2020 Election

Old Oct 16th 2019, 5:30 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Who can say? We're still 3 months out from Iowa. Anything can happen between now and then. I still think Mayor Pete has the better shot of the Midwesterners though.
Old Oct 16th 2019, 5:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robtuck

Given the absurdity that is Trump, and the fact he won't expand his base, all they really need to do is put up someone who sounds as if they care a bit and won't go full Bernie (sorry, alongside the crazy finger wagging, he has a use in life and it's to protest).

+1
Old Oct 17th 2019, 12:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Oct 17th 2019, 1:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Who can say? We're still 3 months out from Iowa. Anything can happen between now and then. I still think Mayor Pete has the better shot of the Midwesterners though.
Agreed. There's probably only room for one of Klobuchar and Buttigieg and the latter is looking stronger. Really, with so many primary votes at stake so early this time, I think the odds are overwhelmingly on one of Biden/Sanders/Warren. I would like to think that Buttigieg can get in the mix too, especially if Biden's support continues to erode.
Old Oct 17th 2019, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
The only clear winner from last night was Trump.
So you obviously watched it then ?
Old Oct 17th 2019, 6:01 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

What's your point? That he shouldn't be allowed to run for president? He should be drawn and quartered? Hanged in the public square? He's stating his platform and I'm impressed by the fact that he seems to know that it is politically disastrous.

If you don't agree with him, then don't vote for him. How is he any more crazy than the sick bastards who run on the platform of outlawing abortion to the point of forcing women (and little girls) to carry pregnancies to term even in the case of rape and incest? Abortion is legal yet they want to make it illegal. Assault weapons are legal and O'Rourke wants to make them illegal. Get over it.
Old Oct 17th 2019, 6:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ingles
So you obviously watched it then ?
I think it's cool that it gives Boiler the opportunity to cut and paste his comment from prior debates. Economy of effort.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Oct 17th 2019 at 6:13 pm.
Old Oct 18th 2019, 1:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
What's your point? That he shouldn't be allowed to run for president? He should be drawn and quartered? Hanged in the public square? He's stating his platform and I'm impressed by the fact that he seems to know that it is politically disastrous.

If you don't agree with him, then don't vote for him. How is he any more crazy than the sick bastards who run on the platform of outlawing abortion to the point of forcing women (and little girls) to carry pregnancies to term even in the case of rape and incest? Abortion is legal yet they want to make it illegal. Assault weapons are legal and O'Rourke wants to make them illegal. Get over it.
+1
Old Oct 18th 2019, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie

+2
Old Oct 18th 2019, 11:59 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is that he is dragging the debate away from the electable position where Dems can draw on moderate Republicans as well as their typical base.

Its a pie in the sky idea too. We could get an assault weapons ban yes, but not a total seizure of the ones out there, and openly saying ‘hell yes we’re going to take your guns’ makes a good number of electorate nervous.

I was an O’Routke supporter at first, but this ‘come to Jesus’ moment that’s he’s having has turned me off and make him a single issue platform that wouldn’t get elected dog catcher. I wish it weren’t true, but it is. The reason he’s saying he’ll never run for another public office is because he knows he’s made himself so toxic that he’s textbook unelectable in TX.
Old Oct 18th 2019, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by civilservant
The problem is that he is dragging the debate away from the electable position where Dems can draw on moderate Republicans as well as their typical base.

Its a pie in the sky idea too. We could get an assault weapons ban yes, but not a total seizure of the ones out there, and openly saying ‘hell yes we’re going to take your guns’ makes a good number of electorate nervous.

I was an O’Routke supporter at first, but this ‘come to Jesus’ moment that’s he’s having has turned me off and make him a single issue platform that wouldn’t get elected dog catcher. I wish it weren’t true, but it is. The reason he’s saying he’ll never run for another public office is because he knows he’s made himself so toxic that he’s textbook unelectable in TX.
The democrats need to cull the field, quickly, in my opinion so we can have a more focused discussion among 'likely contenders'. I don't know enough about the democratic party rules, but hopefully this will happen sooner rather than later.
Old Oct 18th 2019, 3:53 pm
Often not so civil...

Of the 12 that debated this week, 8 of them have already qualified for the November debate. O'Rourke is not one of them, and I believe he still needs 3% in 3 polls to qualify.
Old Oct 18th 2019, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

HDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond repute

The only clear winner from last night was Trump.
Unfortunately I tend to agree. If the economy remains rather strong, Trump v. Warren won't be close (in the Electoral College).
Old Oct 19th 2019, 3:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hillary Clinton suggests Russia is grooming Tulsi Gabbard for third-party run
The Hawaii lawmaker responded by slamming the former first lady as "the queen of warmongers."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...e-u-s-n1068786
https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...russias-050991

Clinton spokesman Nick Merrill confirmed that the former secretary of state was referring to Gabbard. Gabbard, who has previously said she would not run as a third-party candidate, fired back on Twitter.

"Thank you @HillaryClinton," Gabbard
. "You, the queen of warmongers, embodiment of corruption, and personification of the rot that has sickened the Democratic Party for so long, have finally come out from behind the curtain. From the day I announced my candidacy, there has been a concerted campaign to destroy my reputation. We wondered who was behind it and why. Now we know — it was always you, through your proxies and powerful allies in the corporate media and war machine, afraid of the threat I pose."

"It’s now clear that this primary is between you and me," Gabbard continued. "Don’t cowardly hide behind your proxies. Join the race directly."

And we have a year to go!
Old Oct 19th 2019, 4:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

And we have a year to go!
Cool so plenty of time for you to post about your favorite subject - Hillary Clinton.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.