2020 Election

Old Sep 30th 2020, 1:50 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

already for sale on tshirts
Old Sep 30th 2020, 1:53 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
already for sale on tshirts

Making America great again...
Old Sep 30th 2020, 1:59 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

The Biden campaign has them beat. 'Will you shut up, man' T-Shirts were on sale at the Biden store before the end of the debate
Old Sep 30th 2020, 2:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Give it just over a month and the shirts will be 50% off. Dependent on material they might make good dusters or cleaning rags. I am sure if I left one lying on the floor my cat would use it as a pillow or piss on it.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
The American public should be using last nights debacle to ensure the other 2 don't happen never mind the Biden campaign. If the Democrats did pull the plug then the Trumpsters would be calling him out as scared etc etc. Do we really want to submit viewers to another round of that and who in their right mind would want to moderate it?
I can't see the Biden campaign putting a stop to them because its free airtime for Joe, and he needs it considering how often Trump calls into Fox & Friends, or holds his daily rants briefings. I do agree though that Biden just needs to continue as he did last night - just talk like a normal human being and address the voters directly and its his to lose.

Three and a half years America - that's how long you've got to come up with some really high quality candidates and ideas for the next election. Presuming Biden is an establishment continuity candidate - if he wins he'll spend the next four years restoring dignity to the office and working with Senate and Congress to repair some damage done nationwide and attempting to repair international relations. Hopefully he'll be nice and boring.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 2:07 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
The Biden campaign has them beat. 'Will you shut up, man' T-Shirts were on sale at the Biden store before the end of the debate
Indeed. It doesn't take a designer more than 15 minutes to throw a line of text and a photo into an image.

For all his faults, however, Biden isn't an armed, violent, group of thugs that now thinks that POTUS has given them permission to "go in and **** them [the protesters] up", as the PBs said.

This country is not in very good shape.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by yellowroom
I can't see the Biden campaign putting a stop to them because its free airtime for Joe, and he needs it considering how often Trump calls into Fox & Friends, or holds his daily rants briefings. I do agree though that Biden just needs to continue as he did last night - just talk like a normal human being and address the voters directly and its his to lose.

Three and a half years America - that's how long you've got to come up with some really high quality candidates and ideas for the next election. Presuming Biden is an establishment continuity candidate - if he wins he'll spend the next four years restoring dignity to the office and working with Senate and Congress to repair some damage done nationwide and attempting to repair international relations. Hopefully he'll be nice and boring.
Refusing the other debates would leave Biden open to charges of running away. Other than that, there's nothing to gain imo in shows such as last night. Nobody can be making up their minds who to vote for based on these "debates". If they ever do. This was just a cheerleading exercise for each "side".
Old Sep 30th 2020, 2:14 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Indeed. It doesn't take a designer more than 15 minutes to throw a line of text and a photo into an image.
They've been working on it, I didn't look past the first page but there are some nice designs: https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from...n&_sacat=11450

Old Sep 30th 2020, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by caretaker
They've been working on it, I didn't look past the first page but there are some nice designs: https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from...n&_sacat=11450
They did better than the official campaign designer did Everyone wants to cash in. Some of those sellers probably did shirts for the right-wing thugs group too.

Not the country I moved to.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 2:45 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

False equivalency.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 2:47 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
False equivalency.
Um... how? Both of these are companies trying to make money. One just happens to be a political campaign.

I couldn't care less what some right wing nutjob is wearing.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 2:53 pm
He/him

I couldn't care less what some right wing nutjob is wearing.
You don't care about the legitimizing of a Weimar style street fighting political group, being called upon to "watch the polls"?
Old Sep 30th 2020, 2:54 pm
Often not so civil...

That's not what I said. I said I don't care about the shirts they wear. Nice try putting words in my mouth though.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 3:07 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

You have only to view both CNN and Fox to experience the conflict between the two opposing views of the debate.
I didn't watch the debate but I did see three or four short snippets as it was going on and before anyone else had commented.
These short windows into what was apparently a shit show, made two impressions.
1. Trump was bombastic.
2. Biden appeared tired.
But of course this was only entertainment, US politics itself is now only entertainment, only the networks win everyone else loses.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 3:44 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't each candidate supposed to get two and a half minutes of uninterrupted time to answer the moderator's questions? The only way that's going to happen is by silencing their microphones when it's not their turn to speak. Any chance of that happening for the next two debates?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.