heard about my wifes troubles, she admitted she used to have the same problem, then she gave her an apple to eat on take off - it was the only flight she wasn't sick on. Tried it again on the last flight - same result. Don't know why, but it worked for the 2 of them.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 8:38 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Wife found out on our honeymoon that she got airsick...we were doing short 30 minute hops on little Cessnas between different safari camps in southern africa, and she was sick on every single one. Got to the point that the pilot was giving her a couple of sick bags before she even got on the plane. Most flights it was just the 2 of us and the pilot, but on our penultimate flight we had another passenger, an english lady who worked at one of the camps. When she heard about my wifes troubles, she admitted she used to have the same problem, then she gave her an apple to eat on take off - it was the only flight she wasn't sick on. Tried it again on the last flight - same result. Don't know why, but it worked for the 2 of them.
Shhhh... I think it's less the apple than the belief that the apple helps. I taught one of my bosses a simple trick when I happened to share a flight with him and he had forgotten his Dramamine.

When you begin to believe you are feeling airsick, rub the back of your left hand with your right ten times in a gentle circle, then the back of your right hand with your left ten times in a gentle circle, then do each one nine, eight, seven... all the way down to once per side. You should feel the sickness subside and be gone by the time you finish. If there is any remaining sickness, identify its intensity on a scale of ten to one (for instance, it's about a "four") and rub backwards from that number down to one. If there's still any remaining sickness, again find its level ("it's a three") and work down to one.

This actually worked and he went around teaching it to people, for whom it worked. I was shocked. I honestly made it up out of pure desperation just to distract him from his worry. Maybe it works by a sort of self-hypnosis.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 8:58 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Speedwell
Shhhh... I think it's less the apple than the belief that the apple helps.
But at least you've now made sure it won't work for anyone else who tries it.....
Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:22 pm
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried Airborn
Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:42 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
But at least you've now made sure it won't work for anyone else who tries it.....
Nothing I can say is going to shake the belief of someone who believes in it.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 10:31 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I get travel sick too.
I didn't do too bad on the last couple of flights, I held off on drinking anything but water till the end of the flights then had two cups of tea. But I eat (a lot) I eat my meal and usually part of Dd's I pack snacks, things like goldfish crackers, granola bars, dry stuff. If the plane served crisps I'd crunch my way though the flight. Then need to loose a few pounds on arrival.
Has anyone tried Seabands?
Old Apr 18th 2013, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Has anyone tried Seabands?
Guy we used to sail with swore by them until someone showed him an article that basically said they were a placebo and had no biological effect. He gave up on them and gradually"taught" himself not to be seasick...he always was a little bit at the start of a trip, but the period gradually reduced. Wife uses them when we go on a cruise () and she's not sick...but then we've never been in any weather that gets remotely close to testing the stabilizers, so that doesn't really say much. She is a fan of acupuncture and acupressure though so it's no surprise she likes the sea bands.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 11:12 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guindalf
The people in the seats around you will appreciate it!
I did say

Originally Posted by tonrob
This may not work for everybody.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 1:58 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

You lot are really complicated.

Just take the drugs people. One tiny pill. A better life through chemistry.

Old Apr 19th 2013, 2:15 am
Mouthy Yank

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
You lot are really complicated.

Just take the drugs people. One tiny pill. A better life through chemistry.

http://files.coloribus.com/files/ads...mall-84574.jpg
The pill in question is a nervous system depressant and an antihistamine and also fights with another drug I take. You have to be careful about that stuff
Old Apr 19th 2013, 2:34 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Speedwell
The pill in question is a nervous system depressant and an antihistamine and also fights with another drug I take. You have to be careful about that stuff
So you mean I shouldn't go on taking it with wine and benadryl?
Old Apr 19th 2013, 2:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
So you mean I shouldn't go on taking it with wine and benadryl?
No the cooking sherry would probably work better
Old Apr 19th 2013, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
No the cooking sherry would probably work better
Good point. Have to plan ahead though - for some reason you can't get cooking sherry in the duty free.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.