Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

About the Andrew SeFaria and Vampier argument.

About the Andrew SeFaria and Vampier argument.

Old Jan 9th 2004, 6:36 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: About the Andrew SeFaria and Vampier argument.

I post at work when things are quiet and I have nothing much to do at that particular time. Does that mean I'm "borrowing" from my employer?

Kate. xxxxxxx
Old Jan 9th 2004, 6:43 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by katesuiter1
I post at work when things are quiet and I have nothing much to do at that particular time. Does that mean I'm "borrowing" from my employer?

Kate. xxxxxxx
Yes ! you are stealing time... take youself to the rear of the building and thrash yourself in a severe manner
Old Jan 9th 2004, 6:43 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Tell me exactly how one goes about hijacking a thread that is about another thread that got hijacked.

Originally posted by SecretGarden
The whole question is really does a goldfish who is swimming over the border have a soul, and does it believe in photosynthesis?

I'm out now as I'm feeling guilty for hijacking the thread.

~SG

Edited to correct spelling.........
Old Jan 9th 2004, 6:45 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
Tell me exactly how one goes about hijacking a thread that is about another thread that got hijacked.
OW! Me 'ead hurts!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna put you on a time out in a minute.............

~SG
Old Jan 9th 2004, 6:46 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Are we talking about a Mexican fish or a Canadian fish?

Originally posted by SecretGarden
The whole question is really does a goldfish who is swimming over the border have a soul, and does it believe in photosynthesis?

I'm out now as I'm feeling guilty for hijacking the thread.

~SG

Edited to correct spelling.........
Old Jan 9th 2004, 6:49 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
Are we talking about a Mexican fish or a Canadian fish?
Ray! Help me! I don't know the right answer!!!!!!!!

~SG
Old Jan 9th 2004, 6:54 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sphyrapicus
Did you ever ask Rita about it? Did she respond?
My comment was directed at Andrew, as he seems to post all day long, but yes, Rita used to post during the day quite a bit too, and yes, I believe the subject did come up once or twice during one of the heated UPL discussions (which I don’t want to start over again).

I don’t think she is a paralegal. I think she is a secretary working for a law firm in New York City, and I believe she replied (Rita, please correct me if I get this wrong) that when she posts from work, she does so with the full knowledge and blessing of her employers, who know full well that some of her postings might rise to the level of rendering legal advice.

As I mentioned in my post (concerning Andrew), I once thought Rita posted from work, and I believe she replied that I was correct. One of the reasons I once thought this was due to a new group “run-in� I seem to recall Rita having with another member of the news group (a young girl from Arizona if memory serves me correctly) who managed to track down Rita’s place of employment (I believe this would be the old firm Rita used to work for) and either sent word to her employer, or threatened to send word to her employer about the amount of time she spent posting on the net, and the things she was posting on the net (legal advice). Rita’s reaction in the news group (again, if memory serves me correctly) was that this scared the living bejesus our of Rita who immediately curbed her activity in order not to lose her job (Rita, I’m sorry for bringing this up, but this person asked and replying to her does not expose you to any risk [I don’t want to expose you to any risk]… and sorry if I’m remembering any of this incorrectly).

As an aside, I don’t happen to believe that any attorney or law firm (her current employer) would allow their secretary to answer their phone and render legal advice to the public, so I have my doubts that they really know what she’s doing via their office computers (would not authorize her to do that same thing via the written word), but I’ll take her at her word. Besides, I also believe that Rita has said that she does not post that often from work anymore.

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Jan 9th 2004 at 6:57 pm.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 7:26 pm
WTF?

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
One of the reasons I once thought this was due to a new group “run-in� I seem to recall Rita having with another member of the news group (a young girl from Arizona if memory serves me correctly) who managed to track down Rita’s place of employment (I believe this would be the old firm Rita used to work for) and either sent word to her employer, or threatened to send word to her employer about the amount of time she spent posting on the net, and the things she was posting on the net (legal advice).
This sounds like a person who had their internet life confused with their real life and that happens way too often, IMHP. This is one of many reasons I would never have a personal website. I don't think there is anything wrong with them, and I often visit the ones that other NG members post here. However, I would never allow myself to be that vulnerable. While I'm on the subject, I think it is particularly unfair when somebody uses something they found out about another poster's personal life and uses it against them in this forum. I'm amazed that the same "Posting Police" who get all up in arms about smilies and frivolous threads let things like that go by without a peep. Things like "No wonder your first wife left you." and "Now you're just living vicariously through your daughter." Yes, I'm talking about you Vampeir. I may be engaged in a never ending pissing contest with ADF, but I think that took it a little bit too far.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 7:56 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you are remembering some of it just a little off center. But not a problem or an issue.

Scared yes, but not of losing my job but of her threats to my husband and myself with the then INS as I found out from my then employer that there is nothing that I do on my computer which is not known of. Every keystroke is known. I did not file a police report against her/him when threatened as others might have done but let it ride out. Funny but they disappeared from the forum and were not around to share Jim's and my thrill when he became a citizen. Something they vowed would not happen because we would never be allowed to adjust status.

And for the record, I may not have a "degree" for being a paralegal but I do bill as a paralegal and have since 1989, before it was necessary to have a degree to do the work.

And yes, I have curtailed quite a bit of my posting, call it weaning, until the day comes (soon I hope) where I will nothing more than a moderator and/or poster of off topic posts. Like yoursef, and Mr. Folinskyinla, I usually only post when serious erroneous information is given and then only to correct and steer them on the right path. I also post to learn when I question Mr. F about a subject to interet.

As for the postings from work for anyone poster, that is really between the poster and their employer. I just completed a game on Yahoo because the day is very slow. I also checked out tutition and financial aid information for when I return to school. I checked my private e-mail and wrote a few as well. And what else have I done on the computer today that was not business related? Oh, yes, I'm in the process of drafting a letter to our President and my Congressional Representatives regarding the proposed immigration bill.

Hope everyone's curiousity about me and my past and my day is satisfied.

Bye for now

Rete

My comment was directed at Andrew, as he seems to post all day long, but yes, Rita used to post during the day quite a bit too, and yes, I believe the subject did come up once or twice during one of the heated UPL discussions (which I don’t want to start over again).

I don’t think she is a paralegal. I think she is a secretary working for a law firm in New York City, and I believe she replied (Rita, please correct me if I get this wrong) that when she posts from work, she does so with the full knowledge and blessing of her employers, who know full well that some of her postings might rise to the level of rendering legal advice.

As I mentioned in my post (concerning Andrew), I once thought Rita posted from work, and I believe she replied that I was correct. One of the reasons I once thought this was due to a new group “run-in� I seem to recall Rita having with another member of the news group (a young girl from Arizona if memory serves me correctly) who managed to track down Rita’s place of employment (I believe this would be the old firm Rita used to work for) and either sent word to her employer, or threatened to send word to her employer about the amount of time she spent posting on the net, and the things she was posting on the net (legal advice). Rita’s reaction in the news group (again, if memory serves me correctly) was that this scared the living bejesus our of Rita who immediately curbed her activity in order not to lose her job (Rita, I’m sorry for bringing this up, but this person asked and replying to her does not expose you to any risk [I don’t want to expose you to any risk]… and sorry if I’m remembering any of this incorrectly).

As an aside, I don’t happen to believe that any attorney or law firm (her current employer) would allow their secretary to answer their phone and render legal advice to the public, so I have my doubts that they really know what she’s doing via their office computers (would not authorize her to do that same thing via the written word), but I’ll take her at her word. Besides, I also believe that Rita has said that she does not post that often from work anymore.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:05 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rete
Oh, yes, I'm in the process of drafting a letter to our President and my Congressional Representatives regarding the proposed immigration bill.
Hi Rita,
Thanks for clarifying my retelling of the tale (and sorry for even bringing it up again, and thanks for not getting upset with me for answering the other person’s question).

As for your letter, I’ve been thinking of starting a string where we could put in some suggestions as to what should and should not be part of the new program. Granted, it probably won’t make any difference but it might be a fun intellectual exercise, and might help those who will be participating with the debate (with letters to reps) articulate concerns about any new program.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:12 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rita,
Thanks for clarifying my retelling of the tale (and sorry for even bringing it up again, and thanks for not getting upset with me for answering the other person’s question).

As for your letter, I’ve been thinking of starting a string where we could put in some suggestions as to what should and should not be part of the new program. Granted, it probably won’t make any difference but it might be a fun intellectual exercise, and might help those who will be participating with the debate (with letters to reps) articulate concerns about any new program.

Go for it ... everyone should have a say in this proposed bill. After all, regardless of whether you are the USC or the alien, it will affect you. Perhaps by articulation, a round table type discussion, something of value will emerge which can then be sent to the people we voted into office advising them of what our collective thoughts are as a community actively involved in USCIS processings.

Rete
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

...sent to the people we voted into office advising them of what our collective thoughts...
Unfortunately, many of us (probably 1/2 of the people on here) have not had the opportunity to vote anyone into office yet (because we have not yet become USCs). It sure is frustrating to have lived legally in this country for 8.5 years and paid taxes in every one of those years but never once been allowed to vote. It seems to me that if one is required to provide a portion of one's income to fill the federal coffers that one should be entitled to vote on the leaders that will decide how that money is used.

One proposal I have is to increase the size of USCIS so they can adequately deal with the backlog. I can apply for and receive a social security card in a few weeks. I can apply for a driver's license and get it within a few weeks. I can apply for a passport and receive it in a few weeks. But, the minute I apply for something at USCIS, it takes months (and sometimes years).
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:45 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sphyrapicus
Unfortunately, many of us (probably 1/2 of the people on here) have not had the opportunity to vote anyone into office yet (because we have not yet become USCs). It sure is frustrating to have lived legally in this country for 8.5 years and paid taxes in every one of those years but never once been allowed to vote. It seems to me that if one is required to provide a portion of one's income to fill the federal coffers that one should be entitled to vote on the leaders that will decide how that money is used.

One proposal I have is to increase the size of USCIS so they can adequately deal with the backlog. I can apply for and receive a social security card in a few weeks. I can apply for a driver's license and get it within a few weeks. I can apply for a passport and receive it in a few weeks. But, the minute I apply for something at USCIS, it takes months (and sometimes years).
I can't become a US Citizen.. but I agree with everything you have just said
This thread is still hot!!
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:47 pm
WTF?

Yes, you are remembering some of it just a little off center. But not a problem or an issue.

<snip>

Hope everyone's curiousity about me and my past and my day is satisfied.

Bye for now

Rete
Thanks for responding Rete. Personally I don't think it's anybody's business what you do or when you do it. Whatever you choose to share is fine, but nobody has any right to question you (or me for that matter).

Oh yeah, my boss and I are both internet junkies. When it's slow I spend a lot of time surfing and he knows it. No, he doesn't know each and every website I go to and I'm sure he could care less. I have no idea what he's doing on the net either, and I could care less. The only thing we discuss is plane tickets (he's a genius when it comes to finding cheap fares.) Occasionally if I find an article that will interest him I will forward it to him. He occasionally prints out stuff for me that he thinks I might find interesting.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:55 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Andrew Defaria
". Many people here seem to hate me, do
not thing I'm appealing at all, nor have charm and do not associate me
Hi there Andrew:

This might have not been directed to me, but here I go:
I don't hate you, I have never hated anyone in my life, and I hope I will never have to hate anyone.
You have offended so many people here (Including me) with your posts (A lot of them are my friends).. so don't be surprised when someone gets mad and do the same to you.
You are treated the same way you treat people, be nice and we will be nice to you.

Last edited by Hypertweeky; Jan 9th 2004 at 8:58 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.